Epg offset tutorial by @ravstar

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,142 times. The last Post () by k3k.

• hi Ravstar,

Happy new year!

Sorry for the late reply due to sickness.

I re-ran the script but still the same error.

However, I noticed that the epg.xml was not downloaded. So I checked the xmltv script and found that epg url is written in a wrong way (possibly a problem in reading the source file).

I fixed the url and ran the script again and here the epg.xml started to be downloaded. However, the download stops at about 35% and nothing happens after that.

The script shows no further activity and of course no adjusting of the epg offset.

My epg file should be 45 MB. Is it possible that the size is the reason?

• update

I checked what is going on in the hdd/epg/ folder and I can confirm that the download of epg.xml and conversion to .gz works fine.

I have no idea though why the % count stops at 35% !! I simply ignored it.

Anyway, I closed the script window and ran epgimport using "clear before import" option and bingo my epg is now corrected.

Many thanks for the great work 👍

P.S.

No idea why the cron job was not added (Image Black Hole). Anyway, I added it manually and will monitor how it is going every day.

• I haven't tested this script on Black hole image hence not sure why it didn't add cron and stuck at 35% on screen. Good to hear that it is working :thumbup:

• hello could some one please help im getting the ....Script has been installed though it won't work until you follow one more step manually.... message at the end of the script install and im un sure what to do now

no one can help if you do not post error message just do not add your iptv provider details

• ok i have epg with incorrect time... I've now got the script to run it creates the epg data in the folder on the hdd. I then follow steps to clear existing epg then import.. after importing i have no data on the epg its all blank. Ive tried now with openatv 6.4 open atv 7.2 and openvix all do the same thing .could someone help? Thanks

• Hi Ravstar,

Sorry for the trouble, but here is the result of the your script after running it on a zgemma h9s with openatv 7.1 with Jedi maker Xtream bouquet maker.

2022-07-07 12:41:44 (9.93 MB/s) - ‘/usr/script/uninstall1.sh’ saved [538/538]

Daily cron added to run script daily at 06:10am

xml HHMM is

./setup.sh: line 134: [: -eq: unary operator expected

ERROR: Script has been installed though it won't work until you follow one more step manually. Please make a note of following text

My xml HHMM is: and I want to adjust it by: -0200

Please follow the additional step mentioned in original post or reach out to 'ravstar'

can you help? do i have to downgrade the openatv or something else?

Thanking you in advance.

• Hi Sunash,

I am using the same image and having no issues with script. Can you try to uninstall it before running a fresh installation. uninstall using below command.

cd /usr/script && ./uninstall1.sh

• ok i have epg with incorrect time... I've now got the script to run it creates the epg data in the folder on the hdd. I then follow steps to clear existing epg then import.. after importing i have no data on the epg its all blank. Ive tried now with openatv 6.4 open atv 7.2 and openvix all do the same thing .could someone help? Thanks

Hi Keiran,

Can you make sure if the source is still selected in epgimporter before you are initiating the manual import?

• Hi Ravstar,

like you was busy in family matters over the weekend hence couldn't reply earlier. anyway, tried what you suggested, but the result is the same error. done it twice, as well re-booting the box after each step. my epgimport schedule is set at 07:20 am and the jedi bouquet update is scheduled at 06:20 am.just for your info. it used to work beautifully at one time but that was the only time it worked that was on Openatv 6.2

now it is 7.1 nightly download.

any more suggestions, please?

thank you.

• Hi Ravstar,

like you was busy in family matters over the weekend hence couldn't reply earlier. anyway, tried what you suggested, but the result is the same error. done it twice, as well re-booting the box after each step. my epgimport schedule is set at 07:20 am and the jedi bouquet update is scheduled at 06:20 am.just for your info. it used to work beautifully at one time but that was the only time it worked that was on Openatv 6.2

thank you.

Have you thought of just changing time for jedimaker and epg importer. I know from past I had few providers that epg was only updated at night.

• Hi Ravstar,

thank you.

Step 1 Uninstall the script

Step 2 run a bouquet update by going into jedimakerxtream and hit update bouquets.

Step 3 Try a fresh installation and this should fix the issue.

• Hello Ravstar,

i did what you said, but the same result. don't know why. but here is the thing, when I run the following script:

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

(obviously done by yourself), it runs ok and the epg is correct.

but when i run the script below:

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh, which is on the 1st page of this post, it gives me the error which I showed you above.

i don't know very much about building/writing scripts, but i do follow instructions and most of the time(thanks to guys like you, without whose help we would be nowhere), everything works ok.

maybe you can tell if the scripts are different or not. i might be wrong, but as i said, i can't tell the difference.

Thanks once again for everything.

For your information, the jedi maker is scheduled to run at 06.20 am and the epg importer was set to run at 07.20 am, but when i looked at the epg, it was as before so i had to run the script again and at the moment everything is fine, but i have disabled the epg schedule for the time being. i will know tomorrow if everything is ok. will update you tommorow as soon as i find out.

• Not sure if I can spot any difference between two links but glad it is working for you.

• Hello

I have the same problem as

Pegasus077 .

I installed this script

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

then comes

/setup.sh: line 134: [: -eq: unary operator expected

ERROR: Script has been installed though it won't work until you follow one more step manually. Please make a note of the following text

My xml HHMM is: and I want to adjust it by: -0100

Please follow the additional step mentioned in original post or reach out to 'ravstar'

I did that and created an xml,

wget -O /media/hdd/iptvepg.xml "http://XYZ.COM:80/xmltv.php?username=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD&next_days=7" && gzip -f /media/hdd/iptvepg.xml > /media/ hdd/iptvepg.xml.gz

can i attach it here or is it better to send a private message ?

wenn ich heute den wget Befehl ausführe kommt

./setup.sh: line 134: [: -eq: unary operator expected

ERROR: Script has been installed though it won't work until you follow one more step manually. Please make a note of following text

My xml HHMM is: and I want to adjust it by: wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

root@dm920:/tmp# -0100

-bash: -0100: command not found

root@dm920:/tmp#

What can I do?

thanks

Edited 2 times, last by Basty ().

• can someone help me, what can be done to make it work? I have a dreambox with DreamOS image

• Official Post

can someone help me, what can be done to make it work? I have a dreambox with DreamOS image

What box and what Image are you using ???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!