Bouquet Maker Xtream - IPTV Bouquet Maker (new 2023)

There are 280 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 88,884 times. The last Post () by urie.

• BouquetMakerXtream (BMX) - Official Release.
    V1.16-20240401

Only took me 2 years.....maybe 3 :smiling face:

A plugin to allow the easy creation of bouquets for IPTV playlists.

Based on my original JediMakerXtream plugin, but completely rewritten and code modernised.

BouquetMakerXtream should be compatible with all images and boxes.

• Create bouquets for Xtream Codes / XUI One
    • Create bouquets for external m3u8 playlists.
    • Create bouquets for local m3u8 playlists.
    • Categories and individual channels can be hidden
    • Auto update option
    • Picons download option
    • Catchup option via ChannelSelect screen (not EPG guide) for Xtream/XUI playlists if your provider has it.

• This plugin does not contain any playlists or channels. All IPTV playlists need to be sourced by user.
    • IPTV is perfectly legal - IPTV providers/playlists that contain unscrambled encrpyted channels are illegal. User is responsible for any downloaded playlist content.
    • We do not discuss IPTV providers on this forum.
    • I don't recommend, promote or have an affiliation with any provider. Questions regarding IPTV providers will be ignored/deleted.
    • Do not post IPTV provider names, provider URLs, provider IP addresses, or screenshots that identify providers in this thread.
    • Check any posted crash logs do not contain any of your provider, username & password details.
    • It is recommend you use a VPN with any IPTV plugin. VPN use is not the topic of this thread.

Do not post personal MOD code in this thread, including different functionality, different skins etc. It confuses me, it confuses users.
    Also we test most code on multiple images and boxes. Modifications might work on your setup, but may crash other peoples.
    Start a new thread if need be quoting it is a mod and what images/box it is has been tested on.

Installation

openpli 8.3+ please install from plugin feeds first to load required dependencies.
    Then you can load the latest from this forum over the top.

BouquetMakerXtream is available in lots of image feeds under plugins / download plugins / extensions. The 100% latest version can always be found on post 1 of this thread. Feeds are sometimes a little behind.

How to manually install .ipk on OE-Alliance images via telnet

To manually install, copy ipk to tmp folder

then telnet/ putty

opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

How to manually install .deb on DreamOS via telnet

To manually install, copy ipk to tmp folder

then telnet/ putty

dpkg -i /tmp/*.deb

apt-get update

apt-get install -f

press Y key to finish installation when asked

Dependencies

In the majority of cases the plugin will automatically install all the required dependencies required for BouquetMakerXtream.

Rarely this fails and the user will need to ensure all dependencies are installed currently via telnet/putty

If you are getting repeated dependencies console screen. Try these commands

Python 2

opkg install python-requests

opkg install python-multiprocessing

opkg install python-image

opkg install python-imaging

opkg install wget Full wget is required for https lines and used by the download manager.

python 3

opkg install python3-requests

opkg install python3-pillow

opkg install wget Full wget is required for https lines and used by the download manager.

Dreamboxes - Python 2

apt-get -y install python-requests

apt-get -y install python-image

apt-get -y install python-imaging

apt-get -y install wget Full wget is required for https lines and used by the download manager.

Dreamboxes - Python 3

apt-get -y install python3-requests

apt-get -y install python3-multiprocessing

Show your support :smiling face with hearts:Coffee/Beer kitty links :hot beverage: :clinking beer mugs:

https://paypal.me/kiddac

https://ko-fi.com/kiddac

paypal.png                         kofi.png

• Gallery

There are numerous skins available via main settings which match up with my popular skins. Default skin shown below.

Main Menu - No providers

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Main Settings

Add Playlist

Main Menu - provider added

Playlists

Xstream/XUI ONE Playlists - Info Screen

Bouquet Settings

Category and Channel Selection

Main Menu - After bouquets have been created

Main settings - Catchup options. Needs turning on.

Channel Select screen for catchup - Most images its down keypad button.

Catchup List - Triggered by Stop, List, PVR, Video, File or FAV buttons

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• KiddaC

Closed the thread.
  • How to use BouquetMakerXtream (BMX)

See screen shots above for reference.

BouquetMakerXtream has no playlists in it.
    All playlists have to be sourced by user.

Main Settings

• playlists.txt location - the playlists.txt file can be placed anywhere or even shared with my other plugins.
    • Local M3U File location - plugin can play local m3u8 playlists. This folder of playlists can be placed anywhere.
    • Automatic live bouquet update - plugin uses epg importer to import the epg. This is the time my plugin will redownload and refresh the provider channels to be used by epg importer. The EPG is downloaded at the time set in EPG Importer. Set this value earlier than EPG importer time.
    • Live/VOD/Series Stream types - All providers are different. Some play better with 1, most play better with 4097, ideally though use service app and use exteplayer 5002. Dreambox users also have the option of DreamOS gstreamer 8193. These are the default types for any new providers added. These values can be individually changed for each provider in Bouquet Settings.
    • Max channels - The defaults should be fine for most users. If you are a power user and want 20000+ channels, there is an unlimited option.
    • Group bouquets into its own folder - Have a parent group in bouquets with sub bouquets inside that. i.e. iptv2023 folder with individual bouquet folders inside that. Useful if using mutiple playlists.
    • Parental Control - This does not stop adult channels. This prevents the settings and bouquet creation being accessed unless the adult pin is entered. It is up to the user to hide adult channels in the selection screen.
    • Exit plugin on bouquet creation - If the is on, the plugin exits after creating bouquets. If this is off, the plugin returns to the playlists screen.

Main Settings - Catchup

• As catchup is taking over a core component of your box. Catchup needs to be turned on by user. It is off by default
    • Prefix Catchup channels - this is the symbol used in channelselect so you can identify which channels your provider has catchup for.
    • Margins - This adds a time margin before and after the catchup time slot. I.e. Starts 5 minutes earlier. Finishes 5 mins later.

Add Playlists

Add a playlist via main menu, or you can manually add a playlist to the file.
    /etc/enigma2/bouquetmakerxtream/playlists.txt

Xtream/XUI ONE playlists

In the format
    https://domain.xyz:8001/get.php?username=user&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts #iptv2023

Port can be blank if your provider doesn't have a port number.
    type can be m3u or m3u_plus/
    output can be ts or m3u8 (not hls or mpegts).

if you want to add a name here. space hash name. As shown in the example. Avoid hyphens and underscores where possible. It might cause confusion

External playlists
    Must be in standard m3u8 format

#EXTM3

#EXTINF:-1 blahblahblah

http://blahblahbla

#EXTINF:-1 blahblahblah

http://blahblahblah

Can be any url, shortlinks, bitly etc as long as it starts with http:// or https://
    If copying from pastebin or github etc. Use the raw address

Make Bouquets

Each playlist has its own individual bouquet settings. Each provider is different. So select your preferred stream type for that provider, and which options, live, vod, series you wish to show.

User alternative EPG url: This option is only if your provider recommends an alternative epg address other than xtream default. Channels have IDs in them that are referenced in the EPG data. You cannot just use random EPGs for providers. They have to match. My other plugin JediEPGXtream can be used to assign 3rd party epg to IPTV channels if you are missing EPG data.

The whole point of this plugin is to only select the channels and/or streams that your are likely to watch.
    Who really wants 20000 worldwide channels. Nobody. The more you select, the slower to build.

There is a screen for each category selected to be shown. Live / Vod / Series.
    Press ok to hide the categories or channels you wish to hide.
    If you wish to start blank, press the yellow button to invert all the selected ones to hidden. Then add only the ones you want.
    All hidden categories/channels are remembered next time you go to make bouquets. Newly added channels will be classed as unhidden.

When you have finished your selection, finally press OK and your bouquets will be built.
    To open user created bouquets you need to exit out of the plugin to main tv, and then open channelselect screen. (keypad down). Then blue button (favourites) to find your bouquets.

Do note there is a limit on the amount of Live, VOD and Series you can download. There is a setting for this in Main Settings.
    Experiment with these values if all your bouquets are not being shown.

EPG Importer

Once you have created your bouquets. There will be a folder in EPG Importer sources.
    You need to tick the checkbox to add it to EPG importers schedule.

You can wait for EPG importer automatic update, or you can do a manual update of selected sources if you wish to see EPG straight away.

My plugin is designed to work only with the original EPG Importer plugin. Not mods of it, or crossepg.

Catchup / MediaTek

Due to nearly every provider doing something different with the main epg nowadays and its getting very hard to reference this epg screen on all images, the catchup option has been moved to channelselect screen. Most providers still have very similar code for this screen and is easy to reference. This also prevents any clashes with my JediMakerXtream Plugin or other plugins that are manipulating the main EPG screen.

A reminder Catchup needs to be turned on in main settings.

To view catchup channels.

• Visit channelselect screen (keypad down - on most images)
    • Press blue button (Favourties)
    • Enter your IPTV Bouquet.
    • Look for channels with your catchup prefix symbol. (I assume you have this symbol turned on)
    • Press one of the trigger buttons to open up the catchup list. Stop, List, PVR, VIDEO, FILE or FAV
    • Select the programme you wish to watch
    • Your programme will play in movie player. - You might need to edit movie player plugin settings to allow the exit key to exit the player.

Picon Downloader

work in progress

• FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

General Questions

Is this plugin a clone of JediMakerXtream

No - Jedi became far too complicated. This is a new plugin, totally new modern code.

There is no plans at the moment to have a name swap - this was originally put in due to UK Virgin cable channels and to allow channels to pick up epg from Rytec. Since then I wrote JediEpgXtream plugin which allows the assigning of epg to iptv channels. So that code no longer needs to be in this plugin

Main Menu Options

• Menu options are conditional. They only appear when that option is available.
    • Playlists will only appear if you have added a playlst via the plugin or playlists.txt file
    • Delete & Picon Downloader will only appear after you have created at least one bouquet of channels

Bouquet Creation

Best practice
    On selecting channels - It is probably best to invert the category selections (yellow button). Then only select the channels you want. That is the entire point of the plugin
    Selections are remembered so you can always add or remove more if required.

Missing channels after creation

In main settings there are options to set the maximum amount of channels to download per category type. Live and VOD are reasonably quick. Series is slow to create. It is highly recommended you do not set "Series" to 0 No Limit. It will probably freeze your box and fail to create.

Picon Downloader

Why are some picons missing?

• Pillow library cant process SVGs. So I only process jpegs and pngs.
    • If picon source is too big, I ignore it. Can be changed in main settings.
    • If picon source is an image builder url, with no mention of jpg or png in the url. I ignore it.
    • If picon source is corrupt. I try and ignore it.
    • Dead picon source urls - provider issue

Picons are too small

Unfortunately all providers are different. I reduce large picons to the correct size, but I do not enlarge small picons. This will just make them blurry.
    If picons are too small this is purely because the source images are too small.

Picon Locations

Most images have set folders where picons are meant to be placed. Each image is different so google your images picon location

Picon Symlinks
    If you want to create a symlink/shortcut from one location to another so your image can pick up this location, the telnet/putty syntax is
    ln -s /media/hdd/picon /usr/share/enigma2
    ln -s [new-location] [original-location]

Picon Folder clashes.
    You cannot have 2 active picon locations as far as I believe.
    Delete any picon files and "picon" folder from other known locations for your image. Use only one location globally for your box.

Picon priorities

SRP picons will override and take precedence over SNP picons.

LCD Picons
    There is no code in the plugin to create seperate LCD picons.
    I do not have a box with a LCD. So this will not be a thing in this plugin.

Embedded Base64 Picons
    Nope that unnecessary bulky code just gets ignored. I doubt hardly any IPTV apps actually use them. Waste of time.

General Picon Questions
    I am not a picon expert on these boxes. Questions relating to your image default locations, formats etc etc is what google is for.

Playing Streams

The streams are played via your enigma2 libraries. This is not a standalone IPTV player. Use my Xtreamity plugin if you want an IPTV player.
    If a stream is black, no audio, buffering, or has noise artifacts. There is not a lot I can do about that.
    Do try different stream types. 1, 4097, 5001, 5002(serviceapp) etc. All providers are different and you need to find what works best for your provider.

Catchup/TV Archive/MediaTek

My provider has catchup but catchup isn't working.
    Catchup is now in channelselect screen and not main EPG guide.
    Catchup needs to be turned on in main settings as it changes the functionality of core components on your box.

How do I know if a channel has catchup.
    Turn on catchup prefixes in main settings. Select the prefix you wish to show in front of your channels. Prefixes shouldn't effect EPG or Picons.

Catchup only shows 2 days worth of catchup
    This is provider related - Some default to 2. Some show up to 10 days

Can you record catchup channels.
    Er... Don't know - catchup channels are played via MoviePlayer. Try it and see.

• BouquetMakerXtream (BMX) - v1.02-20231112

New files on post 1

Whats new.

Mainly more user settings. So its up to you how you break your box :smiling face with halo:

Main settings

Picon Settings (new)

More options added to picon download location including custom option which would require a manual symlink or changes in your boxes image settings
    Picon size - 220x132 or 400x240
    Picon type - Service Reference Picons or Service Named Picons - for boxes that allow SNP picons
    Overwrite picons - keep existing picons with the same name or overwrite. Probably set to NO if using SNP picons.
    Max download threads - Adjust to your own preference based on power of your box and speed of your internet. If picon downloader is freezing, try reducing this value.

Updated French and Italian Translations.

Fixed a few other minor bugs

I wasn't able to add in 8 bit picons, there is no option in PIL/PILLOW library to save 8bit indexed transparent picons. Plus every version of PIL/PILLOW library does something different so I tried various hacks and none of them were acceptable. Hopefully your box allows 24bit true colour picons.

• BouquetMakerXtream v1.03-20231112
    New files on post 1

Just a few tweaks

• Reduced the delay in the start of building picons
    • You can now only select one bouquet at a time to make picons. It wouldn't actually work with multiple as it uses threads and would get confused of what functions to run.
    • Added in an automatic blocklist, so a failed picon url will not attempt to download again in that run. Should stop a few freezes.
    • Removed some debug exceptions - so less writing to debug files. (faster for those who have debug logs on)
    • re-ordered some imports (just in case)- although that user that reported the issue has now fixed it with a forced re-install.
    • changed all EOL file endings to be UNIX (just to be sure)
    • added in a catch if all channels hidden :unamused face:  
    • Added a new download function for the api (with shorter timeout - it previously had a global one with long time out for the epgs) - in case your server is offline :winking face with tongue:

• BouquetMakerXtream (BMX) - v1.05-20231113/14

New files on post 1

What's new... er I don't know rushing round like a blue arse fly.

Added sd card to picon location list.

New options in picon downloader - use cautionary - step up a value. Try it. keep stepping. All providers are different

Increased the timeout which might catch some timeout exceptions

French and italian translation updates. But there is now more new text. Expect more translation updates. Sorry :)

And despite days of experimenting with Salee. I still don't think we have fixed some dreambox freezing.

Feeds will be updated with this release now.

• Nothing broken but 2 Questions

Is it possible to show after Picon Download how many Picons are really Downloaded/Added ?

And the Autoupdate Bouquets not set a fix time and give a option on startup like epgimporter did?

Edited 6 times, last by Masta2002 ().

• BouquetMakerXtream (BMX) - v1.07-20231115

New files on post 1

Mainly aimed at dreambox uses, but the I have changed some code which effects everyone.

Corrected the max picon size and max picon width values to strings to fix an error.

Removed lots of catch exceptions in case all the exceptions are causing threading issues

Moved the complete sequence check out of the threads and back into the main thread, Its triggered by a poll check every 2 seconds now.

updated the German translation

• BouquetMakerXtream (BMX) - v1.08-20231117

New files on post 1

Fixed user info screen

Fixed picon downloader for python 2.7 and VTI

Fixed trying to make xmltv files if epg importer not installed

Off to the pub - enjoy.

Beer kitty is always open - especially this time of the year :thinking face: :beer1:

pasted-from-clipboard.gif

• EPG - could you change the plugin in order to download the epg-Files more often than once a day, e.g. every 3 hours? that would be great, as iptv FAST channels only show program for 3 hours

• OK I have had a bit of a thread clean up.

Most questions have been moved into the FAQs in the opening posts.

To do

Add in picon downloader results. Success / Failed / Skipped

Allow more picon urls and process images based on the returned result mime type rather than second guessing what type of file it is.

Check all text is translatable. i.e Modal Pop ups
    The endless task of trying to get picon downloader to work on dreamboxes
    Try and clear up deleted provider bouquets and deleted provider picons

A little SPRING in your step

Picon Folder clashes.
    You cannot have 2 active picon locations as far as I believe.
    Delete any picon files and "picon" folder from other known locations for your image. Use only one location globally for your box.

• BouquetMakerXtream (BMX) - v1.09-20231122

New files on post 1

I hope this works, because I am tired of all this hassle to download some picons

Hopefully fixed VTI and dreambox. A handful of other tweaks.

VTI progress bar seems to go a bit out of sync, but it still works and eventually catches up and finishes.

Failed picon lists are in /tmp/

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!