OpenMultiBoot plugin on Openatv 7

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,312 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• installs without issue on 6.4 but once the images for openatv 7.0 and 6.5 are installed it gives warning that some plugins aren’t available: (No module named Plugins.Extensions.OpenMultiboot.plug-in) when booting to them. If you install omb on a base image of openatv 7.0 and then install 6.4 and boot to it it gives a different message. I cannot remember what it is as no longer setup in my vu+ solo 4k. Same issue if installed on hdd or usb. I am certain it is a Python 3 / 2 issue.

• abu baniaz

Changed the title of the thread from “Multiboot on Openatv 7” to “OpenMultiBoot plugin on Openatv 7”.
  • Installing openmultiboot on the latest openatv 7.0 crashes my vu+ solo 4k, I will look to get the crash log when I have more time. Also although not openatv 7.0 but the last update of openatv 6.4 installs a new version and although it allows you to install openatv 7.0 as an image and displays it in the list when choosing the image to boot from, the box restarts but then only displays openatv 6.4 in the boot list and will not boot past it until you select it with ok.

Crash log added if it helps anyone, means nothing to me I’m afraid.

• Been digging a bit and found if I manually create the 2 folders of open-multiboot-upload and open-multiboot within the hdd folder then the crash does not happen. I have added an image and will test to see if installation goes ok. I am using the latest openatv 7.0 as my flash image and will try the latest openatv 6.4 as my secondary image. Just recording the steps I am using in trying to fix and will advise later as wife wants to watch something now.

Update:

installed latest openatv 7.0 as flash image, created the open-multi boot-upload & open-multi boot folders in hdd manually, assume would also work in USB and this stops the crash that I was receiving. Added latest openatv 6.4 to the upload folder and installed via openmultiboot plug-in without issue. Selected openatv 6.4 within openmultiboot and it works as expected again. Once booted to openatv 6.4 chose openmultiboot and selected openatv 7.0 flash installation and vu+ solo 4k successfully showed me all available images and switched correctly.

So this is how I have got around the crash log that was being generated, will be interested to find if others installed correctly without having to manually create the folders.

Edited once, last by tbe: Updating my experience to get working ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!