OSCAM version

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 728 times. The last Post () by 7667John.

• Hi guys,

I downloaded the following file oscam-svn11693-arm_v7-webif-dvbapi-emu798 thinking that I will the last IPK package OSCAM for receiver with ARM7 processor.

In my case a Zgemma H9. I tried change the extension to IPK file then uploaded to my storage but it did not work.

Is the OSCam version is specific to the box or the firmware - image used?

why the file for ARM7 are TarGZ and not IPK do I need to do something else to make this compatible with my openatv2.0?

thanks,

• Official Post

The latest ipk is always here ~ Oscam emu ALL Images mips--arm .ipk .deb

Its packed in a zip file, so it will need extracted with winzip or 7-zip first to get the ipk inside.

What you downloaded was only the oscam binary file with no start/stop scripts for images or configs.

To use the oscam-svn11693-arm_v7-webif-dvbapi-emu798 file, extract the .targz file with 7-zip (you can`t just rename this to .ipk, it won`t install)

Inside the .targz will be the oscam binary.

FTP into the zgemma to /usr/bin folder and look for the existing oscam binary.

Name the new/downloaded oscam to the same as the existing binary file.

Rename existing oscam binary to oscam1 or delete it.

Send the new/downloaded version to /usr/bin.

Change attributes/permissions on new/downloaded oscam to 755

Reboot the zgemma.

• Thanks for your detailed answer.

I got it now!

Btw I was not able to access OSCAM web interface due to a wrong port.

It looks like with Openatv 6.2 you have to use the 8888 port. otherwise you got a message webif disable.

What is the difference between OSCAM emu and OSCAM modern?

How do we know the difference between the different version of OSCAM? what I mean is where do I get a kind of release note for each version?

Thanks again

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!