DreamTwo : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20231229 GSt 1.20.5 (Original)

There are 55 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,528 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• We dont use such function, OpenATV does, we dont

TS

Thanks for confirming that this setting does not exist for the Pli image

I know that OpenATV has this setting - but it's not on my Dream Two, it's the Pli image that you linked here

and how do I get back to the original image? Box cannot be put into rescue mode

Switch off the box and turn it on again using the power switch with the power button pressed until the LED lights up red. It doesn't work - the box restarts

Only after unplugging the box for several hours was I able to switch back into rescue mode and flash my saved original image
    MfG

• Very simple, you turn on the box pressing the frontpanel button, until it flashes red... and you will be in bootloader mode, and can via the webif flash the image of your choice... much more simple than menus or other things... go to the roots, flashing just as any other DMM box, pressing frontpanel button and the image file with the webif...

You never done it ? Few hours ??? What the hell have you done... really ? It looks like silly... as pressing few seconds the led button (until red flashing) at startup and it's DONE you can flash the new image via the Webif (you seems to have never done it on any DMM box). Hope you didn't used some sh*tty G plugin multiboot... that breaks everything (no that's not the image fault !).

TS

• Maybe you've never flashed a Pli image on the Dream Two back to an original (Bachup) - I wrote that I only got back into Rescure mode after several hours without power and was therefore able to flash my backup - you have to Don't tell me I can't do it

The GPT plugin from “gutemine” was never on my box either - I don’t think much of this multiboot stuff

Edited once, last by sodex ().

• As I told you, just press the frontpanel button, and Voilà, you are in Rescue Mode, to flash any image you want...

Don't know you wanted to do to the Everest mount, first, then press the button and flash the image, LOL

Have a good evening,

TS

• Hope you didn't used some sh*tty G plugin multiboot... that breaks everything (no that's not the image fault !).

That's a controversial statement.

The plugin doesn't break anything. It is broken by users who do not know how to use it. Open Images has plugins that don't work on DreamOS. DreamOS fans take it for granted. Gutemine has plugins that don't work on Open images. We have to put up with it. Balance, harmony. :beer1:

• Hope you didn't used some sh*tty G plugin multiboot... that breaks everything (no that's not the image fault !).

That's a controversial statement.

The plugin doesn't break anything. It is broken by users who do not know how to use it. Open Images has plugins that don't work on DreamOS. DreamOS fans take it for granted. Gutemine has plugins that don't work on Open images. We have to put up with it. Balance, harmony. :beer1:

Nope... when a plugin is programmed to remove images (open images)... this could be controversial ? No... it's a fact and obviously intentional... not a mistake or incompatibilities... its for me an extremly bad behavior, that enters your home and your privacy... as if you can do this, you can do much more like spying or as Goebles, act to have you doing some things and not others... extremly bad. Absolutely out of Open logic...

TS

• It's hard for me to explain through google translator. But I want you to understand me. Let me give you an example.

A diesel engine runs on diesel fuel. Do you pour gasoline?

The gutemine plugin is for DreamOS images. Why flash the Open image, if gutemine wrote in the instructions - ONLY FOR DREAMOS?

It's logic.

PS: sorry for going off topic.

• It's hard for me to explain through google translator. But I want you to understand me. Let me give you an example.

A diesel engine runs on diesel fuel. Do you pour gasoline?

The gutemine plugin is for DreamOS images. Why flash the Open image, if gutemine wrote in the instructions - ONLY FOR DREAMOS?

It's logic.

PS: sorry for going off topic.

The Open images are based on exactly the same receipes as the DMM images (all what is related to DMM software), the only difference... is the enigma2 bin, that is precompiled by DMM and just pushed to DMM images, and now enigma2 is RIP.

Nothing more, nothing else... so it's the same at the end. The real difference is ONLY the enigma2 precompiled bin...

G failed the support of all images, and his tool is very bad, as I never understood why the drivers of the flash image were used for the other images... really a bad coding... that got people to use only images with the same drivers. Yes, you can load an image from another box and so it uses the drivers of the flash... but what's the point, this is just to be sure to use wrong images, that will fail as not adapted to your box hardware...

And, the open images work smoothly on the DreamOne/Two boxes and all other DMM boxes... as you know the reason is much different for not wanting them, and REMOVING them... also if the box owner wants to use them.

It's a NASTY plugin, and I am very happy that Open community (Captain) created a REAL ONE OPEN to everything and every image with no censorship or I would call it ... racism behavior...

So, the open images work fine... until he removes them with his nasty plugin... and this IN YOUR box, so you don't own it anymore, as you cannot do what YOU want...

TS

• I don't use Open Images - no sound adjustment on IPTV channels ( and I only watch IPTV).

I don't use DreamOS images either - I bought an Android box.

I'm not defending gutemine (it doesn't need my defense) - I wrote about the Rules of using (other people's) plugins. About copyrights: his plugin - his rules of use.

I also have nothing against Open images - each person uses what they want.

• Hi !

After chrash on PeterPan image after update on my DM Two I have Flashed OpenPli on my DM Two box.

Problem with Audio bottum and sound problems on iptv channels ?

Green screen

No problems on my DM525 and Foruler F4

Litek :thinking face:

DreamboxTwo / DreamTV Mini / DM525HD CI+ / DM800SE og v2 / Formuler F4 HD /Allente 1 Box (Altibox+GenIPTV)(PeterPan /OpenPli 8.3/Dream-Elite )Windows 10 /Linux Ubuntu 20.04

Samsung 63"/3D Plasma/Phillips 75 Led(AndroidTV) SmartTV/Samsung 40" Led SmartTV

Edited 2 times, last by litek ().

• On latest version choose the Exteplayer3 (and not Gstreamer), also the Audio Volume (UP/DOWN) is not yet working on IPTV, only on DVB. So instead use the TV Volume for IPTV.

TS

• Thanks ,will try that,

Is it the same on older image ?

Litek

DreamboxTwo / DreamTV Mini / DM525HD CI+ / DM800SE og v2 / Formuler F4 HD /Allente 1 Box (Altibox+GenIPTV)(PeterPan /OpenPli 8.3/Dream-Elite )Windows 10 /Linux Ubuntu 20.04

Samsung 63"/3D Plasma/Phillips 75 Led(AndroidTV) SmartTV/Samsung 40" Led SmartTV

• Thanks ,will try that,

Is it the same on older image ?

Litek

Remember always that enigma2 is modified day after day, and for example in January they done a lot of modifications, that then resulted on the necessity to flash the image again, as the upgrade of enigma2 fails with BoxID missing...

So better to save your softcam parameters, and ChannelSettings, and reflash with latest image,

See here to get it : http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi/

TS

• Hello Toysof,

I got stuck trying to flash "openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dreamtwo.rootfs.tar.gz" to my DreamboxTwo.

Any hint is welcome

------------------------- Log ------------------------

[*] Remounting '/dev/dreambox-data' to '/data'

[*] Creating ext4 filesystem 'dreambox-rootfs' on /dev/dreambox-rootfs

mke2fs 1.43.4 (31-Jan-2017)

Discarding device blocks: 4096/1048576 528384/1048576 done

Creating filesystem with 1048576 4k blocks and 262144 inodes

Filesystem UUID: 4cd73435-7f10-4c0f-9180-40ed8d55afd0

Superblock backups stored on blocks:

32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736

Allocating group tables: 0/32 done

Writing inode tables: 0/32 done

Creating journal (16384 blocks): done

Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: 0/32 done

[*] Mounting '/dev/dreambox-rootfs' to '/mnt'

[*] Extracting '/tmp/KEf0J2' to '/mnt'

[*] Mounting '/dev' to '/mnt/dev'

[*] Mounting '/proc' to '/mnt/proc'

[*] Mounting '/run' to '/mnt/run'

[*] Mounting '/sys' to '/mnt/sys'

[*] Creating directory '/mnt/tmp'

[*] Mounting '/tmp' to '/mnt/tmp'

Fatal: Unsupported machine!

Fatal: Failed to run kernel-image.postinst

[*] Unmounting '/mnt/tmp'

[*] Unmounting '/mnt/sys'

[*] Unmounting '/mnt/run'

[*] Unmounting '/mnt/proc'

[*] Unmounting '/mnt/dev'

[*] Unmounting '/mnt'

Ciao

No-pla

• Forget about the log, just boot the box and it will work. The building of an open image is not same as the strucutre of the DMM image.

So just flash, and boot box, it will work fine.

Then... naturally flash it to the right box, if the image is dreamone, flash to dreamone, If the image is dreamtwo, flash to dreamtwo... and DON'T USE the nasty Multiboot that rejects open images... that's crap. You need to flash directly the image to flash.

TS

• Never use that guy software, it's crap... with open images, he even built code to DELETE open images... so really nasty brain.

TS

Dreambox Two 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver

Download DreamTwo Dreambox Two 4K UHD Enigma2 Images. Team Support from OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!