Help Correctly Aligning My 1.2M Channel Master Dish and moteck H-H180 motor

There are 244 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,754 times. The last Post () by supwiddiss.

• thanks but how can i tilt the plate? > editing my pics so i "understand" would make it better for me! if you look there isnt a way to "tilt the plate" due to the fact its impossible (LOOK AT MY PICS you will see that)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

• Please. Look at my illustrations. With due diligence. Be Neo.
    Your dish mounting plate is already way way too low compared to the latitude indicators shown in red.
    Read. Read. And read again. Please. 5 minutes to reply tell me you did not digest all of the steps needed by your.

Do you see how the dish mounting plate that the dish is fastened to is nowhere close to the angle of the motor pivot shaft?

• Dan I saw all the pics that's why I asked for ones with a spirit level :woozy face: . That dish is only secure when the pole supporting it is bolted to the ground and I can assure you its not level and that's from your pic. I cant see the end of your garden so have no idea if there are any obstructions so a pic from just behind dish would be perfect. Any trees in the way? or houses. I would never install a dish that low down unless it was in a field. And I would struggle to align yours in present state.

Can I ask why did you buy a channel master???

• I Read it yes......

FYI I CANT SEE THE MOUNT IN THEM PICS YOU POSTED!!

replied fast yes......

still understand it........ NO

if you LOOK AT MY PICS YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN!!

I TRIED TO TILT IT BACK IT WONT TILT BACK..... so how do u expect me to "tilt it back"????

• Dan I saw all the pics that's why I asked for ones with a spirit level :woozy face: . That dish is only secure when the pole supporting it is bolted to the ground and I can assure you its not level and that's from your pic. I cant see the end of your garden so have no idea if there are any obstructions so a pic from just behind dish would be perfect. Any trees in the way? or houses. I would never install a dish that low down unless it was in a field. And I would struggle to align yours in present state.

Can I ask why did you buy a channel master???

already tried that, ground is flat, everything is level, fence opposite side of dish yes, hence it on a pallet now, i brought the cm dish and im going to use it for feed hunting!

• Dan. Nope. Not cool.
    If you cannot attain the angles needed.
    Try removing the dish mounting bracket and turn it over 180 degrees.

Not Cool.jpg

Cant take the 2 brackets off as the dish plate will NOT REACH THE TOP AND BOTTOM Plates i already tried it!! Dont ask why they wont reach because i already tried it and it wouldn't reach (see this pic) 4-1.jpg and fd300d04-ce0d-4a4e-b3dd-0ffd1b2fc573.jpg

• yes i mean if he edited my pics it would make more sense to me than just making other graphics

ps the black bags at the bottom of the dish mount have stones in them while i wait for slabs to be delivered, they are just on there temp

I understand FFS as much as the IDGAF biker tee shirt I have.
    And the chickies shirt that reads "it won't lick itself".

Pallets and bags for a dish mount is super lame btw. Perhaps for a fixed dish where a nudge here or there is marginally acceptible.
    But for a polar mount. No frikkin' way.

• yes i mean if he edited my pics it would make more sense to me than just making other graphics

ps the black bags at the bottom of the dish mount have stones in them while i wait for slabs to be delivered, they are just on there temp

Pallets and bags for a dish mount is super lame btw. Perhaps for a fixed dish where a nudge here or there is marginally acceptible.

Well for a start being off the ground is better due to it being away from the shed (so it can move left and right) aka east and west), and so i can get round it aswell you know

see this picture from underneath the dish? see it wont reach the bottom mounting plate thats because i took the mounting brackets off and attached the plate to the motor and as u can see it DOESNT REACH thats why they are needed! 4-1.jpg & fd300d04-ce0d-4a4e-b3dd-0ffd1b2fc573.jpgf9dfa47c-0de7-4c7f-8c9b-df789048f3a5.jpg

also FYI They dont reach the other way either !! (small bit at the top, big end on the motor mounting arm aka the gold part, already tried that!!!!

so how am i ment to correct it exactly?

• Holy Moley!!!

ok thanks will do that! (possibly tomorrow, possibly Saturday - depending on weather) < Currently -1 here

Be Watney.
    "Science the s**t out of it"

so something like this then? Varnished Cold-pressed steel Equal L-shaped Angle profile, (L)1m (W)27mm | DIY at B&Q

The good Lordeth gaveth you a braineth in your gourd. You figure it out.
    Make it work. Then make it pretty. It ain't-a-gonna'-lick-itself.
    I can think of 47 ways to get the preliminary alignment done.
    Screw the L-shaped stuff. That's why God gave us washers and spacers.
    Mine works perfectly from 131 W all the way out to 30 W.
    Dish_Back.jpgDish_Back_Cropped.jpg

• well thats nout like mine is it

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!