anyway to set up auto scan of tv channels from emily moor transmitter ?

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 967 times. The last Post () by the goat.

• hi folks

got a zgemma 9H2H which i use as the TV's aerial feed (tv aerial tuner not working) i've had lots of glitching on lots of channels, it appears to be when the zgemma box does an auto scan its picking up the weaker signals from Belmont trans mitter and using them as its programme list

so is there a pluggin or app that i can use that will auto scan just the channels from emily moor ( channels, 32,34,41, 44,47,51,52,56)

yasi can do a manual scan on each channel but I'm sure one of the clever folks have made an auto function

• Official Post

Please upload the files both plugins create so that we can update them. Terrestrial scan plugin will create a terrestrial.xml. ABM will create a provider file.

Just for future reference, manual scan allows you to select/specify what you scan. But you would have to select one frequency at a time.

Terrestrial scan plugin is better that the scanning in Enigma2 as it probes all the frequencies and uses only those that have services and prefers stronger ones. It uses same logic as Frequency finder in ABM.

• Please upload the files both plugins create so that we can update them. Terrestrial scan plugin will create a terrestrial.xml. ABM will create a provider file.

Just for future reference, manual scan allows you to select/specify what you scan. But you would have to select one frequency at a time.

Terrestrial scan plugin is better that the scanning in Enigma2 as it probes all the frequencies and uses only those that have services and prefers stronger ones. It uses same logic as Frequency finder in ABM.

where are these files stored ? Terrestrial scan plugin will create a terrestrial.xml. ABM will create a provider file.

• found the terrestrial xml file, but can't find ABM provider file, looked in eTC/Enigma folder and ETC/Enigma/ABM folderterrestrial.xml

did you enable DVB-T frequency finder in AutoBouquetsmaker ? and run it last time I used it was in 2019 but thinngs have changed file maybe in ,

etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker folder or in one of the subfolders.

• yes enabled frequency find in ABM,

couldn't find the providers file in either etc/enigma2 or etc/enigma2/abm

the link not working for me (I'm logiged into Techkings but comes up with "oops we ran into probelm" message

• yes enabled frequency find in ABM,

couldn't find the providers file in either etc/enigma2 or etc/enigma2/abm

the link not working for me (I'm logiged into Techkings but comes up with "oops we ran into probelm" message

my mistake did not realise link was there iv'e now removed it could you not read the information i posted hopefully abu baniaz mey be on to give you more info

• Terrestrial scan will create a terrestrail.xml file in /etc/enigma2

I see you found it. You will need to zip them before you can attach to the forum.

EDIT:

ABM's frequency finder should create a terrestrial_finder.xml in following location

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Linux is case sensitive, so just paste those paths or open a folder one by one instead of typing.

• had a look at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers no new/modified files in all the ABM folders there,

having checked the signals I'm getting in dreambox edit

I'm pointting towards emily moor

these are not emily moor

486 mhz ch 22

490 mhz ch 23

682 mhz ch28

506 mhz

514 mhz

570 mhz

634 mhz

658 mhz

682 mhz

on Channel 47 658 mhz from emily moor there is a lot of glitching

on channels 22, 23, 28 lots of breakups, but these are the channels that are picked by the autoscans as my main channels

• Official Post

I don't know why you are using Dreamboxedit. Receiver has signal finder and surely is better. Never mind.

Not sure why ABM's frequency finder did not create a provider file for you, lets forget it for now. I would appreciate it later.

Can you please also say which image you are using. If ATV, please say the date too

Please follow these instruction

1. In tuner configuration, set the tuner as "My local region". This will be from the xml Terrestrial Scan created for you.

2. Then remove Terrestrial services.

With no menus showing, press UP (above OK, near middle of remote), the service list/bouquets will be shown

Press Green for Satellites/orbital

Highlight Terrestrial services

Press Menu

Remove/delete the Terrestrial services

Confirm the removal

Restart

3. After the receiver restarts, please stay away from Automatic scan. Do not use ABM either.

4. Select Manual scan. Select the tuner for Terrestrial.

Individually, select and scan the multiplexes for Emley Moor .

5. Once completed, restart the box. check all the Terrestrial Services . It is important you do not use the bouquets, use the Service list. Do not press the EPG button.

6. If everything is in order, transfer lamedb to PC, zip it and attach it here.

• carried out as above, using channels 47 44 41 33 36 48 the scan didn't pick up any programmes on channel 44 ?

now i have NO HD programmes ? (are they all on channel 44)

lamedb.rarlamedb.rar

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!