My Toroidal 90 setup

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,988 times. The last Post () by didi.

• So after owning one for years and just using it as a regular 4x lnb dish the
    time has come to add some additional lnb's.
    Had a short run with 8 lnb's with 2x 4 DiSEqC switches connected to an 2 port
    uncommitted switch but this gave some "lagg" during channel changes specially
    while switching between sat's.

So there had to be a new switch for my upcoming setup choice of DiSEqC switch

dd5ace6d.jpg

Today's work 12,5W to 28,2E tho I haven't made the cables yet

78edf387a6db67.jpg

So now it's time to make them cables and damn do I hate that :/

Could some one be kind enough to help me out how I can 'paste' pictures straight
    to the post rather than attachments .

T90, 800se 1tb, 800s, 600c

• Nice post + thanks for the pix ;)
    What I do regarding uploading pix is have the image ,pass it on to IMAGESHACK uploader ,
    command the size (either 640x640 for nondetailed pic or 800x800 for detailed) then upload then copy url to the post,,,

like in this 640x640 capture:

or 800x800 :

this is how your pic is at 640x640:

• So after finally starting to make the cables thought it be better to document the work in progress

Connectors of choice due to the two o-rings that prevent moisture and water from getting in

The cable used is a a bit to thick so getting the connector on was a b..tch but on the other hand there
    will be no room for water and unwanted moisture.

Sealed and done

1,2mm as it should be

Now i require more coffee to cure my finger tips after mounting these 6 of ~24 done
    So made it as far as 16E then I ran out of cable so 19,2/23,5/28,2 has to wait

:reason for edit additional info.

• So time has passed quickly thought I throw in a few new pics since the last update was made

28,2e-0,8w configured and up'n running atm

and a close up of the cable mess before I strap 'em all together

So far I've have managed to connect 9 of 12 lnb's have a hard time to find any useful ones beyond 0,8w
    as I can't get any further than ~18w.

• I don't understand why so many lnb's...

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• its faster switching from lnb to lnb compared to a motor moving...
    ¿so many?? i imagine because thats what´s out there on the eastern side of his geographical location...!!

28,2e-0,8w configured and up'n running atm

:10lol:

• As cazuela stated instant channel change between say 0,8w-28,2e no ~60sec waiting for the
    motor to turn I should be enable to pick up things between 40-40 but not with this antenna.
    Few months back I was offered one 2,4m dish with motor for free but think the misses would have some
    to say about that so for the time being I passed on that offer. As I simply don't have the space without
    making my backyard look like SETi's HQ

She was happy enough when I got rid of my 3,8*3,8m Tri band Yagi thought I keep my self on the + side
    for a bit now.

didi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!