Card Writer

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 916 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• Is there any practical point in being able to write your own cards.

What I am asking is, is there any point getting the a smargo as opposed to an omnikey usb card reader/writer?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• You shouldn't need to Write any cards mate ¬ Were only interested in reading them and sharing them !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• But wouldn´t it be nice if....
    with so many softcams these days, we´re spoilt for choice.
    for the "No, Don´t Spoil them + No Answer Gets Really Answered" cards ,,wouldn´t it be nice,,,,,

• Hmm strange, i almost understood one of your cryptic replies :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• But wouldn´t it be nice if....

for the "No, Don´t Spoil them + No Answer Gets Really Answered" cards ,,wouldn´t it be nice,,,,,

Too Nice ¬ :rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• is the smargo sufficient? just looking there is still so many to choose from increasing in price too....

BpGgW.jpg

• Think its kind of Horses for Course mate!

Although i believe the Omnikey is a bit better with the Range of Cards it reads but don't quote me on that!
    Some say Ecm times are a bit lower with Omnikey but i havent had any need to worry! (Little trick for ECM times use a powered USB hub as it decrease the times)

I brought Smargo and Omnikey and opened Smargo 1st!

Never had a need to change it so far.....using *** uk

Just my opinion of course

:80:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• its always hourses for courses, but would it help me be nice as prev mentioned :)

BpGgW.jpg

• Yet another oversight on my part, where would one hypothetically purchase blank cards from these days

BpGgW.jpg

• Googling blank satellite cards is your best bet but don't expect much help getting them working as in most forums including this one discussing blank card files is no-go.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• gunna be one of those days today, i meant which :/

BpGgW.jpg

• last time i made a card was over 7-8 years ago from memory it was a "titanium" high security door card that was used for conax ¬ it could only be programmed by elvis in phoenix mode or cas11 interface _ Softcams took over as cards had limited memory and processing power -
    Things like fun cards - 6in 1 and gold cards are useless these days - well i dont have use for them anyhowz .
    hi sat always supplied my cards ¬
    in fact things like magic cam - matrix cam first took over from cards alone ¬ i remember making a gold card that open digital+ spain kiosk france and palco italy ! seca1 days lol

:rikjaard1:

• Wouldn't it be great..

There was cards knocking around there until last year that were usefull but they are practically ice scrapers now!

Great were the days of Premiere and D+ from a softcam... Ahh things were so simple back then!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!