Epg offset tutorial by @ravstar

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,129 times. The last Post () by k3k.

• ravstar , when I came in tonight I had no IPTV EPG I did have satellite EPG what I did notice was there where two cron timers one for 6.00 am and other for 5.59 am.

So I think new script did not delete old cron timer I have deleted old cron timer and just manually ran new one after I ran jedimaker IPTV bouquets are now as now normal with correct timeshift for the one I select.

urie I have found that the xml.gz is empty and not downloading data. I will look into it today and get it fixed.

• ravstar , when I came in tonight I had no IPTV EPG I did have satellite EPG what I did notice was there where two cron timers one for 6.00 am and other for 5.59 am.

So I think new script did not delete old cron timer I have deleted old cron timer and just manually ran new one after I ran jedimaker IPTV bouquets are now as now normal with correct timeshift for the one I select.

urie I have found that the xml.gz is empty and not downloading data. I will look into it today and get it fixed.

urie so look like that my iptv provider is updating epg data at 6:00 hence when the script runs at 5:59, it is unable to download the data in full. You might be using the same provider as me.

Can you remove the cron that is setup for 05:59am by going into menu>timers>cron timers and after doing this run the below command in SSH client (Putty, or terminal)

crontab -l | { cat; echo "01 06 * * * cd /usr/script/ && ./xmltv.sh"; } | crontab -

It will fix the issue.

• Yes empty epg and had a look on Hard drive epg folder IPTV_REAL.xml.gz modified at 05:59 and iptvepg.xml.gz modified an 06:00 both only 59kb

I will alter cron timer as advised thanks.

edit: cron timer now set to 06:01

• NEW INSTRUCTIONS & UPDATED SCRIPT 14/01/2021 v1.2 now in post #1

What's new in v1.2

* No need to uninstall the previous version before updating to new version.

* Script will automatically remove the old cron without deleting other crons in the list.

* Daily update time changed to 06:10am as some providers update their epg.xml at 6:00am hence the script was unable to fetch the data at 6:00am.

• ravstar , sorry a bit lost now I did get error

Please update jedimaker first and then run the script. all will be fixed with one go.

New version will avoid this to happen again in future.

Please update jedimaker first and then run the script. all will be fixed with one go.

New version will avoid this to happen again in future.

urie So this should be go into jedimaker and run update bouquets in settings

after that paste the script link from post #1 and It will fix everything up for you.

• urie can you remove the xmltv.sh by entering

rm /usr/script/xmltv.sh

then run jedi maker update

and then run the script with below link

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

• ravstar , I removed script via putty but still getting

Username/Password Authentication Failed.

iptv service is working ok if you know what I mean I can view channel so user name and password is ok

What has happened is that the change of source this script has made to sources file in epgimport folder is causing little issue as this hsa replaced the url with local directory

so if you follow the above steps this would fix the issue.

• getting the following error when I try to setup correction:

Code
    ./setup.sh: line 134: [: -eq: unary operator expected

soulmate can you post 4 lines above this error from terminal. Or you can post the full terminal but make sure you delete sensitive information like username and password from it before posting it.

make sure you first run jedimaker update and then run the script.

• Thanks for your reply and your script. I am sure there is a problem on my end, but I cannot find it :-)

I successfully ran the script on a Dreambox One, I get the error on a Vu+ Uno 4K SE with same epg/iptv setup. Here is the complete output:

On a side note. After completing the script on the Dreambox one, I get this message:

"All done! go to epgimpoter, Look for option named 'Clearing current EPG before import' and turn it to yes and Import EPG manually by pressing yellow button".

I don't have such an option to clear the current epg....how can I manually clear it?

Edited once, last by soulmate ().

• I don’t have vu+ box hence I couldn’t check what I think it might required different set of commands I can manually set this up for you with help of team viewer if automated script isn’t working

• Hello,

I tried to start the script in Putty with the command line in Step 2. Unfortunately I only got "wget: error getting response" as an answer. What could be the problem and what can I change to get the script to run.

Even if I manually copy the code into a file setup.sh, copy it to tmp and try to run the script, there is an error message, see log.

Connecting to github.com (140.82.121.4:443)

wget: error getting response

sed: /usr/script/xmltv.sh: No such file or directory

sed: /usr/script/xmltv.sh: No such file or directory

chmod: xmltv.sh: No such file or directory

Connecting to github.com (140.82.121.4:443)

wget: error getting response

sed: /usr/script/uninstall1.sh: No such file or directory

chmod: uninstall1.sh: No such file or directory

crontab: can't open 'root': No such file or directory

Daily cron added to run script daily at 06:10am

head: invalid option -- '1'

Thanks for tips.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!