New setup with Unicable2/FBC + Motor - illustration :-)

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,499 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hey there guys,

Im new to Unicable, but Im going to get a unicable LNB (selfsat) and my two Vu+ are compatible.

So, is this the way to set it up physically? I mean, I guess I cant get "unicable" signel through the Motor or??

Please help with any guidiance how to setup like this both hardware, but also the settings in the Vu+

Main satellite position is 0,8 west.

ae5dO22.jpg

Thanks for any ideas and help

Regards.

• Google it, m8...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Well, the motor is only used in rare cases. So my setup would be "fixed" to 0,8 west. ANd only main has to use motor sometimes.

And yes, I tried Google - many different setups outthere - not only fixed but also motor. Its not that black and white.

Do you think I started out drawing my setup before google it?? hehe man...But thanks. I guess.

• Official Post

Well, the motor is only used in rare cases. So my setup would be "fixed" to 0,8 west. ANd only main has to use motor sometimes.

And yes, I tried Google - many different setups outthere - not only fixed but also motor. Its not that black and white.

Do you think I started out drawing my setup before google it?? hehe man...But thanks. I guess.

Im confused

What hardware do you currently have ? Apart from your vu Duo4k and the Ultimo ??

What do you want to achieve ?

• @ Padden Q

Unicable LNB & usals is possible :

as LNB I recommended to You use LNB for 24 or 32 unicable channels, eg Durline or Inverto

cable - > only one from motor

cable from motor to splitter

cable from splitter to box 1:

1. box vu Duo 4k < main>:

< 8 demodulators >

connect only one cable to tuner A, set tuner A for usals (your position) , unicable LNB, channel 1 | tuner B unicable LNB, channel 2, set to linked to tuner A | tuner C unicable LNB, channel 3, set to linked to tuner A ...etc.

but unicable channel 1 set up for tuner A for every satellite positions, what you want to receive, and unicable channel 2 set up for tuner B for every satellite positions, what you want to receive, and unicable channel 3 set up for tuner C for every satellite positions, what you want to receive ...etc.

cable from splitter to box 2:

2. box vu Ultimo 4k <2nd>

< 8 demodulators >

connect only one cable to tuner A, unicable LNB, channel 9 | tuner B unicable LNB, channel 10, set to linked to tuner A | tuner C unicable LNB, channel 11, set to linked to tuner A ...etc.

but unicable channel 9 set up for tuner A for every satellite positions, what you want to receive, and unicable channel 10 set up for tuner B for every satellite positions, what you want to receive, and unicable channel 11 set up for tuner C for every satellite positions, what you want to receive ...etc.

so now You are occupied 16 unicable frequencies from unicable LNB (8 or 16 are still free for use), and just tuner A from box 1 (vu Duo 4k) control the motorized dish.

but if only tuner A from main box is active, only than is possible to move dish. (my experience)

• With only 2 boxes in the house - frankly, I don't see the advantage...

My T90 is cool with quad LNBs (one could run octo even) and no problem...

And if one is limited by only one STB moving the dish - voila, case closed, really no advantage....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Thanks Zilizila. I will look into that, though Im not sure what you mean by "channel" :-) Is that frequencies?

My current setup is:

Main/Duo2 4k = Two cables out (Tuner A and B)

• 1st cable: Tuner A to motor, and from motor into LNB1 on selfsat flatsat Quadro.
    • 2nd cable - directly into LNB2 on selfsat.

2nd/Ultimo4k = 1 cable out (Tuner A)

• 1st and only cable - directly into Selfsat LNB3. Is a slave to what position Main is on, which is totally fine.

I want to get use of the frequencies to quicker change channels and record more channels at once (from the same sattellite overall, and mostly 0,8.

Thanks.

• If You now use the Quad LNB, its for only 4 tuners - for every tuner one cable.

fbc function is automatic for other demodulators.

but this classic setup for LNB is not too reliable.

for fbc tuners is a right setup with unicable LNB, because every demodulator communicate with LNB on other frequency - channel.

aa7a64fc4f3a37.png

63f1c.png

So if You want to use unicable technology, You will need change the LNB.

• Thanks.

Yes I know I will change the Selfsat flatdish, wth their new model with unicable 2. Selfsat h50dcss

It has the output like the illustration. 1 FBC/CSS and two normal outputs.

My thoughts on the illutration was to have 1 cable "controlling" the motor, and css just being used on the recievers to record more channels and faster shift channels

• With only 2 boxes in the house - frankly, I don't see the advantage...

The advantage are enormously huge!

Forgetting for one second the motor and imagining to have a fixed dish, these are the advantages:

1) By only one cable, having both boxes FBC tuners, you can set up to 7 tuners (A is the physical one, C to H the virtual ones) of VU+ as you had 7 cables.

2) This means many, many possibilities in terms of watching/recording/streaming/PiPing different channels with the same box.

So, the firs box will use the Unicable/SCR User Band from 1 to 7 whilst the second the UBs from 8 to 14.

What I don't know if this simple splitter can do the job. I have a SCR splitter (1 IN, 2 OUTs).

• I don't doubt there are geeks who want to have 3 channels at the same time (beats me how this is usable, mind), record 5 more and send somebody else something completely different...

How many of us are like that, though?

I can watch and record different channels on one STB and do the same on another, so with Quad LNB - I find it enough.

• Again.... Because YOU need 4 cables and 4 tuners, I just need one cable and one physical tuner!

And, believe me: there are many occasions where you want to record from many different transponders at the same time. Tonight I have 3 overlapped timers, for instance.

• No, you have to send another cable from the first STB to the other.

And one can do enough recordings at the same time, with 2 Twin STBs, given there are thousands of channels and many, many repetitions all the time...

So, really, who REALLY needs this? How many people and/or companies? And I know guys who are employed with betting companies and so on.... No one really needs this, given all the possibilities, including IPTV and so on...

• I do need. So, please stop comparing two systems that are clearly incomparable. A Quattro (that means 4) won't never be able to become a 3.

This is a technical FACT, not your opinion. If you don't need it, this is your situation, not the objective technical superiority of a Unicable. And, frankly, this thread don't need this misleading opinion.

Just to do the last example, and everyone can judge your messages, I'm going to live with my parents and we'll be distributed on 3 floors and 4 decoders: how could you feed 4 boxes TO BE FREE TO DO as many activities as you need with your very limited Quatto?

My 32 UNs SCR will be able to feed up to 7 FBC tuners each, and this means 21 UBs.

And I DO NEED THIS SCR as many other people do.

And you need ONE cable, from the LNB to your flat. Only inside the flat you'll need to split it.

This is my last reply to you because everyone can read how absurd is your claiming of comparing these two types of LNBs.

END of the story.

• No, clearly, they are incomparable.

I have 12 LNBs and 14 satellite positions feeding four tuners independently...:laugh1: (And yes, 4 is more than 3! :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:)

Indeed, my tuners are all completely independent of each other, (my LNBs are QUAD, NOT Quattro!), so I can watch from across the skies on various boxes and record from a completely different satellite position than the ones I am watching...

Clearly, you do not understand the expediency of this technology for blocks of flats where only 1 satellite will be offered to all flats with minimal investment, drilling etc.- and its limitations (and there are limits in terms of how far the signal will travel as well and so on)... So, I am done here... :cool1:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!