2x DVB-C + 2x Providers - Help.

There are 94 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,978 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi!

Is IT possible to have 2 different providers ,one for every DVB-C tuner? I tried, but I can see only the channels from tuner (B).

I will try to explain:

Receiver: H7C

Image: openPLi 7.2 2019/12/16 but I tried other several images.

Tuner A (sat): no problem

Tuner B (cable): Digi Cable (Romania)

Tuner C (cable): Orange Cabel (Romania)

98d1f6fa4e3fe084bb109b.jpg

When scanning Tuner B and C , all received channels are mixed on Channel selection (TV)-Satellites \Cable-Services.

Scan Tuner B:

65fc2b4dd7b0fa71ae1568.jpg

Scan Tuner C:

e439c156d26fa.jpg

All received channels are mixed on Channel selection (TV)-Satellites \Cable-Services:

dab7dc0b26.jpg

Lets look at Agro TV channel. First is from tuner B the second from tuner C.

When I select the first one, it is OK. Tuner B is selected.

2746f.jpg

When I try to select the second one, the receiver doesn't switch to tuner C and I receive error.

2318679faacf1dc94050d.jpge1b1ea2ade1.jpg

This is the situation.

Using different images (OpenPli, Open ATV, Pure 2, Openvix) make no difference in results.

How to solve this situation?

LE: Solution is here(click): 2xDVB-C + 2xProvideres, Help.

• Ah I see your problem.

Maybe a blind scan on your cable tuner might sort it out.

Try Blind scan tuner b and then tuner c

I hope this helps but am not able to confirm as I don't have any access to those packages.

• Not sure, never used cable, just Sat and T2, sorry... Plus, your setup is unusual, I must say...

Have you tried a "preferential tuner" settings?

When you go to setup re. tuners - how exactly do you do that? The Devil lies in the details... Settings?

Also, the fact these channels are all in the same list of channels in the end is normal. Once you scan it all you make Favs out of those. Or choose by provider.

Use SetEdit and DreamBox Edit editors to sort them out. Hopefully, somewhere in those one can link each provider to a different tuner, as preferential - maybe...???

I mean, is it at all possible to link each provider to a different tuner? Sorry, I'm ill on a holiday, brain not working...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

Do both providers have separate feeds ?? Or do they come down the same cable ?

To me it looks like gorski is right and you will need to make up a channel list to suit your needs.

Autobouquetsmaker plugin would do a lot of the hard work for you, but it dose not look either provider is currently supported. So it would be a case of requesting support from the plugin maintainers OE alliance abu baniaz may be able to help

• Indeed!

In the Tuner setup, I suppose, one should not put "Tuner B (cable) = the same as Tuner A (cable)", for instance... Is Romania catered for in the settings, for those 2 providers - can you actually do them separately, one for each tuner?

And then, if they are having separate cables (following the Sat TV logic where 2 different cables feed 2 separate tuners, at least), it stands to reason that it should work properly... but hey... who knows...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

There was a thread on PLI for someone with a similar setup. It is not a common setup and I cannot remember if a working solution was found. I'm pretty sure you would have to combine the cables and use the namespace subnet so that services that are on same frequency are treated differently.

Enigma2 treats all cable services the same, so easiest way to distinguish between is as per Gorski's post. Make your own bouquets or providers.

I'll try to post back tomorrow with details from the other thread.

• There are different cables, one for Tuner B and one for tuner C. Different providers (one for each cables)and different feed. Feed on tuner B from 30x to 5xx, and for tuner C from 7xx to 8xx.

On DVB-C tuner C there are no equal to tuner B option (as is on 2xDVB-S).

I tried to scan tuner B, created a bouquet with tuner B chanels. Deleted DVB-C services and scaned tuner C. Created bouqet with tuner C chanels. Rescaned tuner B (now, there are mixed on DVBC-services (Cable services) but with 2 bouqets , one for each Service provider). But as as said, the receiver use only tuner B.

I tried also to set different options in "preferential tuner" settings. Tuner B, or tuner c, or tuner B+C. Same result.

On setedit I didnt find the option to set wich tuner to be used for each Chanel.

• Once you scan and make a fav group - why do you rescan?

• Just to put all chanel from (ex) tuner B on a Bouquet. If I scan both tuners it mix the chanels on Cable-services.

Rescan tuner B because I deleted chanels from tuner B (after put them on bouquet and scan tuner C to put chanel from tuner C in other bouquet).

• No...

Once you scan them, leave them in, m8. Make your Favs.

Then, add the second cable and scan again. Add to Favs the new channels.

Then, let's see...

• Yes. don't complicate it.

When you give the command to scan for channels, above you must choose which tuner first - so, you are giving a command to a specific tuner to scan for channels, not to both.

One at the time, yes... No deleting of channels, no re-scaning, unplugging cables etc.

The boring bit comes after, sorting them out, one by one, sending them where you want them to be, depending on a tuner and Favs group or whatever you decide to do...

That is why we appreciate the effort of those guys who make those "settings lists"... ;)

• You probably scanned just one tuner, hence you did not get the other's channels, then...?

• You probably scanned just one tuner, hence you did not get the other's channels, then...?

Noup, as I said earlier.

I tried again (with pictures):

1. Orange Romania on Tuner B and Digi Romania on Tuner C. Those are different cable providers that means there are 2 cables.

2. Scan Tuner B, create bouquetname1 containing just 1 chanel ( Antena 1 HD ).

3. Scan Tuner C, create bouquetname2 containing just 1 chanel.( Antena 1 HD )

Antena 1 HD is the same chanel but different providers (Digi and Orange), different frequency.

4. The chanel from Tuner B (bouquetename1 ) running well.

5. The chanel from Tuner C (bouquetename2 ) doesnt running , because the receiver doesn't swich the tuner from B to C .

55198b4.jpga575aea.jpg3d92a91cd43226f4f640.jpg4b7dc5b7cfe.jpg0e428de1f7a59c9c.jpg278632583a515ab.jpg7388a5781758.jpg3517b14eb8.jpg52f6f0.jpgbc31dce28c93633f294.jpgb7be564a9f0.jpg

• Last image, play with settings - "preferred tuner" not to Auto... i.e. try C and tell...

Don't forget to RESTART (FULLY, not just restart E2) every time you change something important!

• 1. "preferred tuner" to Auto.: B-ok,            C - not OK

2."preferred tuner" to B: B-ok,           C - not OK

3. "preferred tuner" to C: B- not ok,     C - OK

4. "preferred tuner" to B+C: B- ok,           C - not OK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!