Certain channels like ViaplayXtraHD are causing saturated pixelation (glitches) for more than a month now since buying this receiver!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 681 times. The last Post () by lonigan257.

• Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this problem.

Just over a month ago I bought the OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X from World of Satellite UK as I'm from London.

Every 10-20 minutes approximately, half of the screen will be covered with this pixelation!

As you can imagine this is particularly distressing and has been persisting for the last 1 month since buying the Octagon SF8008 4K 2X DVBS2X receiver.
    ap3vMEgl.jpg
    bFM1w1t.gif

At first I thought this is a problem only with OSCAM and NCAM channels. But this is happening even in Free to Air channels like ViaPlay Xtra and BBC News HD on Astra 28.2 Degrees and DW English HD Hotbird 13 Degree East!

The problem is that this appears to not be related to signal as I'm receiving 100% SNR and 100% AGC.
    yW4MnV6l.jpg

Only around 10 days in the middle of last month the problem was not present but then it manifested itself again 2 weeks ago. I first thought that this is a broadcast problem that was resolved but it returned again. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that for over a month a problem like this can persist without Viaplay actually fixing the broadcast defect. The fact it is happening in BBC News HD and DW English HD suggests that there is fault somewhere.

Not to mention that I also experience sometimes all of a sudden stuttering, but in this particular channel (Viaplay Xtra). After a few minutes it becomes smooth again only for it to go back to stuttering mode once again. When I change the channel and return back then the problem disappears and will be smooth again for hours.

I changed HDMI cable with the one supplied with the Octagon receiver but this doesn't solve the problem. I also lowered the 4K resolution setting down to 1080P from the Openvix settings but that has not made a difference at all.

As I am more than 30 days I won't be able to return the receiver for a refund. Anyone knows what's going on? I also unplugged the Ethernet LAN cable to rule out OSCAM/NCAM as the culprits. Though, not sure if they have to be disabled as well. I do note that the processor does overheat and become 71-78 degrees celcius, not sure if this has anything to do with this as this receiver doesn't seem to have an inbuilt fan.

I previously used the Technomate TM5402 receiver for 12 years without problems! I'm willing to test the old receiver again just as an experiment.

There isn't a day without seeing any of these glitches. Also I don't understand why Viaplay Xtra has this problem but not the other channels under the same transponder like Talk TV HD and QUEST HD. They seem to be fine.

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • Octagon have hardware multiboot , try install some other images in slot 2 , 3 , 4 .. like OpenAtv .. Pure2 , Obh

Just to eliminate Openvix causing this troubles

I also own this box ,and like levi45 said , no issues like this

• Maybe its just something in the line of sight of the satellite. Pigeon flock? Bad weather.
    Maybe your tuner is packing in
    Maybe your coaxial connectors could do with a re-end.

Maybe your box just needs to cool down. Turn it off for a night.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• So after almost one month since I last posted, I have some news. I have partially solved the problem but not completely!

I bought an EasyAcc USB Fan Electronic Cooling Fans Quietly Cool 125mm DC 5V Computer Fan with 3 Adjustable from Amazon UK.

I then placed the fan on top of the receiver and when the temperatures dropped between 42-46 degrees celcius. The frequency of this pixelation stopped. I don't get it every 10-20 minutes like before. I could then watch some days full 5 hours in a row and no glitching in Viaplay Xtra HD.

But the other day the glitching returned again! This time I tested and after 45 minutes or at 4:12am and then 4:15am and 4:20am within the space of 8 minutes I had 3 glitches. First 2 glitches were pixelated lines, but the 3rd one had this same pink glitch for half a second.

I then switched back to the inbuilt TV tuner and noticed the inbuilt tuner also had the same glitches!! So, it is possible there is a fault with the channel itself. I emailed support but they haven't responded to my email.

But the problem is that yesterday when I watched WION HD (Free to Air) on Sky Astra 2G following its new transponder after 38 minutes there was again another pixelation during TV advertisement. However, instead of it being pink, it was translucent green. I checked the CPU temperature and it was 44 degrees celcius.

The difference is that it just doesn't happen 10-20 minutes with the new USB fan. So there's definitely temperature triggering this when above 60 degrees this causes pixelation more frequently.

Also with oscam/ncam when viewing channels like Eurosport 1/2 HD on Hotbird this pixelation will also occur when channels freeze and then unfreeze. That I understand it could be card share server being weak causing these pixelations. But with old Technomate TM5402 these pixelations would not occur.

Also on Hotbird when quick zapping from one channel to another also sometimes causes pixelation for 1 second after switching but then normalizes after. But other occasions this will not happen.
    Also on Hotbird there are VOD channels https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=VOD There are massive pixelations throughout the screen at all times when viewing VOD 202 to 208 and they are even Free to Air, not sure if this is problem with the channels themselves or the receiver. Signal will show 90+%!

• I have seen this same problem on my Octagon SF8008 4K UHD and have decided it is a signal strength problem. On the screen of Signal Finder, there is a little box under the three bars that says Locked. When I see the pixelation I notice that the green check mark in the box is going on and off, like the receiver is having trouble locking in the signal. This happens when when the signal strength is the same on another transponder that is not having trouble. Also the bottom bar is about errors and most of the time it is a steady 0, but will flash numbers when the signal doesn't lock.

I have managed to reduce the problem by tuning the dish (10ft c-band) left, right on the receiver, and also out at the dish , up and down. Or it could be aliens messing with us!

:alien:

Octagon SF8008 :dish:

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!