OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 380 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 123,310 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• You are obviously using oscam-trunk, which was bugged in 11533 and 11534.

The only relevant change you made was adding "boxtype = dreambox", which avoided the bug.

And yes, of course you need to configure oscam yourself, whatever oscam you get, it can't know what cards or cardservers you have.

Even oscam-smod, which can operate totally configless as long as you only use the emulator and/or local cards, can only do so until proxies (cardservers) need to be added.

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• Hello

Maybe it will be helpfull for others

1. Where I find softcam program file after installation
    /etc/init.d/softcam (can be named softcam...)

2. Where I find oscam program file after installation

/usr/bin/oscam (can be named oscam...)

3. Where I find oscam emulation script

/etc/oscam.emu

inside oscam.emu:

emuname = oscam-trunk

binname = oscam-trunk

startcam = /usr/bin/oscam-trunk -b -r 2 -c /etc/tuxbox/config

stopcam = killall -9 osca

4. Where I find oscam configuration data:

/etc/tuxbox/config/

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.../...

My question is what means those options attributes "-b -r 2 -c" ?

• I bought a ZGemma H5 about 10 months ago.
    It came with OpenaATV 6.2 (build 0 kernel 4.10.12 drivers 30/08/18).
    I have not connected it to any LAN, so I can interact only with the remote and I can't upgrade/download anything through the Internet.

My H5 still runs on the above mentioned 6.2 release, to which I manually added (ipk usb install) just one single plugin, cccam 230, needed to use a card which gives access to the free "satellite version" of some free terrestrial channels (no paid subscriptions needed, nothing illegal).
    The ipk file was provided by the H5 vendor; as far as I remember, as soon as I installed it the card started working and has always worked since.

When I saw that recently the 6.3 release finally became "stable" I thought that maybe time has come for an upgrade, which in my case has to be an "offline" one. If I'm not mistaken, I'd have to launch both the provided backups (image and settings), flash the 6.3 image from usb and then restore the settings backup.
    Then a question arose: what about the installed plugin?
    I noticed that a recent "settings backup" contains not only the plugin configuration files but also a binary file which looks like the plugin itself, so I thought that maybe the "settings backup", once restored, could restore also the plugin and its configuration. Anyway, I also thought, should the plugin be missing after that, I could always re-install it with the original ipk file.

I was nearly ready to go when I came to this thread, where I learned that everything about softcams has changed in OpenATV, not only in 6.3 but also earlier, in 6.2s newer than mine. So now I have a few doubts:
    Is my (working) 6.2 really worth upgrading?
    What's actually new (or better) in 6.3?
    Being able to access my H5 only with the remote, shall I give up upgrading and leave everything as it is? :)

• @ Hello SpaceRat, there is tons of information and i am confused, how to install oscam on my openatv 6.3 (dm820). Would you help and guide in plain steps that how i could install oscam from openatv secret feed and how to activate it.

Thanks

• I have an an issue and I don't know how to resolve it.

telnet the softcam feed. no problem.

In plugins I am using cccam (2.3.2.r1-de)

CCccams work. No problem.

I go into softcams. Blue button (info)

Nearly all the option in here throw up this error.

32527522f2d7aabcf1f.png

Now I am sure this used to work, but all of a sudden it doesn't

I have tried it on 2 different boxes. Both exact same result.

I have my CCcam.cfg in /etc/

I have tried it empty, I have tried it with valid details in it.

Nothing works.

SpaceRat

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I'll have a look.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• Hey everyone.

Please, who is the author of the "feed" script on the URL link - http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed ? :P

Please change the original characters ! used in the "sed" tool, in regular expressions, to another common used character / due to possible incompatibility issues between scripting languages: bash / sh / python. This can cause a syntax problem (POSIX) in certain specific cases.

When I copied this function directly to the PUTTY open SSH terminal and ran it in Shell, the exclamation mark was misunderstood in Shell and the function could not be executed. Of course, I admit that this is just my specific case of using the code from the "feed" script.

However, I think it is preferable to use the usual separator characters in regular expressions (for the "sed" tool), such as: #, @, or /

OEVER=$(echo $OEVER | sed "s!OE-Alliance !!")

To:

OEVER=$(echo $OEVER | sed "s/OE-Alliance //")

Thanks.

:)

• Giggzhawker :

New versions of OpenATV have been upgraded by the Softcams launcher. Unfortunately, EMU files are no longer supported - OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread . The shell scripts in the "/etc/init.d" folder are now used and must be named "oscam.<softcam_name>". Unfortunately, the OpenATV startup algorithm (Python source code) can only keep one Softcam active. However, you can also use your own trigger using init.d scripts and omit the OpenATV trigger (via the Enigma source code) altogether. However, if you omit the Softcams launcher via OpenATV/Enigma, you will lose the ability to display Softcam information in the Enigma GUI / SKIN. See there for manually softcam launching but also for installing softcam as manually (necessary knowledge of Linux): Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

Why do you want so many Softcams ? Isn't one multi-protocol Oscam enough for all protocols ?! Or do you have any compatibility issues in certain protocols when using Oscam ?

• Giggzhawker :

New versions of OpenATV have been upgraded by the Softcams launcher. Unfortunately, EMU files are no longer supported - OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread . The shell scripts in the "/etc/init.d" folder are now used and must be named "oscam.<softcam_name>". Unfortunately, the OpenATV startup algorithm (Python source code) can only keep one Softcam active. However, you can also use your own trigger using init.d scripts and omit the OpenATV trigger (via the Enigma source code) altogether. However, if you omit the Softcams launcher via OpenATV/Enigma, you will lose the ability to display Softcam information in the Enigma GUI / SKIN. See there for manually softcam launching but also for installing softcam as manually (necessary knowledge of Linux): Tutorial : How to install softcam (OSCam/CCCam) manually, if you hate ipk packages

Why do you want so many Softcams ? Isn't one multi-protocol Oscam enough for all protocols ?! Or do you have any compatibility issues in certain protocols when using Oscam ?

Thanks for your reply, i run Ncam for Cccam,Mgcamd and Powervu. I also want to run a camserver which is running on Oscam. This is for convinience instead of going to manually change the softcam when is switch channels in bouquet list.

• Use only Oscam as a multiprotocol client + server in one. It is better. Problems can only be with the communication protocol compatibility of some versions of other softcams, so it is sometimes difficult to manage the settings. Well, it would be worth a try!

All protocol / client types are supported by Oscam protocols. Even the old mgcamd client instead of the newcamd client:

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki…onfig/oscam.conf#mgclient

When it comes to using your own softcam server, it is good to use only one protocol. Either newcamd or cccam server.

Running multiple softcam clients on a single set top box can be an unnecessary burden on the DVB-system (total chaos in using multiple softcams instead of one softcam).

• Finally I Solved The Issues

DosCam Working

Oscam Working

CCAM Working

Install Fresh Opean ATV 6.3 Software Then Install ( softcam-feed-universal_4.3-r4_all ) Reboot Receiver

Press Green Button + Green Button U Will FOUND Softcam Option Install Which cam You Want To Use

The Configuration files Now can be Changed in FOLDER

\\VUDUO2\Root\etc\tuxbox\config

for CCAM Cam Can Edit Cong File Here

\\VUDUO2\Root\etc

• Hi all,

I hope someone can help me,

I want to use Openatv 6.4 but i have always problems with my CCcam.

My CCcam is stable and it works great on every image.

Only at Openatv 6.4 it keeps freezing . I have installed 2.3.2r1 Cccam on Openatv.

Can someone help me ?

• Same here.

With a backup from OpenATV 6.3 from 20-01-2019 my CCcam works perfectly, with the version 6.3 from 01-2020 with softcam-feed-universal_4.3-r4_all it hangs every 2 or 3 minutes.

• This is a question for the developers of a particular CCCam or the OpenATV developers (but it is forbidden to discuss Softcam in the OpenATV forum). The error will probably be in incompatible libraries or differently functioning libraries. In OpenATV 6.4, you may want to use new Linux libraries and modules. It is necessary to find out which dependencies on libraries are in case of CCCam. Then check whether these libraries have been updated to newer in OpenATV 6.4.

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!