[Plugin] VPN Manager

There are 546 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 166,681 times. The last Post () by djmx.

• Change to, for instance, PurE2, m8...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I followed your guide step by step but when I press ok to choose the vpn server to use I have this error

[eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=59): Value too large for defined data type

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/VpnManager/plugin.py", line 258, in keyOK

new_conf_write = open(new_config, "a")

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/openvpn/italia.conf'

dm8000 and OPENPLI 7.2 :crying:

• I don't have your box and I use a different E2...

I would not use OpenPLi, in other words but do as you please...

Try this and tell: http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.3/dreambox/

Help re. how to set up PurE2 is in PurE2 section of this great forum...

Also, you can use other good teams' images, like ViX, ATV etc.

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• In the new version the file to edit is here: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/VpnManager (use FileZilla Client to connect with your STB).

Now, open file called plugin.py in Notepad++ and edit lines no. 61 and 62 by using your username/password like so, where you see XxXx:

Code
    config.vpnmanager.username = ConfigText(default="xXxxxxXXxxxxxxXXxxxXXXXx", fixed_size=False)
    config.vpnmanager.password = ConfigText(default="xXxxxxXXxxxxxxXXxxxXXXXx", fixed_size=False)

Save when done, confirm, then close the editor, then FileZilla Client and restart E2... ;)

• "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• why always after restart the receiver openvpn folder automatically removed how to fix this isuue

• Where are you copying your openvpn config files folder to it is not tmp is it. look at tutorial

/media/hdd/openvpn/cz like that is this wrong ?

Have you only one lot of configs i,e, cz . if not try setting /media/hdd/openvpn and all config in one folder to no. make sure you press ok to save it.

yes i iknow tthat we have to press save and ok login ok but whe we reboot the created folder disappeared and note i did this method in almost all images same result i get how to fix

• Follow the tutorial.

• Big thanks to gorski for the tutorial its took me three days to get my head round how to do it ( I guess its simple when you know how lol ) Im using winscribe just to test. The tv is stopping but I think thats just down to VPN being turd I actually forgot that I had it and nearly bought another one but cheers pal it really helped:beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1:

• My pleasure! :)

If rec is "stopping" depends on its firepower: processor and RAM...

So, newer STBs with multi-core processors can easily dedicate one core to just OpenVPN encryption and all would be well...

I think for us here SurfShark is best because it allows for unlimited devices and it works in Windows, Android, Enigma2 and so on, plus it is not expensive at all!

• Its the actual live stream that's stopping , I stopped using winscribe on my laptop because it was unreliable it kept disconnecting I only used it to learn how to set up the config files etc I will have a look at surf shark later 👍

It's setup on a zgemma h2h I have acquired a few lately from family members for some reason .

• Good but not very strong by today's standards, that box.

Buy H7 and forget about many "issues" other machines might have...

I described what and how to do with SurfShark in every detail necessary, so have fun...

• @ all struggling with setting up OpenVPN ("manual setup") in E2

Unless I am terribly mistaken, there is a small difference between Surfshark and the rest of them, when it comes to OpenVPN "manual" setup....

So, the difference between Surfshark OpenVPN (= manual setup for Enigma2) and the rest of VPN providers is just one file, where they keep one of the encryption keys. Surfshark have them both in .ovpn file, while others split them in two ("cert" and ".ovpn" file, while "auth" file, if memory serves, is for username/password). The principle is the same.

So, for other VPN providers who do not know how/don't bother to put both OpenVPN keys in one file (ovpn), you just need to add that extra file with the the other OpenVPN key.

Your username and password should go to the VPN Manager py file, as described in detail by me (you can even do it using your remote controller).

Good luck!

P.S. I urge you not to put the .ovpn files on a Hard Disk Drive (HDD), which has moving parts - but on USB stick or SSD or mSD, perhaps even the flash (I wouldn't - so when I have to reinstall - everything is ready for me on my USB stick, so that saves time, too).

P.P.S. If you have older, weaker machines with 400 - 750MHz processors - this might not work very well (or at all), since OpenVPN encryption might need more firepower, like newer STBs with quad core 1.5GHz processor and enough RAM....

• Just trying to add username and password how you have described in the tut, but line 61 and 62 look nothing like what you have written, did try and paste your lines in but then the plug in won't open

• Which version of the plugin are you using? Which text editor?

Either way, go up and down the plugin.py and find username and password lines...

In the previous version it was around 50th line, in the version 1.1.4 it was around 60th - it is obvious for anyone to see....

• Thanks for the guide gorski but i'm still having problems.

The box is blue screening now when i press ok on the folder in vpn manager.

Using an old zgemma 2s on OpenATV, not sure if its the box, the image or my fault

10:10:58.839 ( )Components/ActionMap.py:46 action action -> OpenVPN_Actions down

10:1059078 I 1 driverrcinput.cpp:23 handlecode 0 6c 1

10:1059083 { } Screens/infoBarGenerics.py:204 action KEY: 108 1 KEY DOWN DOWN

10:10:59.391 driver/rc input.cpp:23 handle code 161

10:1059396 Screens/infoBarGenerics.py:204 action KEY: 108 O KEY DOWN DOWN

10:1059398 Components/ActionMap py 46 action action OpenVPN Actions down

10:1059587 [drive/input.cpp:23 handy Code 0 6c 1

10:1059592 } Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py:204 action KEY: 108 1 KEY DOWN DOWN

10:11:00.6270 driver/rcinput.cpp:23 handleCode 1 160 1

10:11:00.632 ( ) Screens/infoBarGenerics.py:204 action KEY 352 0 KEY OK OK

10:11:00.634 € ) Components/ActionMap.py:46 action action> OpenVPN Actions ok

10:1100906 D) Traceback (most recent call last)

10:1100907 D) File "usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py". line 48, in action

10:11:00.908 (D) File /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/VpnManager/plugin.py", line 268. in keyOK

10:11:00-912(D) shutil.copy2(conf destination file. "/etc/openvpn file)

10:11:00.913(D) File "usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 130, in copy2

10:11:00.916 (D) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py". line 82. in copyfile

10:11:00.918{D) IOError[Errno 21] is a directory: /media/sd1//vpn/uk

10:11:00.919EE) python/python.cpp:209 call (Pyobject_Callobject(«bound method Action Map.action of <Components. Action Map.ActionMap Instance at Ox71cd4cBB>>OpenVPN Action

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!