Does OpenATV support the FBC tuner?

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,110 times. The last Post () by Maneto.

• I have a Dreambox 920 UHD and a few days ago I installed OpenATV 6.4 for the first time.

Coming from the Dream Elite I never had any problems using my FBC tuner.

In fact, the Dream Elite recognised my FBC tuner and recognised it as a single tuner. In contrast, OpenATV recognises my FBC tuner as 8 separate tuners.

With the Dream Elite I only had to configure one tuner and all eight worked. With OpenATV, however, only the first tuner works while the other seven do not.

That's why I don't understand how to configure an FBC tuner on OpenATV.

• Image based on DreamOS have the appropriate drivers for the FBC tuner.

The Openxx Image do not have a suitable driver for the FBC tuner, so only problems

so back to dream os image and all is best

• Official Post

I can't comment about the Dreambox, but other receivers with FBC tuners work fine on OpenATV.

OpenATV has different code to PLI. On OpenATV and their derivatives, you have to daisy chain the tuners when using unicable.

As a general comment, the tuner configuration is based on the equipment attached to the tuner. You have not mentioned what equipment you have. If you can do so, we can try and explain it. However, if OpenATV do not have working drivers, it still might not work.

• I can't comment about the Dreambox, but other receivers with FBC tuners work fine on OpenATV.

OpenATV has different code to PLI. On OpenATV and their derivatives, you have to daisy chain the tuners when using unicable.

As a general comment, the tuner configuration is based on the equipment attached to the tuner. You have not mentioned what equipment you have. If you can do so, we can try and explain it. However, if OpenATV do not have working drivers, it still might not work.

I have dual tuner FBC with two independent cables.

• To fully use an FBC Twin Tuner, you would need a Unicable LNB, or diffrend Image

Otherwise, the 2 cables do not give you any advantage over a normal twin tuner

• Per utilizzare completamente un FBC Twin Tuner, avresti bisogno di un LNB Unicable o Diffrend Image

Altrimenti i 2 cavi non ti danno alcun vantaggio rispetto ad un normale doppio tuner

Yes, I know, but I have always put off buying a Unicable LNB because with the Dream Elite I could already do more than 10 recordings simultaneously. And that was enough for me.

• thats what i wrote in #2

go back to an Image based on DreamOS and it will work

• Official Post

You don't have to use unicable with FBC.

If using universal LNBs, an example configuration would be ,

Tuner A = Simple, single, 13e

Tuner B = Simple, single, 13e

C- H will be FBC automatic , i.e internal loop through.

I don't know about the Dreambox, but with a Gigablue or Vu+, you can record about 30 channels sing universal LNBs. To me that is an advantage of non-FBC tuners. Obviously, this is subject to the drivers working.

Configure your tuners correctly, if there is a problem, report it to OpenATV. I am sure they can get hold of latest drivers and fix issue.

• I agree with abu baniaz ... I have it connected with OpenATV 6.4 with the FBC Multistream tuner and I have no problems in DM900 or DM920.

Only tuner A and tuner B are set, other tuners are not set.

I confirm when using universal LNBs

Tuner A: simple or advanced.

Tuner B: simple or advanced.

The other tuners C, D, E, F, G, H are set automatically.

• I use a universal LNB with 2 independent cables.

The decoder recognises 8 tuners (A1-A8). This is their configuration:

1) Simple

2) Single

3) 13 East

4) NO

5) NO

6) NO

When I make a recording no other channels work.

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Support
  • No, this is the configuration for each of the eight tuners.

Here are the Screenshots you asked for.

• The software should not allow you to do that. I'll let one of the ATV developers know.

What options are available for A3 - A8? Do you have an FBC automatic? If so set it to that for all those 6.

If you don't have it then best to set as A3-A8 as Loop through to A or not configured/disabled/nothing connected

I tried disabling the tuners from A3-A8 but nothing was solved.

I decided to change the image because even though I have connected 2 cables to the decoder I can't make 2 recordings at the same time. This means that the second tuner doesn't work either.

This image is a disaster!

Anyway, thank you for your availability.

• Hi, I wouldn't say the image is a disaster, the Vu and GB receivers work with FBC without a problem.

But it clearly does not work for you., so I ca understand the comment. I am sure they will fix it or get the working drivers.

already wrote this too #post 2 ;)

• Hi,

can someone enlighten me a bit pls

I have a triple LNB quad for 19.2E , 23.5E and 28.2E and 3 of the 4 cables I have connected to my VU+Duo4k with 4 DVB-S NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X)VB-S NIM(45308X FBC) where I put the tuner " A" in DiSEqC A/B/C/D where onjy use the first three 19.2E , 23.5E and 28.2E tuner "B" on equal to tuner "A" which are on the first tuner pair, the second pair , I only uns on of them I hope that is called Tuner I which I also put on equal to tuner "A" and tuner "J " which I put on loop thru tuner "I" the other tuners are set to 'not vonfigured" and for personals reason I put the 4th cable on my solo2

now I getting sometime, that I do not have enough free server to record , there are no more than 3 records at the some time, and I think my duo should be able to record 3 and watch the forth , am I wrong , or is my config wrong ? Maybe on these pic it clearer ?

a9fccf18b65607c45a.png7a1ee6.jpgd9667459b8611cd994cd.jpgbb4fc4a9f2d.jpg

thanks for any help

• I have a Dreambox 920 UHD and a few days ago I installed OpenATV 6.4 for the first time.

Coming from the Dream Elite I never had any problems using my FBC tuner.

In fact, the Dream Elite recognised my FBC tuner and recognised it as a single tuner. In contrast, OpenATV recognises my FBC tuner as 8 separate tuners.

With the Dream Elite I only had to configure one tuner and all eight worked. With OpenATV, however, only the first tuner works while the other seven do not.

That's why I don't understand how to configure an FBC tuner on OpenATV.

Hmm strange. I have a dreambox 900 (2020) dvb-c FBC tuner.

Also I use dream elite right now. It only recognise 1 tuner. I can lok att 1-12 channel (com hem basic) when recording.

But not the other channels.im getting a dark channel. How can I Solve this problem?

• With FBC tuners, only physical tuners are configured, so if you have a dual tuner, they will be tuner A and Tuner B, and the other tuners C to H are not configured - they are left unset (they are set automatically).

OpenATV Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

OpenATV Supported Models ~ Airdigital, Amiko, Anadol, Atemio, Atto, AX Technology, Axas, Beyonwiz, Dinobot, Dreambox, Edision, EVO, Ferguson, Formuler, Galaxy Innovations, Gigablue, Golden Interstar, HDBox, Hitube, James Donkey, IQON, Izibox, Jepssen, Maxdigital, Medialink, MaXytec, MediaArt, Megaset, Miraclebox, MK-Digital, Mut@nt, Novaler, Octagon, Odin, Optibox, Protek, PULSe, Qviart, Red-Eagle, Relook, Roxxs, SAB, Sezam, Sogno, Space, Spycat, Technomate, Telestar, Tiviar, T-Rex, Uclan, Venton Unibox, Vimastec, VisionNet, VU+, VUplus, World Vision, Vizyon, WWio, Xsarius, and Xtrend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!