help with my satellite install

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 468 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Mav24

If you are going to have a go at installing yourself, read this thread:

The motors are very similar, the same principles apply to all installs anyways. What works for one person will not be exactly the same for another.

Take you time and read that thread in its entirety, despite several members spending a lot of there time, explaining everything in great detail the OP became abusive and was banned, however everything you need to know is there.

ok ok thanks, just wondering what the correct angles are thats all (like what number is the motor at for 0.8w), i wont post any of my details here for obvious reasons but my setup should be the same as his due to the fact im not that far away from this person!

i would like your explanation please @jenseneverest, that post sounds to confusing really so much different information there, so i'm here asking for your help if you don't mind Sir

Edited 3 times, last by Mav24 ().

• Official Post

Mav24

I moved your post to its own thread.

Right what is confusing ? you could not have possibly read that thread in its entirety already.

I said in the thread i linked to above and will say it again... if you want to install a system yourself, for the first time... you can expect to spend several days doing so.

If you don't have the patience to do it yourself, get an installer to do it for you.

• yes i read it last night actually! , yes i plan on doing it myself, that's a lot of different information from a lot of different people how do i know what's correct for me? see where i'm coming from?

you seem to know what you are talking about so im asking for your help with this matter!

Edited once, last by Mav24 ().

• Official Post

Okay if you have a specific question then ask.

You are going to have to do a lot of reading, understand what is required, make yourself a plan of what your going to do, then do it.

Very Basically

1. Read and understand what is required before you begin.
    2. gather up all the required tools- Angle finders, signal meters, cabling, spirit levels, spanners ETC ETC
    3. Check line of sight for your required sats at your location
    4. Get mount and pole perfectly aligned
    5. Get basic elevation and DE inclination for your latitude and longitude - refer to your manual
    6. Install dish to pole with basic setup
    7. align with signal meter using 3 sats to get the dish to trac correctly (use 1 far west, one far east and one about in the middle)
  • Okay if you have a specific question then ask.

You are going to have to do a lot of reading, understand what is required, make yourself a plan of what your going to do, then do it.

Very Basically

1. Read and understand what is required before you begin.
    2. gather up all the required tools- Angle finders, signal meters, cabling, spirit levels, spanners ETC ETC
    3. Check line of sight for your required sats at your location
    4. Get mount and pole perfectly aligned
    5. Get basic elevation and DE inclination for your latitude and longitude - refer to your manual
    6. Install dish to pole with basic setup
    7. align with signal meter using 3 sats to get the dish to trac correctly (use 1 far west, one far east and one about in the middle)

reason i asked @BanjoXo7, is because his pictures in this post: My Channel Master 1.2m System Fully Installed is what im hoping to achieve, and he's in uk, so am i, and his looks awesome that's why i'm asking him for help as well!

• Banjo's install is the same as everyone else's using a polar mount.
    USALS motors will be quite a bit easier due to their design.
    As Jens suggested please read the post he linked. It would help if you could print the detailed pages to isolate any of the back and forth posts there.

I'm still a bit "stung" in some 308 conversations with the OP of that thread. It kind of backfired.
    As you can see he finally changed his name to some filth once he got his first satellite located after the mount was setup correctly.
    If you need specific questions answered that you may not understand. Please refer to them by post number is that thread.

If 300 members step in then I will step aside. The task is not that difficult if you have the aptitude. And can read instructions and pay attention.
    If you don't have a clinometer already I would highly suggest that you just invest on a digital angle gauge.
    They can be had for not much more than an angle finder with pionter.
    And they resolve to 0.1 - 0.01 degree, depending on the brand. That will assist in making very finite adjustments that you will need to make after locking the first satellite.

If you give your coordinates in at least to the 0.1 degree where you live. It not only will help you but us also.
    We don't care where you live. Nobody will come to your door selling things.

In post #5. Those are the very first steps. You will have to be accurate. No slop is permitted. None.
    What will you use to move the dish? A v-box? Be prepared to use it outside by the dish so that you can move your dish in very small increments.
    And please clearly list all of the components that you will be using for your install.

My last attempt to Mr. "Dan Addison". AKA FU All after he changed his name. To assist his many times mentioned "condition" that prevented comprehension of simple instructions let me down quite a lot. Especially after he located his first satellite after 308 messages back-and-forth. Then after locating the first satellite. Told me he was fooling me the whole time and sounded like he had gone to Cambridge.

So. What do you want to do? Put a dish up that tracks TV satellites the sky properly? And do it like a boss?

I have a folder of illustrations that were not shown here. All very informative.

• Official Post

supwiddiss

I think Mav and Dan are Siamese twins..... as they behaved in the same manner, now both have gone bye-bye......

When time allows, it would be good to make a "how to install tutorial" out of the shit show that that thread became.

As you say a lot of good info there already :thumbs up:

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!