Dream UP linux?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,260 times. The last Post () by FerDream.

• Hi, I have had a bad flash on my DM500 and need to run dreamup to reflash it, only pc I have has Ubuntu on it so I want to flash it in ubuntu does anyone have an easy install guide, I have googled it and tried a few but none work???

• Official Post

Hi, I have had a bad flash on my DM500 and need to run dreamup to reflash it, only pc I have has Ubuntu on it so I want to flash it in ubuntu does anyone have an easy install guide, I have googled it and tried a few but none work???

This one is reported as working, unzip the file to your chosed diectory, start terminal and cd to that location then,

Code
    chmod 755 DreamUP_Linux_1_3_beta

Code
    ./DreamUP_Linux_1_3_beta
    • Official Post

whe trying to run dreamup i get 'error while trying to load shared binaries: libglib-1.2.so.0
    no such directory

Tried this myself and got the same error, this should work for you

Download all 3 files and put them in /tmp

now in terminal in this order

Code
    cd /tmp

Code
    sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2-common_1.2.10-18.1build2_all.deb

Code
    sudo dpkg -i libglib1.2ldbl_1.2.10-19build1_i386.deb

Code
    sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2_1.2.10-18.1build2_i386.deb

Now you should be able to run it, at this point i got Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
    but this is because i have no gui installed.

Let us know how you geton please.

• Thanks Ten your a Legend! got it all working now, BUT ended up having to do a full re-install, i messed it all up, but now i have a fresh install all working but i can copy any files via ftp to my server keeps saying permission denied i know how to chmod + chown etc but none of this is helping, any ideas mate?

• Official Post

Thanks Ten your a Legend! got it all working now, BUT ended up having to do a full re-install, i messed it all up, but now i have a fresh install all working but i can copy any files via ftp to my server keeps saying permission denied i know how to chmod + chown etc but none of this is helping, any ideas mate?

Use the root account to transfer the files over.

• Installing all the files went fine now when i try to run i get

'error while trying to load shared binaries: libgdk-pixbuf.so.2'

this is driving me mad lol help!

I still get this message, have tried to install all the packages several times, but i dont come any longer.

reberg

• Hi
    Trying to get DreamUP to run in Debian, installed fresh debian system with GUI and via terminal managed to copy 3 files above:

File Type: deb libglib1.2ldbl_1.2.10-19build1_i386.deb (119.8 KB, 70 views)
    File Type: deb libgtk1.2_1.2.10-18.1build2_i386.deb (856.6 KB, 65 views)
    File Type: deb libgtk1.2-common_1.2.10-18.1build2_all.deb (203.7 KB, 59 views)

to tmp folder.
    I "dpkg -i" them and they all unpacked but what now. Where ais the exe file?
    Cheers

i

• I have tried to use the DreamUp for Linux, but, the libglib files required to get it work in Ubuntu 20.04 are too old, today is not possible to use the DreamUp for Linux from 2011, so, I will try to solve the problem with a Windows PC.

Moreover, my Dreambox has two Ferrari CA, so, I have to flash it with software written to work with Ferrari.

Thanks for the help, trying to solve the problem I'm learning about Dreambox, it's very interesting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!