Faulty LNB ?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 437 times. The last Post () by the goat.

• Hi Folks

got an old sky mini dish with old wistron quad LNB, had this problem for a while but thought "nice day take a look"

done a scan with 2 different boxes gets to around 60% scanned on to 12441 V with 672 channels found, then scans to full 100% no more channels found (just the 672 channels I had when it reached 60%)

been up the ladder the LNB is skewed to 3 on the settings (so that's in right place) signal on the channels I've got is ok, so could it be the high gain side of the LNB that's not working ?

will any of these "sky LNB's" on ebay fit ? or is it a special size with the wistron LNB?

few years ago would have been able to think this out myself, but got to an age were my brain just can't work sort out now, (used to say it was caused by Beef & aliminuian saucepans)

• Official Post

Found this info on one of the listings.

4 x Universal Outputs for Sky HD or extra receivers. Comes with adapter to fit most satellite dishes.

Mark 4 LNB If fitting to an `old` style dish you MUST use a Legacy Adapter YOU CAN BUY FROM US.
    Quad LNB 40mm with adapter to fit Mk4 BSKYB dish
    Adapter comes with built in spirit level.
    Input: 10.70 ~ 12.75 GHz
    Sliding cover to protect 'f' terminals
    Suitable for Sky HD and Freesat HD transmissions

This adaptor is now required if you purchase a new LNB for your original Sky dish.

The new LNB's on the market now have the MK4 or ERA adaptor fitted. This adaptor is instantly recognisable as it has a spirit level fitted to it. Annoyingly Sky have altered the neck diameter of the newer LNB's. The diameter is now 37mm whereas previously it was 40mm.

Please also see our 40mm LNB adaptor which will allow the use of standard 40mm neck LNB's on the original Sky dish.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!