EPG for channels which do not have it from channels which do have it?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,378 times. The last Post () by supwiddiss.

• Hi!

Long time ago I remember talking about EPG for the some DVB-S channels which do not have EPG taken from channels which do have it. The same channels or SD and HD channels, say SD has EPG but HD variant does not. Probably different TPs, as well...

Not taken from the net (EPG Import or Rytec) but from the satellite. Not taken from IPTV channels, either...

Can anyone jog my old and failing memory, please?:laugh1:

Thanx! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• me and jenseneverest did a alias set up for cable, it takes the epg from say history HD and can give epg to History etc we use it for cable, you can also use the service ref instead of a name and assign to a name, problem is if you have loads of history etc over many sats they all can have the same epg

• Thanx, gents!!! Will report back after I consult SayyiD, to see if... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

To overcome the problem of crossepg alias populating all instances a channel named "XXXXXXXX" on multiple sats, i run the alias part first, then populate epg from all of the from the other usual sources.

the order of data download /conversion is important, as the data can be overwritten only where appropriate. In the end you get a complete / correct epg.

There is also a plugin about HERE that will let you convert epg.dat into usable data

I have used this in the past to grab data from one source to use on another, this is much more accurate as ser ref based throughout, but will require you to maintain a channels.xml file with serv ref updates as required.

What sat and channels in particular gorski ??

• OK, I may need some more details on that, please... :)

And likewise, I need to give you guys more details, obviously, to see where the problem lies. Selectivity and control, in a nutshell! Here is what I mean...

Last time I used EPG plugins - a few years back - everybody (me included) was bitching that the net EPG is highly inaccurate from many sources. And not just EX-YU but also Spanish etc. - the packages we can still get via CS - and that it actually messes up scheduled recordings etc. That's why I gave it up a while back, after a discussion with some prominent developers, who demonstrated to us that the one you will see is the last one to be downloaded (which was true, tested!), so one had weird situations...

Example: one uses either CrossEPG or Import EPG but one accidentally (or rather not knowingly) uses EX-YU source together with Slovenia source, thinking they do not overlap, which turns out not to be the case - RT Slovenija also had HRT (Croat TV) etc. just as EX-YU source does, obviously. So, lots of times I would get Croat EPG in Slovenian language and so on. Now, the higher complication on top of that is in the fact that a number of channels also have EPG from the satellite (some for 7 days even) and usually that one is more accurate then the one we download from the internet (Croat HRT, for instance, which I would not want overwritten by EPG from the net).

So, now, coming back to it, after a few years, I was wondering if some of those have been improved in the meantime?

To be a bit more precise: I was looking at 1.9E, Serbian TV package, like RTS1 HD and RTS 2 HD do not have EPG but their SD equivalents do, so logically, I was thinking this should be doable... Provided I could use only satellite EPG, not the one from the net. Can that be done somehow? Anyone knows? I can see in E-Channelizer that for IPTV EPG one goes by some kind of EPG channel/service ID:

e2e8d054.jpg

But for the satellite EPG - does it exist? I can't see that option in E-Channelizer...

5b2e8855a5f1f.jpg

So, could that be added to E-Channelizer? Or even Enigma2, perhaps: a possibility to connect the channels without EPG with otherwise identical channels that have EPG, via some ID or another, like above? Be it from the net or another satellite channel... That's as far as E-Channelizer is concerned.

And if we can not do that using E-Chan, then if one really must download EPG from the net: could one exclude net sources for some channels/packages/providers with more precise EPG from the satellite, for instance (so we do not download them at all) and only use the parts of a net EPG source one really needs, so we avoid the struggle to prevail between satellite and (various) net EPG sources?

Because, for instance, only some channels in EX-YU package need EPG from the internet or to borrow it from channels that have the EPG, given they do not have EPG from the satellite at all, while others have a superb, even 7-day long EPG from the satellite, way more accurate than the one from the net.

What are our options these days? Can a user choose with any precision, accuracy, a higher level of control what gets into one's box, according to one's needs?

SayyiD can you do anything here, at your end, please?

Thanx! :)

• Official Post

Okay i dont use E-Channelizer, but from what i have read about it, it should be doable, as you say it is used for IPTV all the time.

Also if your EPG source is available on sat and you know that it is the most accurate then alias via crossepg is the way to go IMO, especially if it is only on a handful of channels, we use it for about 400 channels currently.

See here for details

https://github.com/jensenevere…as/blob/master/alias.conf

The thread below has been edited heavily as it is specific to our needs but worth a read to see how it works

cross epg with alias list for VM cable

• Oh, boy, you really are naughty!!! You have a partner in crime, a certain Pepa who's... doing wha'?!?!?!?!?!?:laugh1:

• Knowing you, that sounds encouraging... ;)

• Hi guys. Here's an interesting one. I was playing with Media Portal to stream a HDHomerun box to my devices.
    I found an add-on called Media Buddy. It lets you make an EPG using different data sources. One is the ability to take data from schedules on TV Guide and map them to your channels on the HDHomerun in Media Portal. Got me so far?
    It makes a schedule to import into Media Portal in XML and .dat format. And It worked slick. I haven't used it for some time now because I usually just watch sat.
    I've asked if there was a way to get the data format E2 uses and somehow import MP guide data into it.
    Living 'over here' leaves many channels in the EPG blank. Never really figured out how to manually format the data to make it work.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!