UK/IT/DE -- DASH

There are 136 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,660 times. The last Post () by gazz12345.

• No keys have been changed.

TLDR from what I've already written: Germany and Italy have PlayReady-only streams, but theres a widevine license URL that provides the keys using widevine of course instead of PlayReady.

UK has also Widevine officially enabled, so I don't see UK having even the possibility to fix this anytime soon (even if they change keys, someone will grab them again). But other countries can fix this issue within 24 hours.

Not to mention that change encryption keys takes literally 30 seconds :)

Widevine should be completely removed or atleast redesigned immediately, but that's not possible cause devices have burned certificates inside and broadcasters can't simply make their apps not working anymore on most of the devices.

Apparently Sky has something REALLY wrong inside to don't take any action against that. But that's not my business.

I've warned them and gave them also a LOT of other intel (not everything has been published in the articles), so enjoy the streams for free directly from their CDNs cause I don't see them taking any action in the near future.

• We cant enjoy them lol, something has changed on many of the channels, all they do is pixelate which suggests a key change. However if you say this is not possible then theyve changed something else already. Some channels still work but many do not from this morning.

• Pleaes tell me what channel you're trying to open cause I've literally opened 3 random channels from IT/UK/DE and they all worked.

• Apparently, Sky UK has changed some channels encryption keys.

Everything is still working on IT/DE

I'll be investigating if Sky has done something in order to block how they were getting grabbed.

Incase nothing has changed, I'll update them.

• Only keys that are being changed are the UK ones and the manifest still indicate that Widevine is enabled.

So it will be a matter of time before the keys will be updated

This is what seems to have happened,

Gold HD

- Key Change

Boomerang HD

BT Sport 1 HD

BT Sport 2 HD

BT Sport 3 HD

BT Sport 4 HD

Cartoon Network HD

Cartoonito

Channel 4

Comedy Central HD

Discovery Channel HD

MTV HD

National Geographic SD

Nicktoons

Sky Arts HD

Sky Atlantic HD

Sky Cinema Action HD

Sky Cinema Animation HD

Sky Cinema Greats HD

Sky Comedy HD

Sky Crime HD

Sky Documentaries HD

Sky History 2 HD

Sky History HD

Sky Nature HD

Sky Sports Arena HD

Sky Sports Cricket HD

Sky Sports Golf HD

Sky Sports Main Event HD

Sky Witness HD

It's "normal" to see them changing the keys or the urls (404 for UK Gold ? Bug ?), that's the easy bit to do... replacing boxes/STB or Encryption is a "no way", they would need to fix the bugs on the Encryption/Decryption side (server/box keys extraction). Probably a new firmware is enough (depending of where is the weakness), but this could take few months to have it going thru all the tests... to go then in production/live.

TS

• Here you are:

Code
    https://github.com/skydunker1337/skyit-free
    https://github.com/skydunker1337/skyuk-free
    https://github.com/skydunker1337/skyde-free

Only a part of Sky UK keys got changed. Italy and germany are perfectly working :)

Alla fine, questa sezione è italiana, giusto?

Replying to Kodi questions:

Kodi has PlayReady support (InputStream.Adaptive) but the device running it on must have PlayReady of course.

• Why use github when you know they will take it down?

Are the keys going to be updated?

Because I like to make new GitHub accounts and I like to update the counter of takedowns from Sky instead of them taking proper actions :)

The keys will be updated (by me) when they've changed them all & if they can still be grabbed exactly the same way they got grabbed.

So far they just changed some of them, and only in UK.

Please note also that I am not 100% interested in bashing Sky till the dead (that wasn't at all my goal in the beginning as many of you probably understood) and that I am not the only one who found out how to grab those decryptions keys using simply a Widevine certificate (in fact I've found that out way after the real "pirates" did)

Aaaand nothing stops you from saving the READMEs just incase so you don't lose them

Ciao!

• Why wait to update the Sky UK keys ? I think everyone will be waiting a long time if you do, Sky UK always operate like this, only changing part of something in order to make people do exactly what you are doing and wait, meaning people cannot enjoy things properly. This tactic has been used by them for years and I doubt it will change now.

• In fact it's the best tactic, in such cases... I called it always "Guerilla", doing things for continuous disturbance.

TS

• I think you are referring to the countermeasures they fire on satellite during events, that's for sure not the case.

Not sure if you realized that you can watch all italian and germany channels for free still, and half of the UK channels without any problem

What a nice way to fight piracy

I wont post any new decryption key for UK yet and this post was made in the italian section (or it could be german section) for a specific reason.

Italian and germany keys aren't supposed to be grabbed using Widevine. That's the real vulnerability.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!