OpenATV 7.* setup guide by KiddaC

There are 59 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 30,115 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• KiddaC , nice updated guide.

I tend to do Flash Online frequently - (I always make a full back up first).

Once I have system setup I use my own myrestore.sh script that I store on Harddisk/images/config folder.

I also have all my latest saved IPK files in a separate folder that are not available on feeds. These are in Harddisk/images/ipk folder

When I do Flash Online, latest ipk files are installed and also plugins I do not need are removed via myrestore.sh script.

Once setup I do still need to use restore settings because when jedimaker installs it does delete its bouquets but no big deal.

Capture.PNG

• On the guide post to it might be best to update ATV7.0 7.1 is End of life. Feeds are still active but they will no longer receive updates

We will stop updating the 7.0 images on December 31, 2022

we then move testing to the 7.2 image and the 7.1 becomes the stable image.

The image download as well as the FEED will remain online after December 31, 2022, but

there will then no longer be any new updates.

An update from 7.0 to 7.1 should work for you without any problems, please use

Flash Online, you can use your settings during the update,

We will stop updating the 7.1 ARM images on January 28th, 2023

The image download as well as the FEED will remain online after January 28th, 2023, but

An update from 7.1 to 7.2 should work for you without any problems, please use

We will stop updating the 7.1 Mipsel images on January 19th, 2023

The image download as well as the FEED will remain online after January 19th, 2023, but

An update from 7.1 to 7.2 should work for you without any problems, please use

• Timeshift has to be on all the time if you want to rewind. And kicks in when you change a channel.

If timeshift is disabled, it starts recording only when paused.
    (automatically start timeshift after ... disabled/10 seconds etc)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• timeshift slows your box down, I personally wouldn't have it on all the time. And you can only rewind up to when you zapped to that channel.
    So you might as well just use pause unless its for rewatching sports moments. And obviously you need a big usb or hdd to record a longer chunk of time.

• timeshift slows your box down, I personally wouldn't have it on all the time. And you can only rewind up to when you zapped to that channel.
    So you might as well just use pause unless its for rewatching sports moments. And obviously you need a big usb or hdd to record a longer chunk of time.

Just tried it in auto did not like it back to normal just pressing pause I have internal hard drive. But my hand book is in german for the gigablue :))

on top of that all the changes made in openatv confusing now even when changing channels when you have been in timeshift :))

• When I used to use timeshift my settings were probably similar to this

Important one is to delay timeshift, i.e 30 seconds, so that way it doesn't load every zap. But only kicks in when you have settled on a channel
    Set your warnings and notifications to no. And timeshift action on zap to no. (Unless you want to save them)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• I have always had timeshift enabled automatically after 2 seconds. Have a 64gb usb connected to box. And it has worked fine and always been able to rewind live tv.

But I'm trialling a Zgemma H8.2H box at the moment and as soon as I enable timeshift my channel stream just freezes. Really annoying me as to why :dizzy face: . I've used many other zgemma boxes and never had an issue on them. Was just wondering if anyone had come across this before? Even with timeshift disabled if you try and pause live tv (IPTV stream) the box just locks up. I think its just an issue with this particular model.

• Here's the guide to Sort/rearrange menu items in OpenATV.

go into Menu and press 'BLUE' key on remote

Capture01.PNG

Select/highlight the menu item you want move using up/down arrow key

now press 'GREEN' key and move it up or down to your desired place using up/down arrow key and Press 'GREEN' key again to record the change

Capture03.PNG

repeat above steps for all the menu items you would like to sort or rearrange

finally press 'BLUE' key to save all the changes and exit the menu

Voila, it's all done.

This would work under Standby / Restart menu too :smiling face:

enjoy.

• ravstar , I have those details written down because I still forget how to change menu settings sometimes. But sometimes I just change skin to MetrixHD to make changes then change back to KiddaC skin once done on MetrixHD you can see the edit buttons on top of screen and there are a lot more menus that you can see available to edit because you will see the edit buttons on them.

• Anybody know how to mount gigablue with ATV image and my Synology Nas ?

And The Man In The Rain Picked Up His Bag Of Secrets

And Journeyed Up The Mountainside

Far Above The Clouds

And Nothing Was Ever Heard From Him Again

Except For The Sound Of TUBULAR BELLS

• I will open this thread for comments for the time being.

In case anyone with different knowledge has anything to add.

Don't post thank you posts.. Use the like buttons instead. ta

Just wanted to say thank you. Great thread that helped me set up my new SF8008 4k on Openatv 7.3 . Thanks for ALL the work you do, such as your apps and extensions which are keeping Enigma boxes alive. Great skin as well..the Slyk Q 1080 one. Keep going!

• A question for you, Maestro. Should I use both Jedimakerxtream AND xstreamity...or just one? I was using just jedi and that was good, now I have installed xstreamity and moved my line into that...works great but I have lost my bouquets? Do I copy the same line into both Jedi and xstreamity? Kindly advise? Many thanks.

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!