ZEGMMA H9S STOP ON WHITE LIGHT

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,208 times. The last Post () by ay_248.

• MY ZEGMMA H9S BOX STUCK ON BOOT WITH WHITE LIGHT AND WHEN I POWER IT ON, IT ONLY SHOWING WHITE LIGHT NO RED LIGHT. WHEN I TRY TO RE-FLASH IT, IT DID NOT PICK THE FIRMWARE FROM USB.:shocking:

ANYONE SUGGEST ME SOME KIND OF SOLUTION?

• Different, reputable USB stick (smaller is better), different images.

Other than that, my thread "It won't boot, it won't be flashed" in this section....

EDIT

Here: H9S can't boot, can't be flashed...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• No. Your H9S has a different HW and SW, so not possible!

Try different images/teams, different versions of images...

If not - HiTool and all that...

But if yours developed a fault with DDR RAM, like mine - you can forget about it or send it for repair (warranty?)...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Once had this kind issue in my machine .

I removed sd card and flashed the box with openpli 6.2 image

I used the original Kingston 4gb usb (formatted 32) . later on I found out sd card was faulty. if u have already tried it . then forget my post .

Dreambox TWO UHD .

Dreambox 900-S2X,

Dreambox 520,

Vu+Duo2

• Once had this kind issue in my machine .

I removed sd card and flashed the box with openpli 6.2 image

I used the original Kingston 4gb usb (formatted 32) . later on I found out sd card was faulty. if u have already tried it . then forget my post .

Thanks dear, I will flash my box as you advised.

• mSD card is going to be formatted by the box in Linux format, before the move happens...

• Hi. I have a similar problem. Zgemma wants to read fastboot.bin only from USB drive. If I put on it fresh installable OpenATV image, then Zgemma flash it, reboot and again - read fastboot.bin from USB and flash tuner. It enter into loopback. I moved files from h9 dir to root dir of USB and then - Zgemma is booting. I put out pendrive - zgemma stops at :

Bootrom start

Boot Media: NAND

Enter usb bootstrap by flash

USB(1): no found "fastboot.bin".

Boot head format invalid.
    Do you have any idea, how to force Zgemma H9S to load fastboot.bin from nand, not USB(1)?

Flashing fastboot manually from USB pendrive:

fatload usb 0:1 0x1000000 fastboot.bin 0x60000
    nand erase 0x0 0x60000

nand write 0x1000000 0x0 0x60000

doesn't help either (fastboot.bin from newest OpenATV image)

• Flashing fastboot manually from USB pendrive:

nand erase 0x0 0x60000

Kind share details, how can i flash boot from pendrive?. As I have tried different software versions with different pendrive but box did not read the firmware from pendrive.

• I already mentioned that box not detecting firmware files from USB 0.2 port, I want to know the process you have adopted to flashed the fastboot.

Did you sent any command through RS232 to the box for changing the boot order in NAND FLASH.

• Oh, i see. I put pendrive into usb and sent command via RS232 ( I'm able to see fastboot.bin file by running "fatls usb 0:1")

nand erase 0x0 0x60000

I think commands are a bit similar to those from u-boot bootloader . I think you have to think twice before execute any commands, because calling wrong syntax is a shortest route to brick your tuner.

Smartest thing in my opinion is to use "HiTool-STB-5.0.6" for flashing by rs232 cable. Just make sure you choose Hi3798MV200 CPU for Zgemma H9S.

Edited once, last by yeyo ().

• I have connected H9S with PL2303 Cable with PC,

When I start box the terminal in HiTool shows the followings:

Bootrom start

Boot Media: NAND

No more information and it is also not accepting any command from terminal window.

Is it Hardware or software issue.

Any other steps that I can follow to boot it up?

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!