quarter pounder plugin - to restart stuck streams

There are 134 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 24,407 times. The last Post () by BadBlake.

• The plugin seems to be working fine, I see a couple of evStart (probably because you zapped into the channel(s)), but no evEOF (so no breakage of service detected by the plugin) so nothing to restart... I also see a bunch of evBuffering, is this a new player that tries to rebuffer itself or something changed on the provider side not to break the connection? Are you using serviceApp/exteplayer3 or something else? A recent change on other settings you did? Or maybe an update on OpenPLi?

In any case, nothing to be solved (by the plugin) - I'd be very wary to restart services on evBuffering, as this can probably break other stuff - check your player settings and talk to OpenPLi folks, and keep us posted.

• hi. i have zero4k - ATV6.4

plugin working only when serviceapp is activated (exteplayer )

if change setup for gsplayer - plugin not working

ist should be like that, could you confirm please

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• I have updated the image software a couple of days, might be that. I do also have serviceApp but haven't changed anything on that.

I'll post in openpli but they don't reply as quick. Thanks for your help

So once it freezes it doesn't unfreeze until I change channel and back to the channel like before I had the quarter pounder app.

• I have updated the image software a couple of days, might be that. I do also have serviceApp but haven't changed anything on that.

So once it freezes it doesn't unfreeze until I change channel and back to the channel like before I had the quarter pounder app.

please see log when gsplayeractivated quarterpounder-debug.log

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• hi. i have zero4k - ATV6.4

plugin working only when serviceapp is activated (exteplayer )

if change setup for gsplayer - plugin not working

ist should be like that, could you confirm please

Maybe, do the same and check for yourself, activate debug and check the file contents around the time a channel freezes and doesn't get restarted (I don't really use gsplayer myself, so it's very possible).

please see log when gsplayeractivated quarterpounder-debug.log

No evEOF there either...

I shouldn't be replying either ;-)

Check the stream type from your provider and try playing those via exteplayer3, and check... good luck!

• You a good lad, xmas eve and all ;-)

• I use xtreme editor and have the players set to iptv. Do I need to change anything in serviceApp do you think?

I have also posted in openpli see what they say, will keep you posted.

IPTV/4097... To avoid messing with serviceApp, try setting the services as EXTEPLAYER/5002 on XE, if supported (I don't use it, so I wouldn't know), then make sure the bouquets have them as 5002 and play... Then check the behaviour and the QP debug log to make sure evEOF are generated and that restarts are done.

• providers have said to use iptv (4097).

ServiceApp was not active so have activated now. Player set to gsplayer 10021. Channel just froze and restarted within seconds so think i fixed it. Will monitor for a while

• my setup:

bouquet 4097

serviceapp activated

Then check the behaviour and the QP debug log to make sure evEOF are generated and that restarts are done.

evEOF- not visible

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• oottppxx

using for long time every day.

some streams stop work (for any reason change address; very poor connection ...) pluging kept restaring over and over and is hard to change to other-next channel from list (bouquet).

could be possible ? if stream not get work after 30 second from first restart - or if plugin make 10 restart in 30 second for exsamples .

Just say to plugin "stop job"

what do you think?

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• See https://github.com/oottppxx/enigma2/issues/30 - 6.2.0o version is supposed to have a fix/workaround for it; also see the setting "GUI Check" from the README.

• Thank you for reply

- Restar indicator not working - cannot see if channels were rest or ( dont know if plugin do somthing or no) justsee in the log

- by the log saw - only one restart are made it. ( channels not work, stay black screen)

- when change channels up - down , channel were previous black screen start again - wish plugin should restart more times (maybe 2-5 ?)

- my setting attched justin case somthing did wrong

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!