Enigma2 plugins

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,150 times. The last Post () by najar.

• Can any body give me a tutorial that explains how to make plugin in enigma2 i have studied the python basics and i want to know alot about enigma2

Thanks alot

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • there is a very basic guide you can find on the net. Its very old though.

e2 Plugin Tutorial English - PDFCOFFEE.COM
    The enigma2-plugin Tutorial by emanuel@i-have-a-dreambox.com english rel. 1* date: 14.02.2010 (sorry for my bad english)...
    pdfcoffee.com

I learnt python via a book (pdf), called Python Crash Course. PM me if you want a copy.

But you basically have to throw yourself in the deep end and see if you swim.

But its just a case of downloading someone elses simple plugin (in fact lots of plugins) and reading through the code. Trying to make sense of it.

There is no official reference. Its actual all I did a few years ago, and I write plugins for everything now :)

Here are some of my posts and tools that might help you

Enigma2 Skin Screen Names Plugin

The tools I use to write python code.

ipk creator software - I have always stuck with version 3. Its simpler than later versions

IPK Creator 3.0 (Java) By Persian Prince

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Enigma2 is all module based
    So you have to import the necessary modules and elements you require.
    Then you write your own code around these modules.

Enigma2 is the main component.

Screens is referencing the screen component (basically which allows you to create a skinned page on screen. for example openatv. This is referencing this location on github

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/tree/master/lib/python/Screens

these files live locally on your box here. That is where they are being referenced to in a plugin.
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/

But they will be compiled on your box. PYC or PYO.
    So you have to check github to see the uncompiled version and see what is inside them.

• There is something I am looking for a solution to, and that is why I want to understand Enigma 2. It is that when I watch a football match and I want to hear the commentary in Arabic, I use the ipaudiopro plug-in, but the broadcast is ahead of the sound source, so I have to delay the broadcast using the time-shift feature, but this feature is useless. There is another feature that exists. In very cheap devices called video dealay, this feature is excellent for such matters. Is there a way to add it?

• Well if you got an issue with that plugin. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
    Why not raise your query with ziko

IPAudio By ZIKO

or there is another plugin by oottppxx callled budweiser that does similar things

• It is not a problem in Plugin, but rather it depends on this time-shift feature of it. Unfortunately, the code is interrupted for a fraction of a second, causing the time-shift to be migrated, and it ends with having to adjust it again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!