JediMaker feeds issue

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,803 times. The last Post () by urie.

• abu baniaz , are KiddaC feeds of line I have tried to manually download jedimaker for a while now but no joy

root@gbquad4k:~# opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream

* get_pkg_url: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream is not available from any configured src.

* opkg_download_cmd: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream.

• abu baniaz , are KiddaC feeds of line I have tried to manually download jedimaker for a while now but no joy

* get_pkg_url: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream is not available from any configured src.

* opkg_download_cmd: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream.

Looks ok here on OpenATV 7.3 20th May 2023

1_0_19_5230_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230523161242.jpg

Check opkg update to see if there's any issues with the feeds.

dear all

I tried to installed jedimakerxtream I downloaded it as (enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.11.20201126_all.ipk) and I copy it to path (/var/volatile/tmp/) and I execute this command (opkg install /var/volatile/tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.11.20201126_all) to install it but i get error

is there any way to install jedimakerxtream ? and how

pasted-from-clipboard.png  Screenshot 2023-05-21 072317.png

You are missing .ipk on the command line

opkg install /var/volatile/tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.11.20201126_all.ipk

Or just use the command from abu baniaz

• Official Post

abu baniaz , are KiddaC feeds of line I have tried to manually download jedimaker for a while now but no joy

No problem here

Code
    Welcome to openATV for zgemmah9sse
    openatv 7.3 zgemmah9sse

zgemmah9sse login: root
    Password:
    root@zgemmah9sse:~# opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream
    Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/h9se/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_1.01+git143+8d45653-r2_all.ipk.
    Downloaded enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream as enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_1.01+git143+8d45653-r2_all.ipk.
    root@zgemmah9sse:~#

You have not said which receiver or which image. If you perform an opkg update command, it should show you any issues.

• sorry, late to the party.
    I have never seen anyone type out the full address of an ipk to install it. :flushed face:

I am in the same boat as everyone else. And to clarify I do the same.

Copy all the ipk's I want to install into to tmp folder. Making sure any old stragglers are removed from there.

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk 

and if we got version issues, you just use

opkg install --force-reinstall /tmp/*.ipk 

and qatar2030 if I remember correctly without me checking. I am sure there is full instructions in all my plugin threads of how to install with the above methods.

Enigma2 KiddaC

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• just did opkg update

opkg update

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/3rdparty/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-3rdparty'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/all/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-all'.

Downloading http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/5.2/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-3rdparty-secret-feed'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/gb7252/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-gb7252'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/gb7252_3rdparty/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-gb7252_3rdparty'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/gbquad4k/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-gbquad4k'.

Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oe-alliance/picons-feed/gh-pages/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'oe-alliance-picon-feed'.

Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-settings-feed/master/feed/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'oe-alliance-settings-feed'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/STATIC/static-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-static-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4'.

Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/STATIC/static-gb7252/Packages.gz.

Updated source 'openatv-static-gb7252'.

root@gbquad4k:~#

Stb is gigablue quad uhd 4k with open atv 7.2 and 7.3

even xstreamity not available

root@gbquad4k:~# opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity

* get_pkg_url: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity is not available from any configured src.

* opkg_download_cmd: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity.

Yes no problem downloading via plugins / download/extensions

but I still try to download ones from sources not to install but to see if any changes to see if any changes to control files i.e preinst

#!/bin/sh

rm -rf /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists/playlist_all.json > /dev/null 2>&1

rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream > /dev/null 2>&1

rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*jmx*.* > /dev/null 2>&1

rm -rf /etc/epgimport/*jmx*.* > /dev/null 2>&1

sed -i '/jmx/d' /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv

exit 0

because as in discussion before jedimaker from feeds deletes all jedimaker bouquets and epgimporter files so I still use KiddaC versions available from download on this forum enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.22.25_all.ipk

I did try to explain this before but you asked me to post again in format you could understand, I did try to explain if on openatv and I do flash online with restore settings, settings are copied over but if jedimaker is downloaded from sources rather than one avaiable from

Harddisk/images/ipk folder enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.22.25_all.ipk

All jedi bouquets , epgimport e.t.c file are deleted so once system is up and running you need to select restore settings again.

KiddaC had removed preinst file from his git hub a while back but only control file is there.

• I am moving lots of files around on github, abu is busy trying to shadow me and keep things running.
    Don't expect all feeds to sync up yet. There will be a period of times when things might not work correctly from feeds.
    There has also been a discussion on oe-alliance github about rogue postrm files that they have never removed. So that should be resolved soon.
    Also future releases should only be my files as we have changed the way they are now tagged and released.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

I am going to move the posts into their own thread. so that qatar 2030 issue stays on its own. I will flash the GB Quad 4k with ATV 7.3 later and try again. There was an issue a few days ago with people using developer feeds. Maybe this is why.

If you are using the standalone ipks, why are you downloading the ipk from the image feeds?

The ipks built by image teams using bitbake files and they do not use "control file". The bitbake file creates the control file and pre/post files too.

As much as it may be claimed otherwise, the initial versions of kiddac's plugins had those remove lines. This is why they were added. If you want the post removal code removed, I'll remove it but it won't take effect until the next package build. ATV 7.2 won't be built any more from next week.

The confusions is caused by this, you say: "I don't use the files on plugin server." And you also say "The files on plugin server are doing X. " I asked if you have experienced this, and there was no answer. How can you reach this conclusion with such conflicting statements ? Nobody else has reported the issue. That does not mean there is no issue, but when someone ies a bit of information and somebody else gives a bit more, you can build a better picture. And as far as I have been advised, a package update should not invoke package removal code. The caveat is that I have to test it to confirm. So how do we do that? Kiddac has to commit a change for the package to be updated on the next image update.

To me you are reporting an issue to get it fixed. But inconclusive/incoherent/contradictory statements and a lack of comprehension hinders that process. Reporting the issue in another thread does not help either. And other commentators on that thread on GitHub do not perform updates, they flash newest built image that they build and re-install packages via the restore process.

KiddaC Apart from the bitbake files, we only use your files to build your packages.

• urie

I have just flashed GB Quad 4K and this is what I got

Code
    Welcome to openATV for gbquad4k
    openatv 7.3 gbquad4k
    gbquad4k login: root
    * opkg_download_cmd: Cannot find package enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream.

As this has just been flashed, I then did an opkg update so opkg status is updated

I then repeated actions. Completed successfully.

Code
    Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_1.01+git143+8d45653-r2_all.ipk.
    Downloaded enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream as enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_1.01+git143+8d45653-r2_all.ipk.

Xstreamiy fine too

Code
    Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.3/gb7252/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity_1.01+git353+2e12d79-r2_all.ipk.
    Downloaded enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity as enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity_1.01+git353+2e12d79-r2_all.ipk.

I don't know what is going on with your box, maybe try re-installing image in another partition. If you still have a issue do it again and do not restore anything.

• abu baniaz , just rebooted to another partition,

Code
     root@gbquad4k:~# opkg download enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker
    Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.2/gb7252/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker_3.3+git995+f68b8ec-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
    Downloaded enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker as enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker_3.3+git995+f68b8ec-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.

root@gbquad4k:~# opkg download enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin
    Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.2/gb7252/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin_1.11-git2+6780937-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
    Downloaded enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin as enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin_1.11-git2+6780937-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
    root@gbquad4k:~# opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport
    Downloading https://feeds2.mynonpublic.com/7.2/gb7252/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport_1.0+git275+6eb43b6-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
    Downloaded enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport as enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport_1.0+git275+6eb43b6-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.

but still no joy with jedimaker or xstreamity also tried opkg flag user enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream just in case I will try reinstalling clean image on this partition tomorrow

• Official Post

KiddaC

Do you want these removed?

E2Piconizer

Code
    pkg_postrm:${PN} () {
    #!/bin/sh
    echo "Removing E2Piconizer Plugin from the system ..."
    rm -r /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/E2Piconizer > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -r /etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer > /dev/null 2>&1
    exit 0
    }

JediMakerXtream

Code
    #!/bin/sh
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists/playlist_all.json > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*jmx*.* > /dev/null 2>&1
    rm -rf /etc/epgimport/*jmx*.* > /dev/null 2>&1
    sed -i '/jmx/d' /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv
    echo "Restart GUI to finish uninstall!"
    }

jediepgxtream

Code
    #!/bin/sh
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/jediepgxtream > /dev/null 2>&1
    echo "Restart GUI to finish uninstall!"
    }
  • abu baniaz , just rebooted to another partition,

but still no joy with jedimaker or xstreamity also tried opkg flag user enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream just in case I will try reinstalling clean image on this partition tomorrow

"Rebooted into another partition".

Does that mean you rebooted in an old ATV 7.2 which was already installed and presumably had some changes done

or

You just flashed ATV 7.2 into another slot and used the restore process to install ipks on your hdd as well as settings/plugins?

People use terms like "clean image" or "fresh flash". What does that mean please? If you flash an image that is created by an image team it is always clean! It is what you do after flashing the image is flashed that is important in determining what happens. Granted that the ATV "online flashing" process poses some questions which include clean. But, if you read the text, it says "after" flashing the image. For a person experiencing issues, I would say, flash an image, do not restore settings or plugins. For ATV users, select no to creating a settings backup. On next question select. "Clean ( just flash and start clean)". I am sure we will get to the bottom of the issue.

Does flashing a "dirty image" therefore imply flashing an image that was backed up?

Sorry, I don't know what the "flag" feature does.

• Official Post

To save you the trouble, I have just flashed ATV 7.2 (23/05/2023). I did not restore anything afterwards and started with a clean slate.

• To save you the trouble, I have just flashed ATV 7.2 (23/05/2023). I did not restore anything afterwards and started with a clean slate.

ok I started with online flash to empty slot3

flash empty slot 3.jpg

Selected no to backup settings

settings backup no.jpg

Then selected Clean Flash

clean flash.jpg

And when setting up selected no to restore settings

no restore.jpg

Just did basic setup , language time zone and network setup

then I did opgk update all ok

jedimakerxtream and xtreamity did download ok.

so then I thought I would try restoring settings and plugins once done I then did opkg update again

Jedimakerxtream and xtreamity did not download

Code
     * get_pkg_url: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity is not available from any configured src.
     * opkg_download_cmd: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity.

jedimakerxream and xtreamity were installed from my images/ipk folder there are versions available from this forum i,e,

enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.22.25_all.ipk

enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity_4.02.20230510_all.ipk

not the ones from feed

So I uninstalled these versions and installed the ones available via plugins > download Plugins > extensions

and now opkg download works again all I can think of is, it could be because there is no source for the plugins jedimakerxtream and xstreamity downloaded from the forum.

• Official Post

I can confirm that once you install the standalone ipk, there is an issue with downloading the package from the image's server.

However, opkg knows it is installed.

Code
    root@gbquad4k:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream
    Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream (6.21.20230107) installed in root is up to date.

I am presuming once the tags get added and bitbake files are amended, then there will be no issue with upgrades.

Uninstalling the package and then installing it is fine. I obviously can't upgrade.

I am still curious as to why the ipk is being downloaded instead of just installing the package from the image's plugin server. If you are using the standalone ipk, why bother with the one on the image's plugin server?

Once I install the one from the plugin server and then install/upgrade to the standalone ipk, this is what happens. However, I don't have any bouquets/playlists to check with.

• I also noticed that when uninstalling and after gui reboot

enigma2-plugin-extensions-jedimakerxtream_6.22.25_all.ipk

and

enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity_4.02.20230510_all.ipk

ipk's from forum

Plugin errors.jpg

I had to remove folders manually there were still files in them one thing I did notice is than now for some reason when I do flash online with restore settings.

jedimakerxtream .json files, bouquets, and epgimport files are restored and not deleted with plugin from feeds even though postrm file is present,

but if i uninstall jedimakerxtream these files are removed

• Official Post

Just to clarify..... when you restore, do you have ipks that are installed as part of the restoration process?

Please rephrase the last paragraph in post 15. It is imperative you describe one process at a time and not mention several and different things intertwined. I don't need pictures, just a coherent, logical, flowing description. Doing several things together complicates things.

Note:

The way opkg works is as follows: "opkg remove" will only remove items opkg added as part of the installation process. Any files that are created by the plugin or files are not removed. As an example, if a py file creates a pyc file, the pyc files will not be uninstalled. This is why some plugins have the postrm scripts (sections in bitbake files)

"Settings restore" from the images restores files that were saved. It is independent of plugins. If you subsequently and as a separate process install a plugin whichc has a removal script, uninstallattion of the plugin will remove the the listed files. That is a script being run, it is not opkg. The script is not restricted to what opkg does. Hypothetically speaking, you can create a plugin that has a removal script to erase files from your box.

• Not on openatv when you make a settings backup it also makes a list of installed plugins so when you flash image you have choice if i even to empty partition and restore settings it will ask if i want to install plugins that were previously installed.

Also there is flash online with which you can flash image with (upgrade (Flash & restore all)

and if you also have ipk files that may not be available on feeds but stored in Hard disk /images/ipk folder the will also be installed.

installed list from settings backup

• Flash online essentially just flashes image. The restoration process happens after new image is flashed. It is separate but called upon. As is the creation of settings/Plugins backup. The choices may cause the fast restore process to start after the new image is flashed.

Yes you are right. The restoration of previously installed plugins is just a re-installation from the images plugin server. That applies to all images. ATV also offers you the option to choose plugins.

The complication in this whole issue is the standalone ipk versions you are "restoring" . Can you please answer these questions :

Do you want Kiddac's ipks or the ones built on images plugin server?

Why are you downloading ipk from the images team plugin server?

• The ones from images plugin server will do

I was downloading ipk files from images plugin server to compair control , postrm e.t.c files

normally it was just jedimakerxtream

• Official Post

So that we are on even keel, for the items/plugins that are available on the image's plugin server, can you please delete any ipks that being will installed from your hdd. Shared skin components, etc. I am quite confident that is what is interfering with identifying and resolving this issue. Nobody else has reported the problem, I would like to get it fixed for you and everyone else.

Vu+ DUO 4K SE DVB-S2X FBC Twin Tuner PVR Linux Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!