History Zap Selector for OpenPli (6.x-9.x) © Dorik1972

There are 207 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,407 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• Thanks for your interest,

I will try again to collect more data , but for now I am using

Novaler 4k pro

Egami 10.4 and openpli dev

• UPDATE

1) Small fixes of skins for 720p

2) Changes to the logic for determining broadcast start for different reftype (1, 4097, 5001, 5002) for OE2.0-2.6. Now saving of channel switching history is correct on all supported E2 images including DreamOS-based.

3) Added logic for translating event descriptions in the system EventView (standard description view window in any E2 image). Translation is available via the "AUDIO" button on RC. Translation into default and additional languages is supported. A long press on the "AUDIO" button in the EventView window allows you to change the translation language "on the fly" (this function is available only for users who have donated). Works on all E2 images (Py2/P3) including DreamOS-based. VTi image - not supported.

2.png3.png

ENJOY!

• Many thanks pepsik to share with us this version, it look very nice but I got crash several times when try to use the new event view feature

I am test it on openvix last version

• but I got crash several times

Code
    <103483.7119>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 130, in doInstantiateDialog
    <103483.7123>     dialog.applySkin()
    <103483.7124>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 246, in applySkin
    <103483.7127>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 276, in createGUIScreen
    <103483.7130>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EventView.py", line 100, in onCreate
    <103483.7133>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGTranslator/plugin.py", line 1096, in My_setEvent
    <103483.7139> AttributeError: 'EventViewEPGSelect' object has no attribute 'EPGTr_translating'

Based on the provided log, you have a crash of the EPGTranslator plugin in line 1096 in the My_setEvent function, which is clearly visible in the log that you provided. What I or the HistoryZap plugin has to do with this crash is not clear to me

What did you test? Judging by the log, it's obviously not my plugin ...

• but I got crash several times

Code
    <103483.7119>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 130, in doInstantiateDialog
    <103483.7123>     dialog.applySkin()
    <103483.7124>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 246, in applySkin
    <103483.7127>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 276, in createGUIScreen
    <103483.7130>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EventView.py", line 100, in onCreate
    <103483.7133>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGTranslator/plugin.py", line 1096, in My_setEvent
    <103483.7139> AttributeError: 'EventViewEPGSelect' object has no attribute 'EPGTr_translating'

Based on the provided log, you have a crash of the EPGTranslator plugin in line 1096 in the My_setEvent function, which is clearly visible in the log that you provided. What I or the HistoryZap plugin has to do with this crash is not clear to me

What did you test? Judging by the log, it's obviously not my plugin ...

May be the problem from installed epgtranslator, both feed the event view with data, let me remove it and revert back to you

• May be the problem from installed epgtranslator

Theoretically it is possible ... I have not tested the "joint" use of HistoryZap and EPGTranslator ... But when writing the HistoryZap code I tried to take this option into account and when overriding classes I used function names that do not overlap with EPGTranslator in any way ... But still ... it is NOT my code that crashes ... so I probably got it right. I've taken a slightly different approach ... much different from the way it is done in the EPGTranslator plugin. To be honest, the code of the EPGTranslator plugin is so "unimpressed" that I was even afraid to install it for tests or at least just to see what it is and how it works =)

• May be the problem from installed epgtranslator

Theoretically it is possible ... I have not tested the "joint" use of HistoryZap and EPGTranslator ... But when writing the HistoryZap code I tried to take this option into account and when overriding classes I used function names that do not overlap with EPGTranslator in any way ... But still ... it is NOT my code that crashes ... so I probably got it right.

I think that is the reason, may be you consider that conflicts but epgtranslator was not, as mentioned before it will be better to remove it first then check if the errors persist

• it will be better to remove

Here I agree with you completely ... I have somewhat supplemented my post above on the subject ....

I think our assumption was correct, once removed EPG Translator from the system everything goes very well, thanks pepsik for your great work, let my check on the rest of image and revert back if there is any further comment, great work and no needs now to install epgtranslator.

Just quick reminder for telnet installation link, it will be much better to share in Facebook pages 😉

• let my check on the rest of image

Will work everywhere ... :smiling face with halo:...excluding VTi ... But there is nothing complicated there and I can make it work on VTi image as well ...

I tested it with openvix, openatv 7.3, egami 10.4, pure2 7.3, openvision 13, and openpli 8.3, all working very smooth, really appreciate your great, professional work, I am not sure if you looking for more suggestions regard same plugin or something else 😊

• I tested it with openvix, openatv 7.3, egami 10.4, pure2 7.3, openvision 13, and openpli 8.3, all working very smooth,

So spread this plugin to other E2 forums where you participate in discussions... Maybe someone is looking for such a plugin with such functionality... Which works everywhere and without "dancing with a tambourine" :face with tears of joy:

• I think it is possible to add translation to the default language of descriptions of programs in SecondInfobar ... provided that in the plugin settings, the automatic translation of descriptions to the default language is enabled ... I will study the source code of images a little ... if it works out - will be added in the next version.

• I think it is possible to add translation to the default language of descriptions of programs in SecondInfobar ... provided that in the plugin settings, the automatic translation of descriptions to the default language is enabled ... I will study the source code of images a little ... if it works out - will be added in the next version.

This look new and brilliant idea, I think nobody think in this before, there were some requests to perform full epg translation in epg.dat, AjPanel as example add experimental option to perform translation for epg over one channel each time,

I think add translation to 2nd infobar will be new and great, but background translation for epg.dat is the real dream.

Why it is a dream because it will improve the functionality and effectiveness of many plugins such as subssupport for translation files download, posterx and xtraevent... etc.

Actually in my opinion, some plugins such as subssupport and xtraevent needs more efforts to perform as expected but the improvement cycle for these plugins are dead

• , but background translation for epg.dat is the real dream.

It is elementary to realise, but there are three "nuances"

1) This is a time-consuming process. After all, for the translation of each description, they can be hundreds of thousands we need hundreds of thousands of requests to the API ... The average time spent on the translation of one description of the order of 0.2-0.4 seconds and very much depends on the quality of your Internet connection. Even with parallel queries and multithreading .... it is still time.

2) For such multiple requests you can be banned by API ..... As an option - switch to paid APIs for translation, for example DeepL ... there 500 000 characters per month for free, if more, you will be charged a monthly fee.

3) epg.dat is a cache file to store the data of your image's eEPGCache object. It is dynamically updated and "cleaned" by the C-code of your image. Therefore, it is an absolutely stupid idea to translate its data. Because your receiver can constantly receive EPG updates from satellite (EIT), which will be cached instead of already existing and "translated" ... The most correct and optimal solution is to translate the data displayed in skins.

Alternatively, we can run Facebook NNLB locally with pre-prepared models and have our own local API for translation .... will this translate quality? Will it work on any image? Does it work fast?You can try it yourself and answer these questions for yourself - https://huggingface.co/spaces/Geonmo/nllb-translation-demo

AjPanel as example add experimental option to perform translation for epg over one channel each time,

I have no idea what AjPanel is, but how does the functionality you describe differ from what is implemented in EPGTranslator or HistoryZap ? Moreover, it seems to me that in HistoryZap the translation is implemented more conveniently taking into account the possibility of translation to the default language + additional language. All this works in standard skins of your image

Why it is a dream because it will improve the functionality and effectiveness of many plugins such as subssuppor

A year ago on this forum in the subssupport plugin thread I gave an example of how by adding three lines to the code you get the functionality of online translation of subtitles into the language you need ..... Dream less =) and read more forum threads :winking face with tongue: You should also realize that the subssupport plugin does not interact with epg.dat ..... No way at all .... Moreover, NO plugin interacts with this file.

• 1) This is a time-consuming process. After all, for the translation of each description, they can be hundreds of thousands we need hundreds of thousands of requests to the API ... The average time spent on the translation of one description of the order of 0.2-0.4 seconds and very much depends on the quality of your Internet connection. Even with parallel queries and multithreading .... it is still time.

2) For such multiple requests you can be banned by API ..... As an option - switch to paid APIs for translation, for example DeepL ... there 500 000 characters per month for free, if more, you will be charged a monthly fee.

3) epg.dat is a cache file to store the data of your image's eEPGCache object. It is dynamically updated and "cleaned" by the C-code of your image. Therefore, it is an absolutely stupid idea to translate its data. Because your receiver can constantly receive EPG updates from satellite (EIT), which will be cached instead of already existing and "translated" ... The most correct and optimal solution is to translate the data displayed in skins.

Alternatively, we can run Facebook NNLB locally with pre-prepared models and have our own local API for translation .... will this translate quality? Will it work on any image? Does it work fast?You can try it yourself and answer these questions for yourself - https://huggingface.co/spaces/Geonmo/nllb-translation-demo

Yes, I have now realized that the idea seems stupid and not practical at all, and perhaps the reason for the suggestion is my ignorance of programming

I have no idea what AjPanel is, but how does the functionality you describe differ from what is implemented in EPGTranslator or HistoryZap ? Moreover, it seems to me that in HistoryZap the translation is implemented more conveniently taking into account the possibility of translation to the default language + additional language. All this works in standard skins of your image

AJPanel, is a very useful combo plugin created by Arabic Developer mcafeez, the main idea to perform a loot of tasks without needs to use computer or 3rd party app, such as but not limited,

1. Install, uninstall, download and update plugins.

2. Bouquets Editor, channel, satallite.xml cleaner,

3. IPTV portal, list, m3u, and m3u8 player, tester.... etc

4. File Manager with full functions, network tester, time setup, ftp browser..

5. Ipk, deb package creator, channel, tuner, cam, network backup creator and subtitle player

A lot of function, you can try it by install it,

You can check it from the link below

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biko-73/AjPanel/main/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

Give it a try you will like it,

• A year ago on this forum in the subssupport plugin thread I gave an example of how by adding three lines to the code you get the functionality of online translation of subtitles into the language you need .

Is it possible to share with us your modified plugin with the online translation?

I think it will be very great if you can do it in right way, 99% of Arabic users ask for this feature many times but some responses said it is impossible to get proper online translation on enigma2!!!

Currently the last version is 1.5.8.r9 made by mino60 to correct and add new translation files resources, but no new in plugin features.

You can check it from the like below

Code
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biko-73/SubsSupport/main/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

If there is an option to add online translation to this plugin it will unlock the door for many users to watch a lot of programs like TV show, Talk shows, Art shows, Criminal Shows...... etc, I think it will be a remarkable great job.

Actually there are a lot of comments about subssupport plugin but online translation is a real level jump in this case.

• UPDATE

1) Fixed crash when selecting the translation language in settings and by long pressing the "yellow" button (my "fault" made a mechanical typo) :face with rolling eyes:

2) Slightly redesigned pop-up messages when calling the EventView system window. Now it is clearer for the user what to "click" and why

3) Added wrap class for eServiceEvent and now it will be possible to translate everything on the skin screen. I will experiment and if it isn't "dumb" - I will add translation of program names by analogy with descriptions

4) Removed all locales with translations that are very outdated

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!