JediMaker feeds issue

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,939 times. The last Post () by urie.

• So that we are on even keel, for the items/plugins that are available on the image's plugin server, can you please delete any ipks that being will installed from your hdd. Shared skin components, etc. I am quite confident that is what is interfering with identifying and resolving this issue. Nobody else has reported the problem, I would like to get it fixed for you and everyone else.

I have since removed certain plugins on hard drive that are now available on feeds and yes perhaps Shared skin components I had ,

enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-kiddac-shared-skin_1.11_all.ipk from forum on my hard drive but I did notice from fast restore log a few days ago that one from feeds had been since updated.

so now only plugins not available from feed that I have on hard drive are :

Code
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor (3.80) on root.
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieplannermod (4.02.20211228) on root.
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod (3.1) on root.
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-quarterpounder (6.2.0u) on root.
    Installing enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-toppicks (6.2.20221227) on root.

this is from 7.2 fast restore

but I will still install enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19 from hard drive because I know skin has not been updated yet I know yourself and KiddaC are still working on varoius things :smiling face:

• Official Post

Noted.

Just for information: Whether what people think the version number changes or not, the ones on the image's plugin sever was always built using latest files from Kiddac's GitHub. It was always updated whenever an image was build was run. ATV build almost every day. The version number did actually update, it was the section after Git. If you are implying the number now matches what Kiddac uses, that is because he has finally started to use Tags and the bitbake files used to build them now uses that too.

but I will still install enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19 from hard drive because I know skin has not been updated yet

I don't understand your reasoning. Or rather maybe I am not explaining it properly. Unless the files on GitHub are different to what kiddac is using to make the ipk he has uploaded on forum, they will be identical. There was only a pause in re-building them for a few days.

• Official Post

For the one built by images, I have removed the delete lines for file sin /etc/enigma2. I had to re-add the script to remove the plugin folder, but it is a moot point. opkg would have removed it anyway. I have asked Captain to improve the bitbake file to further improve it. I did not increase the version as that would have forced an update and deleted files. So the next will use the current postrm, subsequent one will use the newer one.

For the standalone ipk, KiddaC adds the Py files so that plugins works on different versions of python. The .py file compile .pyo or .pyc files. The .pyc/pyo files were not added by opkg, so that is why they remain. So part of plugin remains, KiddaC will have to add/modify a postrm file for that issue.

• For the one built by images, I have removed the delete lines for file sin /etc/enigma2. I had to re-add the script to remove the plugin folder, but it is a moot point. opkg would have removed it anyway. I have asked Captain to improve the bitbake file to further improve it. I did not increase the version as that would have forced an update and deleted files. So the next will use the current postrm, subsequent one will use the newer one.

For the standalone ipk, KiddaC adds the Py files so that plugins works on different versions of python. The .py file compile .pyo or .pyc files. The .pyc/pyo files were not added by opkg, so that is why they remain. So part of plugin remains, KiddaC will have to add/modify a postrm file for that issue.

Sorry perhaps I did not explain correcty I did flash online on openatv 7.2 and 7.3 yesterday without using ipk skin files from my hard drive but let them install from feeds

enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19 installed on open atv 7.2 but did not install on 7.3

And on 7.3 it was not available in plugins download >skins but and yes I did look on github and noticed enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19 had been added.

So now I have just came in and booted into other slot with open atv7.3 and noticed enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19 is now available in plugins download > skins so I have installed manually from plugin > skins now trying flash online with setting restore to latest openatv 7.3 version.

Update on progress:

Yes now slyk1080r19 has installed from feeds via online flash :smiling face:

• oktus

Changed the title of the thread from “Urie JediMaker feeds issue” to “JediMaker feeds issue”.
  • abu baniaz I noticed commit 7511754

[Kiddac plugins] cleanup only files include with ipk

All user files are now left i,e, jedimaker bouquets, jedimaker epgimport files

and in etc/enigma2/jediplaylists folder the playlist_all.json which is user file is also kept that is great :smiling face:

but user jediplaylist.txt file is removed not so good

rm -rf /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists/*.txt > /dev/null 2>&1

and

rm -rf /etc/enigma2/jedimakerxtream/*.txt > /dev/null 2>&1 don't think needed at the moment but perhap for upcomming new version

as you will know playlists.txt file can be restored via restore settings if needed but if you do not have backup then playlists.txt file needs to edited and providers added manually.

• Yeah we can remove the postrm. With that nature of some of my plugins saving user files in the etc folder. Not everybody wants a post uninstall clean up. Especially the etc folders. The other postrm was just to remove any compiled files left overs.

Delete them all. And if they exist in my local files I will remove them too.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• we have remove postrm script too openatv 7.3 feed

Just to add to this, this is on OE- Alliance branch 5.3. So all images will affect the images built from that branch onwards.

I don't think any more images will be built from 5.2 branch, so those "feeds" won't be updated.

abu baniaz and Captain thanks for information on postrm script :smiling face: also noticed openatv 7.2 EOL now so I take it that was 5.2 branch and branch 5.3 is openatv 7.3.

• Just one thing postrm script removed i miss understood I thought it had been edited as KiddaC mentioned he did not wan't anything from e.t.c that was from his plugins removed i,e should not have been kept with just example from jedimaker

Code
    rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediMakerXtream > /dev/null 2>&

So as to remove extension folder or is that not needed because files were left when ipk from furum was used one with no postrm script as in my post here RE: JediMaker feeds issue

• Can you please stop cross referencing/mixing up. Even your previous post (25) was impossible because the plugin was not updated on server. Can we please deal with one thing at time?

Note 1.

The bitbake files ( what is used to create the plugins on the image's plugin sever) were originally created to copy exactly what kiddac had in his ipks.

Note 2:

opkg will remove what it added

Note 3.

Kiddac's standlaone ipk adds the .py files so it works on all versions. The .py file creates .pyc files or .pyo files. When you uninstall his standalone version, opkg will remove the files that it added, but it wont touch the .pyo/.pyc files or the other files that the plugin creates.

EDIT:

I have installed the plugin from the server, started it, then uninstalled it. The extension folder was deleted . The sub-directories in /etc were not removed. Isn't this what we wanted?

• I need to apologise :flushed face: I had not uninstalled jedimaker or xtreamity but I have since done that and correct extensions folders were removed I had just looked at the changes in commit files.

Yes this is what we wanted :smiling face:

• Official Post

Always better to describe exactly what was done, what happened, what you expected to happen. Gets to solution quicker and easier.

Apolology accepted, we are good.

KiddaC may want to keep the postrm script for his standalone ipk to deal with remnant pyo/pyc. Even if he does not, it should not affect people updating his standalone ones. Only people uninstalling would be affected.

Second, hopefully he can push the tags to remaining plugins so that bitbake files can be adapted to read version number from them.

• abu baniaz , as you will know a lot of members will still download IPK's from forum but that is normally to give feedback to KiddaC when he has made changes as in developing or fixes before they are released to github but that just the way things are , but thank you for your understanding even though I may explain things not correctly.

• Official Post

So what is the problem? Please spell it out.

Scenario 1.

Person installs a standalone ipk.

No problems found.

Kiddac uploads changes to GitHub.

Images will incorporate those changes on next image build.

Person still has got standalone version installed which has a higher version number.

Person performs a software update, enigma2 and other plugins ae updated, but not the kiddac plugin because it is higher version

Scenario 2.

Person installs a standalone ipk.

Problems found.

Kiddac makes changes.

New standalone ipk created

Person installs the news standalone ipk. I am presuming there is no problem with this process

No problems found.

Person still has got standalone version installed which has a higher version number.

Person performs a software update, enigma2 and other plugins ae updated, but not the kiddac plugin because it is higher version

Scenario 3.

Person installs a version from plugin server

Person performs a software update (not flash new image and restore )

Enigma2 and plugins are updated ( including Kiddac plugins). No user files are removed

Scenario 4.

Irrespective of whether a person has used a standalone version of kiddac's plugin or from plugin server.

Person flashes a new image choosing the restore/upgarde process. He does not include manual ipks in the backup folder. MUST NOT PUT IPK IN RESTORE FOLDER

Receiver flashes new image, reboots.

Fastrestore process re-adds items in /etc/enigma2/... and then re-installs the latest plugins from the plugin server

Receiver reboots on latest image with last version of plugin on image's plugin server

Please spell it out without mixing up processes.

Vu+ DUO 4K SE DVB-S2X FBC Twin Tuner PVR Linux Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!