Vu+ Duo - works for one day, then just red light on front.

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,057 times. The last Post () by frankiecam4.

• Lo there.
    Relative newbie here. Vu+ Duo clone arrived Monday and worked fine.
    Configured it all for USALS motor and locked onto satellite.
    All seemed to be going well. Left it overnight to pull 7 day ePG. Next day time was displayed on unit, but locked.
    Power-cycled and all I get is red light on top left of display. No power to anything else including case fan and front and back USB sockets (so can't flash)
    Checking on PC, the FAT32 USB pendrive in back had the EPG files on it from 2am. So this issue happened after then I assume
    Checked and re-seated all power connections inside box.
    No obvious bulging to any capacitor on PSU or motherboard, but as this is new box, would not expect that.

Power is coming into box as case is warm to touch and has red light on front., but as I say fan is not running - nor anything else much.

Someone on other forum mentioned there might be a way of getting a feed via the included RS232 lead/adapter to pull log files? If so, how?
    Also any other advice (that isn't "shouldn't have bought a clone" or similar ;) ) would be appreciated.

Cheers

• would returning back to seller under warranty be an option?

• Sorry, didn't mention, No, not really an option.

Unit came from Hong Kong distributors. It was obviously cheaper, but the risk is there that its bust, which it now is.
    Return shipping costs to HK are prohibitive.

I have asked for a new PSU and Fan to be shipped (in case they are the issue) but distributor is not currently replying.

• Connection via the serial port did not work. Will not update anything.

Well it wasn't via Ali****, but it was probably via the same source i.e Mix**shop in Hong Kong, and paid for via Paypal.
    The issue here is that if they say I have to return the item from UK to HongKong then I will pay a veritable fortune to get my cash back.

• Have you tried dissconecting from the mains then restarting,, try a differant image,
    had this before .. to flash image you must use the front usb slot.

The USBs don't show any power (front or back). The only sign off life is the red light on front. Even the fan is not spinning

• Ok, here's the wierd thing.

The serial connection would allow me to upload the Secret DUO-120229.bin file via serial port if I pressed go immediately after turning the machine on - like less than a second.
    The same applied when I ran the updateallflash.exe. It "seemed" to complete OK.
    I was therefore expecting the USB's to be powered when I next booted. - Nope.

What am I missing here, and how do I do that putty stuff?

Bit lost now.

Is this still looking H/W related?

• Well it was direct from distributor in Hong Kong. My own fault for going on the cheap (albeit on a recommendation from a forum member)

Just tried re-flashing - massive spark, burning smell etc. So PSU is now toast.

Bought using Paypal, so if don't get indication that they will supply PSU in next few working days ( I asked for this on Wednesday), will start dispute to get money back through Paypal
    TBH, the concern here is that they demand I send the unit back to them. It'd be cheaper to get a new PSU. That is of course assuming the PSU discharging has not damaged something else.

• No t'wasn't you mate - from another forum.

Got bored waiting for response from HK distributor/factory, so raised Paypal dispute.
    Bearing in mind I had not had a reply to my 3 emails, a few hours after initiating dispute got a response from said distributor

hello
    what is the problem for the box ?
    why make dispute on paypal ?

Funny that

• Had exactly the same issue, although I didnt get any life out of mine from the go - suspect its the psu but Im not happy they sent me a fualty box Im currently trying to resolve this issue.

• Couldnt PM you as I dont have enough posts - did you ever get this sorted as I noticed it was some time ago now. Shame that the company you bought it from are still trading dodgey boxes as Im in the same boat :(

• sorry but way go to clone reciever when for 50 or 70 pound more you can have genuine reciever with waranty in the uk from as sponsor shop ..........the cheap coast more expensive for the genuin ...

Got bored waiting for response from HK distributor/factory, so raised Paypal dispute.
    Bearing in mind I had not had a reply to my 3 emails, a few hours after initiating dispute got a response from said distributor

hello
    what is the problem for the box ?
    why make dispute on paypal ?

Funny that

No matter what the supplier says, claim back your money through PayPal, Just keep insisting Faulty goods..
    Trust me, the supplier will wipe their hands with you once the time limit for returns is up.
    I had similar Issue emailed back & forth for weeks and was naive enough to return the goods (Smargo)
    The time limit for a dispute ran out and they did not return money or replacement..

Let this be a lesson, there is a good reason things are cheaper from Hong Kong/China, they are CRAP!
    I have a never ending list of faulty and in some cases dangerous products being purchased on the cheap.
    So act now, Paypal will always put the customers first (I'm surprised they let you pay with paypal)

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!