Alien1/2 or STi 7111/7162 PurE2 flashing and setup procedure...

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,302 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• I got my Alien2/STi 7162 STB back, after a few years, heh... Here are the results...

http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.5/fulan/

Patience is the word one can not overstate with these old beauties... They have their own... rhythm... ;)

PurE2 flashing procedure:

1) Get the image for Alien2 and unpack it onto a USB stick formatted in FAT32.

2) Switch OFF Alien2 at the back switch.

3) Then, USB stick is pushed at the back port of Alien2.

4) We PRESS AND HOLD the OK button on the A2 front panel, when we switch ON the receiver at the back switch.

5) When you see FORC on LED let go of the OK button and press the > (right) button next to OK button.

The installation starts and last some 5 minutes...

Booting might last a bit, too, kinda stuck on 34 or 39 (starting home network?), then 49 (it's starting PurE2 at that point)... PATIENCE!

Go make yourself a drink or summat... :tongue1:

A few tips....

When I finally figured out that it is not going past the 49% I thought that the HDMI cable was not agreeable with my Alien2, so I changed it and then I could see the screen and start playing...

One starts configuring PurE2 at that point... language, HDMI, network etc. Past the wizard and then the real fun starts after a reboot... (See below for more detailed help!)

I have not killed off the Spark OS/partition. But I only use Enigma2 with PurE2 v. 6.5.

=====================================================================

More relevant tutorials for the same/similar boxes....

Spark plugin > Enigma2 installation:

INSTALLING ENIGMA2 USING SPARK PLUGIN IN AMIKO ALIEN/ALIEN 2

Install multiple Enigma2 images on a USB stick:

How To Use Image Manager Plugin on All Spark Receivers

In addition, pay attention to these threads, as to how to set up PurE2 in these old beauties...

PurE2 in many images, initial setup:

PurE2 General Setup

How to deal with our funky Full HD skin, Estuary:

How to make our Estuary full HD skin do as you please...

How to mount various devices and which files go where:

Mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and which files to send where!

Expand Alien's limited flash and RAM:

How to expand ROM and RAM in PurE2

Special PurE2 FNC plugins:

Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!!

=====================================================================

Sooo, in these old boxes....

-Sat TV is fine!

-IPTV via Ciefp's channel list works fine when Exteplayer3 is chosen in ServiceApp.

-Most FNC (and similar plugins) are working fine...

-Playback from NAS on home network is great!

-Image quality is fabulous!

Oldie but goldie... :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Delfi, one more time:

SH4 updated with some changes. We hope it works reasonably well and feedback would be appreciated :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• OK, here is a little demo of the old lady's capabilities... As I said, slow but steady and great quality - she knows da business!!!:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Sat TV and streaming (IPTV channels in Ciefp's list), as you can see here...

Alien2 PurE2 sat TV and IPTV sample

• Now, some much newer and stronger machines can't do this... Notice the instant FF with no. 6, flawless performance!!!

Demo of Alien2 with PurE2 playback from NAS: DVD sample

• And then, a little demonstration of playback from NAS (on home network, shared folders)...

Demo Alien2 with PurE2 playback from NAS demo...

• And finally, I was gonna demonstrate how cool some FNC plugins are with streaming but YT blocked it, so here is YouTube by Taapat plugin instead...

Alien2 with PurE2 streaming, YouTube plugin by Taapat demo

My colleague, Livio Berak playing live a song he probably watch me do, when he was a boy... And look at him now!

• Btw, the videos above are done with the

-old Alien2 with a bit of an "old wound" (capacitors are cranky, so hiccups occur occasionally...)

-rather large channels list by Ciefp (some 14 or so satellites and IPTV channels, streaming films, radio and so on)

-USB 3.0 stick as an HDD

-latest PurE2 v. 6.5

-no Flash Expander

-SWAP Manager 2 (with 256MB SWAP file)

-no picons

-no EPG Import, only whatever I get from the satellite

-some FNC plugins (not all but even those few I installed they got me the following....)

-Media Player 2 (the usual version I deleted!), FFmpeg, SubSupport, ServiceApp...

And it all works, as shown above, if a little slowly...

See some screenshots... ;)

4131beeb5ed4a28230d6bc.png

31947bd1854b70ceae871.png

93b404e2b840b1f267caf6.jpg

82c68e2d97.png

1ea0faff888fb.png

ad449fb084b594e.jpg

OK, that's enough for now, for all our Alien and co. of (ab)users of old ladies, hehe...:cool1:

• Just in case one wants as much as possible from an old lady... ;)

How To Use Image Manager Plugin on All Spark Receivers

How to Install Enigma2 Images on External flash with PurE2 and Image Manager Plugin on All Spark STI 7162 and Spark STI 7111 Devices.

Firstly, let me thank kindly @ahmed gazye for pointing out to this tool and his tutorial, which, of course, were my starting point! These tools are essential in a struggle to revive the old beauties, like Alien1/2 and so on...

However, while reading it I realised that I was struggling with it, for various reasons. Hence, I decided to make a simple and detailed tutorial, which will leave no stone unturned and be simple to understand and translate using online tools. The strategy deployed, as always, when I deal with these issues, is KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)!:*:mosking:

IMPORTANT: "stupid" here is not meant offensively outwards - but it is rather turned inwards, to oneself, challenging oneself towards patience and simplicity of explanation, making everyone happier in the process, even if it makes me work too hard and therefore miserable at times... :laugh1:

Sooooo, let's keep it simple and to the point...;)

PREPARATION

One needs a USB stick, say 32GB, plugged into one's PC.

I partition it in 4 parts under Winblows OS, using freeware MiniTool Partition Wizard:

I shall be formatting all 4 partitions in Linux system EXT4. Three of them 2GB each and forth partition gets the rest. That's enough for me... (If you want more than 3 images installed in USB stick, follow Ahmed's tutorial!)

Right click on the USB stick and

-delete all the partitions which might already be on it

-create 4 partitions for 3 images + one which will serve as a HDD, as explained above

-set them all as "active"

-apply all the changes (left upper corner) and wait patiently...

138127-90f0b44da23-jpg

138128-a283a-jpg

When done, properly dismount the USB stick from your PC and plug it into the SH4 STB's back USB port.

Inside your STB

The rest I shall demonstrate on PurE2 image: MENU > pManager > Device Manager > Mount Manager > mount them as follows:

138129-0b993655e7b03e-jpg

When done, after every significant change - and this is one of those! - you MUST REBOOT (do not start from FSTAB, just restart your machine!)!

Now, while you wait, download the ipk file here attached (Image Manager for SH4 STBs v. 2.5.5) and send it to the /tmp folder of your Enigma2. Use FileZilla Client freeware (FZC from now on) to do this: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php (this is 64b version).

Connect your PC with your STB using FZC

To connect to your STB you must write in the upper part of FZC the following:

-your STB's address (something like 192.168.x.x - in PurE2 you will find it in MENU > pManager > Network > General Network Information > Local IP address is: ...)

-username (root)

-password (pure2 which is default for PurE2, openspa for OpenSPA etc.)

-port (21)

-press on Quick Connect

138136-d863156256852e081eeb4-jpg

-send the ipk from your PC (left side of the screen) to the (right side of the screen) /tmp folder by "drag & drop" function...

138135-44df6dc54a6d51a-jpg

Install the Image Manager

In PurE2 we do this by pressing MENU > pManager > Software Manager > Install local extensions > Memory /tmp > choose it/highlight it > press the green button to install it etc.

Now, download and decompress images you want to install into your STB onto your PC. I will demonstrate with PurE2, OpenATV and OpenSPA, on this occasion, having installed OpenATV v. 6.3 in the NAND-Flash.

Rename enigma2 folder

As you will see from the screenshot (bottom right side), I opened a compressed file with WinRAR to show you what is inside. It contains a folder named enigma2. All of such images have that, it's how it must be for installation from a USB stick. However, in this case we can and we need to change it. So, after I decompressed an image onto my PC, I have renamed the "enigma2" folder so it bears the name of the Team which produced it (upper right side)...

138137-717297b863699a53ff63f85a7-jpg

Send them on their merry way...

We can now move all 3 images into your STB. More precisely, we shall move all 3 of them into the largest /hdd partition no. 4 of your USB stick, using FZC. The main reason for this is - you can not install an image onto the same partition where you placed that image. It must be to a different partition than the one where you parked it...

138138-aad39343f3115f32041e688-jpg

Now, we are ready for installation of multiple images, using the Image Manager, which will - amongst other things - serve as a MultiBoot tool, as well.

Using Image Manager

Please, note that we shall install that tool in all of the images, because this way we shall be able to reboot to any of them, without using any other tool, keeping it all simple, neat and sexy...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

MENU > Plugins > start Image Manager...

138139-68192b-jpg

Installing an image onto USB stick partition using Image Manager

Once it starts, one moves the cursor to the right, using the > button on your Remote Control Unit (RCU) to get to "Installing" mode. Then, we go lower by pressing the v button on your RCU, in order to choose a partition to which we want to install the image of our choice... Of course, once you are done choosing, press OK on your RCU to execute, as the plugin itself suggests (see below)...

138140-7ea0668b1085bc8-jpg

Now we need to find the image we want to install to the chosen partition by going to the /hdd partition (partition 4 in this case).

138141-c92f34aee-jpg

Then, we choose the image we want to install from the 4th (/hdd) partition, by entering the folder we placed there...

138142-af4f0f443ed25977501-jpg

Then, choose the image file itself to start the installation...

138143-8b4bbcba93f3158e0aabb229-jpg

Confirm by pressing OK...

138144-c6f98431c2d964fc07a0b-jpg

Installation starts...

When finished it will look like this (proof for all 3 images installed):

138145-7713082eca64dcbfabd8b473-jpg

138146-af05d006d7a5685e9d76ea4b-jpg

138147-2906bd88653949492569d0c-jpg

Using Image Manager to reboot into an image of your choice

Having installed Image Manager plugin/tool in all of those images, as I said, one can use Image Manager to boot between images installed, either on your machine (NAND-Flash) or on your USB stick (as you named those folders, which will also appear as /dev/sda1, sda2, sda3, in my case).

138148-dd0f40b5df4cc4adea0037-jpg

Press OK to reboot to the image of your choice...

Done! :thank_you2:

Download it here: https://www.linuxsat-support.c…agemanager-2-5-5-sh4-ipk/

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!