quarter pounder plugin - to restart stuck streams

There are 134 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 24,386 times. The last Post () by BadBlake.

• maybe he thinks it is a like the restart version of oottppxx plugins. the restart version is a manual restart where as the quarter pounder is a automatic restart plugin.

you can download the manual restarter here https://github.com/oottppxx/en…nsions-restart-6.2.0b.ipk

although i prefer the automatic restarter myself. some might want both.

if using restarter, hotkey the restart plugin to your favourite button and press on the restart icon to manually restart.

• Quarterpounder don't works in OpenSpa, last update. It goes to install but it don't start, even with 755 permission. Any ideas??

have you got the telnet log from when you tried to install ?

I've installed ipk version, from into image... Regular installation... No error message... Plugin regularly installed, but it don't starts...🤷

what are you expecting to see as there is nothing to see as providing you set the Enable to True then streams should restart automatically

Maybe I can't explain myself ... The app installs regularly and without errors, it appears in the list of plugins, but when I try to select it to open it and go to change the setting "Enable" to "True", nothing happens. The app does not open... I don't know if it's clearer now ...

I think the app conflicts with OpenSpa because I noticed that when I install quarterpounder, if I enter in the "Settings" --->"GUI and usage", the image crashes. If I uninstall the app, the problem goes away and the image doesn't crash anymore ...

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

Edited 2 times, last by saragusa ().

• Hi, now I`ve removed and Re-Installed the Serviceapp (E2iPlayer had exchanged some files of it with old ones), then I installed the latest Quaterpounder IPK (enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder-6.2.0l.ipk) and made some changes to the "commons.py" - File, located in "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiStalker/commons/ " Folder like hecha71 suggested it here in the Picture (Click) . Surely you have to stop enigma2 in telnet with "init 4" , browse to mentioned folder and edit the file like in that picture (I've lend it from hecha71 and posted it here down below). You can also copy the file to your PC, edit it there, then copy it back and restart enigma2 with "init 3". In the Picture you can see, that he added some lines, resulting in more Options in the Player menu. Now you can choose between:

1 (Multicast) , 4097 (ServiceMp3) , 5001 (ServiceGSTPlayer) or 5002 (ServiceExteplayer3)

After all these changes I made for me everything seemed to work fine, but I realized that in some situations the stream ended suddenly without a reason and in the VOD section sometimes it happend that I started a film and it began at the end of the film, so that I couldn't watch it. I finally found out, that this happens, when I use the 4097 (ServiceMp3) - Option, but it doesn't happen, when I choose 5002 (ServiceExteplayer3) !!!. So this is now my favourite Option, because everything works without problems anymore.

Just one question at the end: How do I see, when Quarterpounder restarts a stream? I know that this happens without an on screen display. But so i never will know when something has happend and quarterpounder did his work :)

• you know it restarts if the stream/channel info comes on the bottom of the stream for five seconds obviously that may not happen for some time depending on your iptv supplier. you can check the quarterpounder-debug.log located in the tmp directory on your box, it will say service 5002 then will say what channel/stream was restarted at the end eg bbc1 restarted, if you get no restarts over a period of a few days then you are not using a compatible player. exteplayer ext 5002 works 100%

Edited 4 times, last by slayer7 ().

• you have gone into service app and taken it off original and moved the playback system to service app and changed player to exteplayer3?

it could be your iptv provider is no good? or that particular stream is no good.

Edited 2 times, last by slayer7 ().

• Glad you folks enjoy the plugin :-)

Pushed 6.2.0n today (but tested only on oatv6.2) - it's supposed to prevent service restarts if any GUI interaction is detected, to try and solve the issue of navigating bouquets on a stream that's constantly being restarted.

I see some discussions about the options - feel free to ask me any questions about those; beware that I don't use a lot of 3rd-party plugins, so I might not be able to answer questions on the interaction with those.

Edit: apparently it doesn't quite work on at least oatv6.4, follow along on https://github.com/oottppxx/enigma2/issues/30

• I use 6.4 and have never noticed restarts during gui interaction thats just bizarre. glad its not happening here lol

thanks for a great plugin oottppxx!!, is the restart delay infact a buffer? if i put in 3 would that be 3 seconds. just confirming parameters. cheers

as i noticed the stuck channels hack delay default is 2500. is that infact 2 and half seconds?

• I use 6.4 and have never noticed restarts during gui interaction thats just bizarre. glad its not happening here lol

thanks for a great plugin oottppxx!!, is the restart delay infact a buffer? if i put in 3 would that be 3 seconds. just confirming parameters. cheers

as i noticed the stuck channels hack delay default is 2500. is that infact 2 and half seconds?

Glad you enjoy it!

The issue is if you get stuck in a bad stream, it can be hard to navigate the bouquets, as when you're moving around and the stream restarts, the bouquet resets its position to the stuck stream.

Yes, the restart delay is in seconds, as explained in the setup.xml file it's the "Minimum interval between restarts (either our own or due to zapping)." - not sure what you mean by buffer, as we're not really storing anything, just delaying the restarts. I have mine set at 1.

Correct, the stuck channels hack delay is in milliseconds, so 2500 is equivalent to 2 and a half seconds.

• Ahh i can see now how that would happen in that situation. Thanks for clearing up the restart delay question, relating to the buffer the Qtstalker plugin or mag boxes they have a buffer system on them in advanced section and i guess they use no mounted usb storage to attain the buffer not sure about that. the buffer obviously helping in very bad streams sometimes which makes it more seamless if there is drops from provider. Xtreamity, e2m3u2bouquet ,jedimakerxtream & Multistalker don't have this facility. To be honest i'm not even sure it works on Qtstalker as its a port over of the mag system.

• As far as I've looked, none of the usual plugins use their own players, they just hand over a stream reference/URL to the Enigma2 system, and whatever player is assigned to that stream type does the rest. You can tune some of it with the service app plugin, but I honestly never looked to see if there are any buffer settings to be tweaked there (I leave it at the default and basically just install it to have access to more players).

• been using this plugin on openpli latest image 8.1 with all updates for a while no issues.. Last few days it has stopped working. Doesn't unfreeze the frozen channels? Has anything changed? Do I need to change any if the settings? Version 6.2.0p.

• been using this plugin on openpli latest image 8.1 with all updates for a while no issues.. Last few days it has stopped working. Doesn't unfreeze the frozen channels? Has anything changed? Do I need to change any if the settings? Version 6.2.0p.

Maybe something changed, but not with the plugin. Enable debug and check the log file to see what it says when the frozen channel doesn't restart?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!