Jedi EPG Xtream

There are 631 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 148,547 times. The last Post () by zehnisagcan.

• Jedi EPG Xtream V2.00

New file on post 1

e9e7e5c258dbc42a1926ede46.png

So whats new....

Well basically I gave it some love and refactored all the code and skins.

New skin code, so should be 100% compatible with dreamboxes

New previous letter (2) / next letter (8) code that works on all 4 columns

New fuzzy logic for finding close matches for images that have fuzzywuzzy module in their feeds
    Fallbacks to old logic for images that dont have fuzzywuzzy (dreamboxes)

EPG Selection column now only shows close matches for simplicity

Faster downloading and parsing of the files. Huge files are much much quicker now.

EPG sources are no longer sorted and follows the /etc/enigma2/jediepgxtream/epglist.txt file structure

I have commented out the GEN sources in this release. They are UK football blocked and are down more than they are up.

In the epglist.txt there is also now a new Rytec-ALL that can be used instead of all the individual Rytec sources. Note this ALL file is a bit laggy on load though, but more convenient.

New helper text at top, so you know what is going on, rather than just watching a loading circle unaware if anything is happening.

New Logo

New plugin icon

New font - for all languages

Has been tested on python 2.7 / python 3 and dreamboxes

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

DreamOS version is added to post nr 1

Read about the latest miracle from KiddaC in this post :) :thumbup:

God used seven days KiddaC only 3 ;)

Jedi EPG Xtream

• I will be back in hour, If there are no bugs mentioned I will then push this new version to git so it can be used in feeds.

Sods law, when I eventually got round to adding this to my git originally, it was broken :)

• let me explain what that code is doing to see if you can see why yours is different.

So we reading line by line the file etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv

#NAME Bouquets (TV)

#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.LastScanned.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.jmx_iptv1.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.jmx_iptv2.xyz.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

the code that is failing for you is

bouquetpath = line.split('"')[1::2][0]

which is basically splitting the line up at every quotemark " and placing the results in a list

line.split('"')

['#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET ', 'userbouquet.jmx_iptv1.tv', ' ORDER BY bouquet']

line.split('"')[1::2] is a slice notation.

slice 0 = '#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET '
    slice 1 = 'userbouquet.jmx_iptv1.tv'
    slice 2 = ORDER BY bouquet']

So its basically saying start at slice 1 and stop at slice 2
    That gives us this.
    ['userbouquet.jmx_iptv1.tv']

As this value is in a list and I just want the value. then we add the last bit [0]
    this gives us this value, and its this value I am trying to get. The name of the bouquet.

line.split('"')[1::2][0]
    userbouquet.jmx_iptv1.tv

So I don't know what you have in your bouquets.tv file but it doesn't seem to be standard format.

online python 2.7 tool can be found here
    https://repl.it/languages/python

test your iptv lines from your bouquets.tv file

i.e

Code
    line='#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.jmx_iptv1.tv" ORDER BY bouquet'

print(line.split('"'))
    print()
    print(line.split('"'))[1::2]
    print()
    print(line.split('"')[1::2][0])

• KiddaC here are results I only pasted one bouquet name

Code
    ['#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET ', 'userbouquet.jmx_live_REAL_-_UK_MOVIES.tv', ' ORDER BY bouquet']
    ()
    ['userbouquet.jmx_live_REAL_-_UK_MOVIES.tv']
    ()
    userbouquet.jmx_live_REAL_-_UK_MOVIES.tv
  • Few details.

1. Is it possible to allow go up from the top of the list (to the end of the list)? Sometimes list is too long and go up is more convenient. In addition, I think this is the reason why box do not responds after pressing 2 on top or 8 on bottom. Only restart from button helps.

2. Why it jumps to the top of the list after channel assigning (or unassigning)? It is very inconvenient.

3. I met a crash after plugin uninstall. Box cannot restart. I can submit crashlog if you need.

4. I completely agree with the case mentioned above (H2 - History2). There are many channels like this. It is a problem.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK!

DM900 Combo, Experimental 29-10-2021+GP4.2

Edited 5 times, last by Gurman2000 ().

• I don't really use this plugin, so when I rewrote it, I just did what I presumed best. What I think best is not necessarily how other users use it.

It's first release of new code, so don't expect it to be 100% first time.

regarding h2 to history 2 - I use fuzzy logic which tries to find best matches. In reality h2 is nothing like history 2, so yes it will probably struggle to find that one.

1. Is it possible to allow go up from the top of the list (to the end of the list)? Sometimes list is too long and go up is more convenient. In addition, I think this is the reason why box do not responds after pressing 2 on top or 8 on bottom. Only restart from button helps.

Don't know why you are struggling with this. 2 and 8 work smoothly on my box for previous and next letter. It has no problem with jumping from top of list to bottom using these buttons.
    Quick way to go bottom of the list is press 0 (to go top of the list then up - two button clicks)

2. Why it jumps to the top of the list after channel assigning (or unassigning)? It is very inconvenient.

It doesn't. If you assign an epg it jumps back to 2 column on the previously selected channel.
    unassign stays on the same channel
    Unassign all stays on the same channel

I completely agree with the case mentioned above (H2 - History2). There are many channels like this. It is a problem.

I can put the full list back in no problem. But when I was testing this yesterday, I managed to fill an entire iptv list with no issues from the short list.
    I see now that there will be certain channels that will cause an issue though.

Anyone else got bouquet.tv list index crashes, like urie reported???

• not sure if its a bug or its just the way is it lol.

Channel named H2 and in epg its history2

Its doesn't seem to fine a match for it and can't check for it.

Thats an ugly channel list.
    My testing was only done with clean channel lists. None of these ugly prefixes like UK SD |

Does that provider prefix the entire category name before all the channels. i.e US Entertainment | blahblahblah

How are you finding using the plugin. Despite the prefixes is it still managing to find most channels

• Feel free to comment.
    Good, bad or ugly.
    I am only going to be spending a few days tweaking this plugin, its low priority on my to do list, so shout up early if you got issues or you just want to say all good for you.

• Thanks for your response KiddaC, but all I wrote exists on my box. I sure that these problems don't exist on yours, but I simply wanted to let you know and do plugin better. Anyway many thanks again for your plugins.

DM900 Combo, Experimental 29-10-2021+GP4.2

• Official Post

Your quot nr2 2. Why it jumps to the top of the list after channel assigning (or unassigning)? It is very inconvenient.

Your answer:

It doesn't. If you assign an epg it jumps back to 2 column on the previously selected channel.

unassign stays on the same channel

Unassign all stays on the same channel

But for DreamOS VTI and Blackhole it always jumps back to column nr 2 but always to the top of the list ;)

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!