Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9S - Zgemma H9T - Zgemma H9.2S - Zgemma H9.2Hs

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 753 times. The last Post () by XSA.

• Discussion of article Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9 series:

How To Flash Zgemma H9 series (Twin, Combo, H9x/H9.2x), backup and restore settings etc with PurE2 Image.

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• @ all: above post(s) have been edited substantially... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Discussion of article Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9 series:

How To Flash Zgemma H9 series (Twin, Combo, H9x/H9.2x), backup and restore settings etc with PurE2 Image.

• "Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• I've the same problem too. Now i can't flash with USB drive. This is problem with updates! My Zgemma H9.2S box becomes a white elephant & i thought i could die a happy - any soul to help? via joddlui@gmail.com

I like your spiritual insight very much. It makes me feel closer to Nature. No doubt Nature decays but memories are the most naturally things always fresh and I live by the moment.

• If the latest RESCUE FILE for H9 Twin/Combo might not work....

1) Use the recovery file I attached to this message. Unzip it to a USB stick.

2) Then, download the latest emmc file (PurE2 image with the latest date) and do not unzip it, just send it to the USB stick as well.

3) Do the full procedure, rescue file, i.e. partitioning first, then in Rescue/Recovery menu flash the latest image from a USB stick into Linux/Enigma2 partition no. 1! :)

• I had problem after doing software update on zgemma h9 combo think it was on the 28th, ended up with boot light and red led didn't matter what inage or recovery file tried and various old and new usb flash drives. Ended up I used older openatv-6.4-zgemmah9combo-20200331_recovery_emmc.zip unpacked that to usb it worked got me to multiboot menu where I could flash backup I had stored on internal hard drive. A few people also mentioned same problem on openatv forum there were airdigital kernal updates fast boot etc on list when I did software update.

After I was up running i tried online update wityh image dated 28th it worked ok.

• Yes, change in partitioning...

One must use an older Recovery file with the latest image and it will all work...

As for Recovery files - we must wait for a proper fix... I will see what I can do to help with this....

I am attaching a Recovery file for Zgemma H9 Twin/Combo which works... ;)

• What is the problem here? Is memory corrupted or something? Why cannot erase mtd0?

After flashing, content of /dev/mtd0 is different than in the file.

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9 series” to “Flashing, backup and restore settings on Zgemma H9S - Zgemma H9T - Zgemma H9.2S - Zgemma H9.2Hs”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!