setting up a mgcamd client in vu duo

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,964 times. The last Post () by master G.

• hi
    from what ive read mgcamd is recommended for card updating so trying to change my box over to mgcamd from cccam to update my oscam server.
    I dled mgcam and it installed OK now I need to change the newcamd.list and mg_cfg files and a bit stuck
    They are supposed to be in /var/keys but I cant seeem to get into that folder using flashxp (keeps redirecting to /usr/keys and the folder is blank)

Do I just make new mgcamd files in /usr/keys ?

Also Im a bit confused about port settings

in this example for newcamd.list

##########################
    ###LINUXSAT-SUPPORT.COM###
    ##########################

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = 127.0.0.1 34001 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan newcs

What is 34001 for and what is newcs for
    I think the 34001 port is for newcamd in oscam.conf but completely lost about what the lan and newcs are for
    also what is CWS and is the incoming port needed for a mgcamd client?

• The 34001 is the port used to conned with newcs and new cs is newcamd (which you are using as your card server, in this example)

I dont know what cws is exactly but its the syntax for nlines in mgcamd

Mgcamd does not do your card updates, as its only an emu, whatever you are using as your server newcs/ccam/oscam does the updates

Im not exactly an expert mate, but im sure one of the others will set the record straight if i give you any incorrect info.

Some images differ slightly but the place you are being redirected to is the same for all intents and purposes.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Official Post

Which receiver & image are you using?
    /usr/keys is the correct location for the files on most E2 images, you will find the answer to your other questions here.
    Mgcamd Tutorials

• Hi Ten Below thanks for reply
    ATM Im using a vu duo with vix 2.4 and cccam 221 connected to an oscam server running debian linux
    I want to change the cccam to mgcam cos I read this is best if you want to do card updates (currently updates are turned off with cccam)
    Do I need mgcamd to do updates and cccam as it is now and or can it replace cccam
    Also not sure on what ecm settings to use, such as whether I need ecm whitelist and which to block

• Hi thanks again Ten Below
    I used the oscam and mgcamd configs for updating entitlements info (thanks to MasterG)
    I have got the mgcamd running OK now but have not set it to update yet
    I didnt change any settings in mg_cfg file and dont know what half the settings do

I want to be sure I dont trash the card (Like CCcam did)
    Does this setting for my reader look OK

[reader]
    label = labelname
    Protocol = pcsc
    detect = CD
    device = 0
    EMMCache = 1,3,2
    CAID = 0963
    ecmwhitelist = 0963:3E,42,44,45,47,4E,53,54,61,62,68,69,6A,6B,6D, 6F,71,72,73,77,78,79,7A,7C,7D,7E,80,8B
    ident = 0963:000000
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-s = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    lb_weight = 101

This is oscam.user for updating client

[account]
    user = linuxsat
    pass = support
    group = 1
    caid = 0963
    ident = 0963:000000
    au = labelname

I tried to dl from TSpanel but get server error
    Is there another server to use to get files from

• Official Post

Your oscam configs are set as omnikey reader is this correct ?

Code
    Protocol = pcsc
    device = 0

Also your ecm whitelist line should be entered like this,

Code
    ecmwhitelist = 0963@000000:3E,42,44,45,47,4E,53,54,61,62,68,69,6A,6B,6D,6F,71,72,73,77,78,79,7A,7C,7D,7E,80,8B

Other than that what you have posted looks fine.

• yes thats right ten below its omnikey reader
    Been running a few hours now but mgamd seems to turn itself off
    It works OK but when I change channels it stops (blanks screen on new channel) The only way to get it working is
    I have to keep restarting it so there must be some setting wrong
    Is it the reader or mgcamd setting
    In mg_cfg Ive got
    B: 00
    P: 00

• check entitlements in oscam mate !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!