how to set up Dreambox DVB-S2X-MSFBC MultiStream FBC twin tuner

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,982 times. The last Post () by teto.7.

• I have just got the new dtrambox 920 uhd with DM DVB-S2X-MSFBC MultiStream FBC twin tuner and want to configure it with sample 4 satellite please need help

Thanks

• Like this must be good:

if you have a disecq with 4 satellites

Tuner A:

DVB-C: nothing (not connected, or red)

DVB-T: nothing (not connected, or red)

DVB-S: connected, simple, Disecq A/B/C/D

and you choise what satellit is connected on A, on B, on C and on D. If you don't know you can choise automatic but sometime it don't find very good

Tuner B:

DVB-S: nothing (not connected, or red)

or

Tuner A:

DVB-S: connected, simple, Disecq A/B

and you choise what satellite is connected on A, on B

Tuner B:

DVB-S: connected, simple, Disecq A/B/C/D

nothing connected on A and B and you choise what satellite is connected on C and D, not the same as Tuner B

With this solution you have more possibilly to record

If you have two disecq with two satellites:

Tuner A:

DVB-S: connected, simple, Disecq A/B, you choise the two satellites you have on A an B

Tuner B:

DVB-S: connected, simple, Disecq A/B

and you choise what satellite is connected on A and B, not the same as Tuner A

DM920 4k UHD, OpenPli 8.3; Vu+ zero, OpenBlackhole 5.1.012; Vu+ zero 4K, OpenBlackhole 4.3.032

• Ok you have 2 tuners like this:

MultiStream FBC Twin Tuner, Plug & Play DREAM MULTIMEDIA DVB-S2X-MS FBC

Then you have 4 entries A1/A2/A3/A4.

If your installation is a disecq for 4 satelites vou have a good configuration, your dreambox doesn't work? If you never use Tuner A2 you cant setting as "not configured" but like this it's ok.

I don't know how are linked your 4 satellites, two antennes with double heads and disecq for two satellites, or 4 antennes? You can link too Tuner A1 direct to one satellite, tuner A2 direct to another satellite, and tuner A3 and tuner A4 direct to you last 2 satellites wihout disecq, its good to record a lot of things in the same time, but you need 4 cables.

DM920 4k UHD, OpenPli 8.3; Vu+ zero, OpenBlackhole 5.1.012; Vu+ zero 4K, OpenBlackhole 4.3.032

• Thank you for your help

But I have dreambox Dm900 with DREAMBOX DVB-S2X MULTISTREAM DUAL TUNER it is work fine there is only 2 tuners A1 and A2 and I just but simple with A/B/C/D and A2 not configure its work perfect but with this tuner it is not working even I have change the image same problem

And also I put the new tuner on Dm 900 not working

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Support
  • Thank you for your help

But I have dreambox Dm900 with DREAMBOX DVB-S2X MULTISTREAM DUAL TUNER it is work fine there is only 2 tuners A1 and A2 and I just but simple with A/B/C/D and A2 not configure its work perfect but with this tuner it is not working even I have change the image same problem

And also I put the new tuner on Dm 900 not working

Then now you have two tuners like i showed the picture in your box, the old and the new one? Then 4 entries? On your picture you seem to have 4 entries now? Can you answer the abu baniaz's questions?

• MultiStream FBC Twin Tuner, Plug & Play DREAM MULTIMEDIA DVB-S2X-MS FBC

I have only this tuner but when I take this one and put the old one is working I'm just asking how to set up my dream one this tuner this one is not getting any think

Thank you

• Official Post

When you set your tuners, you are telling it what is connected/attached to the tuners.

You have not said what reception equipment you are using. How can we tell you, we don't know what you have.

Do you have 4 LNBs pointing to 4 different satellites. Which satellites? Are these connected to a diseqc switch? Which satellite in which port? How many diseqc switches do you have? How many wires from diseqc switches to tuners?

• yes I have 4 satellite connected to diseqc switch and this connected to one central diseqc switch 4 by 20 for whole house and today I will send you all the pic

• Ok you have only one wire on your dreambox, this wire go in the wall, and after there is a central for the house.

The set up with the new tuner must be the same as the old:

Tuner A1:

connected, simple, Disecq A/B/C/D

and you choise what satellit is connected on A, on B, on C and on D. If you don't know you can choise automatic but sometime it doesn't find very good

Tuner A2:

not connected

• Official Post

"Equal to" means "Exactly the same as".

On his screenshot, he has told the receiver that he has a diseqc setup on tuner A1. And he has told it that he has another exact setup connected to tuner A2.

If there isn't a separate signal wire to tuner A2, then that is wrong.

FBC tuners/modules have internal loop-through. If he has only one signal wire, the other 7 modulators/tuners should be set as loop-through to the tuner with the signal wire. A1 in his case.

• I have problem of similar nature in dm 920 .openatv or open pli A2 tuner does not work but it works fine in oriognal and some othe image like gemini ,satlodge .please guide me about open atv openpli openblackhole

thanks

• I am in the same position as this in that at the moment I have only one wire to the FBC tuner but I cannot see any setting in the configuration to set to "loop-through" can anyone point me at something that explains how to do this?

Hardware DM920 UHD

the software level (from about on the gui) is 4.3.2r12-2020-05-12
    ssh and "uname -a" gives Linux dm920 3.14-1.17-dm920

Thanks for any help.

• Dears

I have same problem , i have dream box 920 with Dream box DVB-S2X-MSFBC Multi Stream FBC twin tuner , i have two wires ,one wire with a 4 DiSEqC switch connected to Tuner 1 , second wire with single satellite connected to Tuner 2 , on configuration i have configured Tuner A1 to simple DiSEqC A/B/C/D , Tuner A2 configured as simple ,single , I GOT FULL SIGNAL FROM TUNER A1 WHICH IS CONNECTED TO simple Disecq A/B/C/D physical Tuner1 , BUT I HAVE NOT GOT ANY SIGNAL FROM TUNER A2 WHICH IS CONNECTED TO simple ,single ,physical Tuner2

i have tested this connection and configuration on many images like Open ATV 7.3 , Open Pli , Open black hole , and Egami all the same results zero no signal from tuner A2 full signal from tuner A1 , after which i tested the same connection and configuration on Official Dream Box OS and Gemini images , i have got full satellite signals from both tuners A1 and A2 which are connected to the Tuner A1 simple Disecq A/B/C/D AND Tuner A2 simple,single , why this happens any ideas any solutions Kindly Help and reply , best regards God bless all , thank you to all .

• The same problem.

Two wires on two different satellite LNB connected.

Trying connection and configuration many others images with 8 tuners, but only 1 working.

Dream box 900 with Dream box DVB-S2X-MSFBC Multi Stream FBC twin tuner

Have working Tuner A1 and Tuner A2 on Merlin_OE-2.5-dm900-experimental-20231021 only. But there only 2 tuners (not 8), but working well ;)

• To make DVB-S2X-MSFBC Multi Stream FBC work you have to use an image in which the original dreambox image ( for example the old dream-elite , Merlin ; just to say a couple of them but there are still several that are updated regularly ) is used as a base. While others who use OE ( Open Alliance ) ( open atv , Open PLI .Tano for another 2 ) are not perfectly compatible and therefore the second turner does not work . I have the same problem too with my Dm-920 ( fortunately I solved by mounting another tuner in the other slot )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!