DM7020HD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20231229 GSt 1.20.5

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,853 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• P.S.: Tested also the Viaccess SMIT module with success...

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-20231031-dm7020hd_Original.nfi

The SMIT module on the left is not recognized by the firmware, as I expected.

What did I told you ?

Download the actual image... I gave you the link, update the SSL and driver,

http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm7020hd.nfi

and use the ssl and bcm from the archive below to transform to Original,

http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/Patch_Original-Japhar_DM7020HDv1.rar

Until you will not do as I told you, you will fail.

TS

• What did I told you ?

That's what I did. There is no result, there is no Ci+ module.

No, you didn't done that... as I told you, I have the DM7020HDv1 to which I installed the image I told you, and I am using the Tivusat CI+ Module as well as the Viaccess Swiss CI+ module...

So, please send me a screenshot of the CI menu, as well as a screenshot of the Information page of the image you have installed in your box.

As my guess is that you didn't flashed the current image available on the link I gave you.

TS

• What did I told you ?

That's what I did. There is no result, there is no Ci+ module.

As it looks like you have difficulties to flash the image, then send the SSL, and reboot, to after replace the bcm, here is the nfi with all that already done, as we call it "a piece of cake", you just have to unpack the nfi from the zip file. Have a nice sunday,

DM7020HDv1 Original : https://mega.nz/file/OWABVazA#…S5OET6oUgv3OtFurKkU3XWntk

TS

• Have a nice sunday,

Good mood ruined. Above you provided a link to an image not for the original box that I flashed. I warned you that my box is original.
    After restoring the bootloader, I flashed openpli-enigma2-8xstar-20231031-dm7020hd_Original.nfi
    Here are the screenshots -

• As I told you !

You didn't used the latest image, provided you on the link that is from February 2024...

See yourself... if you continue installing the one from June 2023... you will continue having the same results as you had...

pasted-from-clipboard.png

and

I gave you the link below, even with newer version (the precedents posted on past 2 days where from February 2024)... the one below 03/03

Japhar February/March 2024 : http://openpli8xstar.japhar.ne…igma2-8xstar-dm7020hd.nfi

Original February/March 2024 : https://mega.nz/file/OWABVazA#…S5OET6oUgv3OtFurKkU3XWntk

Yours as it is possible to see are from 24th June 2023 !...

TS

• I'm confused by the number of links in this thread. I thought that the openpli-enigma2-8xstar-20231031-dm7020hd_Original image was more recent because of the number indicated in it. Thanks for the mentorship.
    As a result, I installed the image for March 2024, the Ci+ module was detected, but the channel, for some reason unknown to me, was not decrypted. The Russian provider HTV+ did not help. Indeed, my box and the Ci+ module work and decrypt the signal on the openatv-6.2 firmware. It’s just that I have to install add-ons on this image myself.
    In addition to the latest installed firmware, I installed the latest enigma2-plugin-extensions-ci_plus_helper-openpli8.x_4_all.ipk In the settings I set it to 0: /etc/ciplus/
    Channels are also not decoded. What else can you recommend?

• There is no need to install any plugin for the CI+, as on the actual OpenPLi the module is detected automatically and working.

So, did you tested the module/card BEFORE applying the plugin (enigma2-plugin-extensions-ci_plus_helper-openpli8.x_4_all.ipk) or after ?

Here on all my tests, with the Modules Digiquest CI+ for Tivusat (183e card) and Humax CI+ for Tivusat (183e card) and the Viaccess Module from Neotion (with Swiss TV card), all is working fine straight after installing the clean image. No addon or plugin necessary.

One important thing... as oscam is built-in, and running when you install the image, you should probably turn off it on the softcam menu... prior to any use and test of the CI Module and your NTV+ Card.

Conerning the image, you have ALWAYS the latest one available on the link I gave you, as for every new compile, it's uploaded there. Links on forums are naturally older and will be always older, also the Mega ones, as posted at a specific date that is always older compared with the link on main page of image, that is : http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi

TS

• I tested the module/card immediately after installing a clean image and after applying the plugin (enigma2-plugin-extensions-ci_plus_helper-openpli8.x_4_all.ipk) with complete system reboots. In both cases the result is negative.

The oscam module was disabled immediately after installing the image before scanning the 140E satellite

Module Smit and map on screenshot.

• I tested the module/card immediately after installing a clean image and after applying the plugin (enigma2-plugin-extensions-ci_plus_helper-openpli8.x_4_all.ipk) with complete system reboots. In both cases the result is negative.

The oscam module was disabled immediately after installing the image before scanning the 140E satellite

Module Smit and map on screenshot.

What do you mean Disabled ? I see in the Menu (screnshots) that it's recognized, and do you see if you select the module name, the details about the card etc ?

Below of Init, you have "Viaccess Access", on that menu you should be able to get the card details, including the serial number, if it's paired etc.

You MUST not install any plugin, that was for few years ago openpli images, not today's.

TS

• I re-flashed the latest image. Channels are not decoded. Writes - Your host is not fully CI+ compatible

The card is read, but the signal is not decoded.

The Tivusat is perfectly working, opening video/audio on 183e card and Digiquest or Humax CI+ modules, which is CI+,... so you have on the menu of the Viaccess the rights of the card, check if you have them.

And go on a FTA channel first, then go to an encrypted NTV+ Channel, and see if you have a total black screen or you have pixilsation.

As I wrote you, assure yourself that the softcam is off,

The Neotion CI+ Module with Viaccess Swiss v6 as well as v7 card is working...

RSI La 2 with card v7 and cam Neotion Viaccess

TS

• Thank you toysoft for your help.
    I managed to launch the firmware with full functionality by additionally installing ci_plus_helper-openpli8.x_4_all and setting it from its settings to 0:/etc/ciplus/
    With two different Smit modules, the firmware cannot access the Device ID. It is necessary to use ci_plus_helper for the channels to work.
    Additionally, I think it is necessary to add a blind search module for transponders - Blindscan - to the default image, as well as a backup module for the configured image.

• Thank you toysoft for your help.
    I managed to launch the firmware with full functionality by additionally installing ci_plus_helper-openpli8.x_4_all and setting it from its settings to 0:/etc/ciplus/
    With two different Smit modules, the firmware cannot access the Device ID. It is necessary to use ci_plus_helper for the channels to work.
    Additionally, I think it is necessary to add a blind search module for transponders - Blindscan - to the default image, as well as a backup module for the configured image.

Very nice job and work, that is definitely helpful, for this module to work as you described the problem.

And now keep a backup of the custom image you built, so you don't have to do the job again !

Congratulations, well done.

TS

P.S.: For the additionnal things, check if available on the feeds that are few Gb of plugins/drivers/settings...

• And now keep a backup of the custom image you built, so you don't have to do the job again !

To save an installed and configured copy of the system, you must have a working system backup plugin.

The dFlash plugin is not installed. Automatic Full Backup plugin does not work. Can you suggest a backup plugin?

The system does not work with the skin that I used constantly in different images - fullhdglass17 which displays the work of Ci+

The biggest mistake in this image and OpenPli images is their inability to work with any HDDs. I installed a new HDD which I read the image but could not format and mount, stopped at 99% I installed OpenATV / formatted the original image and mounted the HDD. Only after this I was able to fully use the HDD in OpenPLi and OpenPLi 8.xStar images.

Edited 2 times, last by Goryna ().

• And now keep a backup of the custom image you built, so you don't have to do the job again !

To save an installed and configured copy of the system, you must have a working system backup plugin.

The dFlash plugin is not installed. Automatic Full Backup plugin does not work. Can you suggest a backup plugin?

The system does not work with the skin that I used constantly in different images - fullhdglass17 which displays the work of Ci+

The biggest mistake in this image and OpenPli images is their inability to work with any HDDs. I installed a new HDD which I read the image but could not format and mount, stopped at 99% I installed OpenATV / formatted the original image and mounted the HDD. Only after this I was able to fully use the HDD in OpenPLi and OpenPLi 8.xStar images.

The OpenPLi is a light image, as you know, and built for light hardware and still works with 15 years old boxes.

For the backup, the usual little scripts for DM500HD/DM800HDse/DM8000 work, I generally do it with command line.

Check all what is included on the OpenPLi DM800HDse image you find here on this link below

https://mega.nz/file/ua422I5S#koahPaVZJrUbFObp1zgja8awEfqAOCz3W4eN8hJ4E1Q

Concerning the HDD, I generally just use NTFS formated drives, and check if there is the movie folder already created. Nothing more is needed. For the DM500HD/DM800HDse I setup a procedure that let the user format it's own hdd or usb stick, and it's extremly simple... see below.

Code
    - Unmount USB/HDD Drive
    umount /dev/sda1

- Create CLEAN Partition on USB/HDD Drive
    mkdosfs -n hdd /dev/sda1
    mkdir /media/hdd
    mount /dev/sda1 /media/hdd

TS

• For the backup, the usual little scripts for DM500HD/DM800HDse/DM8000 work, I generally do it with command line.

I like this image for its speed and responsiveness.
    But nevertheless, I don’t like that it can’t work, it can’t correctly install the standard dFlash archiving plugin that I’m used to.

Can you suggest a working plugin for creating a full system image in NFI format?
    Unfortunately, the image also cannot install the generally accepted HD Glass skin of any version.

• dFlash and Skin... related to their creators, if they don't support this hardware/box and image... we cannot do much. Contact them.

Japhar Addon Manager has the Python 2 plugins... (this is mainly used for older images support Python 2)

This image is Python 3... so you need only to use from image feeds, but if the plugin from the feeds doesn't work, then it means the conceptors of it didn't code it for this image or hardware.

TS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!