No CA Found

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,237 times. The last Post () by gemini man.

• I know this is not new, but I have tried so many things that I need to start anew.
    My miniscreen is locked on erro1:NO CA FOUND. No matter what I do with the power switch,on...off...Keep pressed....whatever...shutdown...I ONLY get that screen.In minute font it also tells me to visit www.dm.7020.com (this is a clone after all).
    I am connected to the router(J45) and I have a null modem connection to COM1 (rs232) on my PC

I have tried the clone patch version of dreamup,with the little magic enforcer.
    I have tried to connect to Dreambox Control Centre, but socket error prevents access.
    I have put Optiflash to the test,versions 1.0.3 and 1.0.8 but got nowhere. Then up pops 1.0.9b pro which requires a donation. I slipped Yasser 5 Euros and currently still have no registration key.
    I have run through NCF with not a glimmer of success.

Now,at 23.00 hours, I am tired and ready to sleep on it. (Watching Germany play always does that to me).

I am thinking that tomorrow I will begin again with/without the various connections, but I am stabbing in the dark.
    At least I know what caused it.....I tried to flash an incompatible image.

Anyway,if there is anyone who likes a challenge,and who loves fellow man,..........Help.

El Tel

I have tried to connect to Dreambox Control Centre, but socket error prevents access.

use the search for ip for box on DCC then when you see it accept it... then restart DCC...

As far as NO CA FOUND ,,there are a few posts which I think that fellow members have already pointed you to ¿?

• Many thanx Caz

The problem is that the dm800 does not show. The search reveals my wired router and two wi-fi devices (Ps3 and laptop).
    NoDM....the socket interface is dead.
    I just need to get a little bit of flash in there somehow and bring it all back to life.....
    And yes,in the morning I will start reading posts. It's the only way.

Spain v Italy tomorrow at 5.00pm Should be a good game.

El Tel

• restart router then in your admin of router check see if the dmIP is recognised. for external connection..
    But you should be able to search for the internal IP of DM through DCC either ways as long as its connected to router correctly through rj45..

• This is an easy one to fix search for a program called NCF-sim2 and run it, you will need a nul modem lead but this will fix it with ease

• Sorry thick Scott here? in NCF-sim2 select a ssl of 76 or 82 any thing lower than 84 in the middle window at the top and try again this works for me. If that don't work let me know and I will think of an other remedy.

• Morning Caz
    ok I shall have a go this way. I have just received a message from router saying AVAHI network disabled,but it was too quick for me to read. Avahi is recognition software -me parece.
    I will let you know how I get on
    El Tel

• Kegsie,
    Thanx for your help. I have tried NCF sim2 v2.1......all I get on power-up is 'wrong boot response'
    When things work,it is amazing. When they don't it is depressing.
    But I will keep trying.........Everything.

El Tel

• Ah Well,

I have thoroughly investigated my router situation,and the bottom line is......even with rj45 plugged into port#1 the dm800 is non-existent on my router panel. I am convinced that the flash corruption has ended i/o communication so now the serial null modem is the box's only connection with the outside world.
    Next I chased up the latest optiflasher 109b which has many more features and requires a donation/registration/product key. Just 2 days ago when my box was on STOP,optiflasher 103 sorted me out in no time. But now the box shows 'NO CA FOUND', and the new optiflasher with its 'no ca' feature insists on me returning to 'STOP'screen - which it will NOT do. I haven't finished with it yet though. I am going back to it now and selecting 'serial cable only' option. and then run through the options.

Thank God I still have my s*y+ box for the footie this afternoon and the Canadian GP. Come on Ireland.....Venga Espana !!!

El Tel

• I am beginning to feel frustration and desperation.
    I have tried every programme going ,but the DM800 is just not fully switched on and all I get are meaningless responses...eg:power on when it is already on......Wrong boot response when I interrupt power, and so on and so on.
    I opened the box,took out the white sim with the Dream logo 2.01 and put it back. on bootup the error changed to -> error ! with no mention of NO CA FOUND.
    A small detail that I suspect changes nothing.
    So I have a black box just staring at me and I am staring back at it.
    I am wondering if I am beyond help.??

El Tel

• The only reason why software is failing to help me, is because apart from an error message on my miniscreen, my DM800 is just a box of chips....there is no 'system' that can respond to signals.
    If it went to a repair shop....what could they do???
    If it can be reprogrammed with a 20 pin connection, can I not do that with a Duolabs CAS3 interface which I have new and unused in a box.??

I think I need help.

El Tel

• Official Post

I am beginning to feel frustration and desperation.
    I have tried every programme going ,but the DM800 is just not fully switched on and all I get are meaningless responses...eg:power on when it is already on......
    El Tel

Just a thought, are you starting the patched dreamup with the power already connected & do you now have the proper null modem cable ?
    How To Recover No Ca Error On A DM800

• Dear Ten
    It is very reassuring to have the top man on the job but I hope that this time I haven't blown it.
    Needless to say,when I am trying various programmes,I try all different ways eg: power ON....power OFF, network ON....network OFF.
    I HAVE been using the patched version of Dreamup
    1) With NO Power..Connect..Connection prepared,now switch on the dreambox!....Power-on..Box type DM800..Connection prepared,now switch on the dreambox!......
    2)With Power ON........Connect.....Connection prepared,now switch on the dreambox!

I have tried the magic enforcer which does activate the FLASH command but it is looking for a .img and not a .nfi so declares File too big (spelling corrected).
    And I try again and again, and then Optiflasher and so on.
    I have the lid off at the moment and I am not frightened of trying anything. I have a brand new CAS3/Diablo wi-fi in a box that I do not know how to use,but I am praying that we can resolve this.

El Tel

• Sometimes you have to show absolute determination to keep trying different ways to breathe new life into a dead box of chips.
    And then you have to show the patience to do it all over again.
    And again.
    But when the suggestions run out, what is the next stage.?? My box is a couple of weeks old and has not even been set up fully. Does it go in the bin? Do I post it to Hong Kong.?? What is the next move.???

El Tel

• Not My work but found this pal, but it seems the last bit of the post that was the winner in this case same as yours by all accounts

Ok, to start with I had a new DM800HD box sent to me by a Chinese supplier. It was pre-installed with bootloader 76, sim2.01 & Gemini image. Run through install wizard all ok. Tried to install cccam but unable to. I then posted a ‘No Cccam’ question on the forum see following link:-

As the cccams’ had been removed from the IHAD/Gemini server I decided to flash a new image. This is where all my problems began! After flashing the new image (sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi ) using the box IP in Internet Explorer and upgrading firmware in the Bootloader Web Interface page. All went as planned and the progress bar hit 100%. I hit the power button on the box, which should switch box off and it should reboot automatically with the new image installed.

This didn’t happen so I had to unplug box. On power up I had the following message: ‘Error 01 No CA Found’.

At this point I was told that I might not have the bootloader, although I was sure the image contained the bootloader 76c in its package.

I followed this tutorial by ‘chercheur’ :-

Cause of the error:
    - bad flash
    - official image flashed

-> ERR01 : NO CA FOUND

What doesn't work anymore:
    - no boot
    - no network connection
    - no possible image upgrade
    - DreamUp unable to upgrade even with serial cable

Solution:
    1) Use DreamUp 1.3.3 with serial (null modem) cable
    2) Choose COM1, connect, power ON DM800 and wait
    3) After a few seconds the DM800 screen will come back with an IP address
    4) Type in that address in IE
    5) Flash first a BootLoader (ex: bl76.nfi) reboot DM800 and hold power button
    7) Wait for IP to appear on DM800 screen
    8)Type in that address in IE
    9) Flash your desired image

This method did not work for me because at point 3 my DM displayed the ‘No Ca Found’ error.

Moved on to trying the patched Dreamup (forhike & natas) where I was now able to get an IP on the DM display. Went through the Bootloader Web Interface page and first flashed a bl76.nfi to 100% followed by an image.nfi to 100%. Hit power button on DM……..no response. Unplugged DM & powered up…….’No CA Found’……bum!

The following link was given to me by BIG-HOL

Tried this method and when I got to the stage where I used the Dreambox Tool to force the flash button to open and was able to select the image, I would get ‘File too big’ error. Tried this several times with various images and also tried flashing a bootloader file on its own (207kb) and still the ‘File too big’ error popped up.

Losing the will to live by now!

MikeS offered his help by giving me remote assistance, which I gladly accepted!

I sat back as Mike went through all of the procedures aforementioned and came to the conclusion that the memory modules on the box were faulty.

Big praise to this guy who spent over an hour helping me remotely.

Got in touch with the Chinese supplier of the box who sent me this email:

“Hello there,

The error you’re getting is very common to flashing an image with different second stage boot loader.
    Read here for a solution. I assure you that error is caused by software not hardware”.

I was steered to another forum (don’t know if I can add a link, but will add it if told it’s ok) and I had the answer.

The root of the problem on my box was the sim installed. The sim details were as follows:- e-Star SIM V3.1

I stripped the box to find these details as I wasn’t sure if flashing a converted image would harm the box if fitted with a normal sim. Try at your peril!

I had already been able to load a BL69 on to the box. No other BL would load e.g. 72 or 76. As the bootloader was on the box I was now able to power down, hold the power button on DM, power up and reach the ***STOP*** mode on the DM with IP displayed. Right, the desired image now has to be converted to be compatible with the eStar sim.

Conversion software found here:

http://http://www.e-star-sim.com/download.asp?BigClassID=1

Here you will find the Estar Dream Convertor software and user instructions .pdf file.

Once opened, click the button on the top right hand side and select your image then open. Your image will now be in the input image file box, mine looked like this:-

sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi

Click run and a Version warning message appears, ignore this and hit yes, another warning, hit yes and you should now see progress go to 100%. Now click ok and your image will have been converted and be in the same location as the original image you selected. It will now look like this:-

estar_sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi

Right, back to the DM which is in ***STOP*** mode. Open browser put IP in and enter. In Bootloader Web Interface, hit upgrade firmware, browse and open your converted image, hit flash, wait for image to load 100%, hit power button on DM and it powers down and reboots automatically to the new flashed image. Yipee !!!

• Dear Turner,

Many,many thanks for your wonderfully explicit and interesting - even uplifting - appraisal of events.
    I have gone straight to this keyboard to thank you and straight after the Russia-Poland game,I am going to start again.Those of us who have been in this situation for more than a few days,know how devastating it can be and how painful it becomes to fail one more time. But success is built on failure ( I just made that up ).
    If I have even a glimmer of success, I intend to nominate you for the Turner Prize

El Tel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!