FBC tuner

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 550 times. The last Post () by jocke90s.

• Go to Best Answer
    • Official Post

I have a question. If I have a FBC tuner, can I record a tvshow while Im watching another tvshow/movie?

you could do that with a twin tuner - its basically 2 tuners that are independent of each other

An FBC tuner is like 8 conventional tuners, so you could record 7 shows while watching an eighth

a twin tuner would require a twin LNB and 2 sat cables, one to each tuner.

An FBC tuner would require a unicable LNB and will run down just one cable.

• Official Post

People always ask how many channels can I record. If you ask, how many transponders can I record, that gets rid a lot of the misunderstanding, although there will need to have more details later.

Single tuner (not FBC) plus universal + Single signal supply = You can view/record one transponder. You will comfortably record/view 12 channels without a problem. Excluding encryption issues

Multiple tuner (not FBC) plus universal LNB + Single signal supply = You can view/record any one transponder + one more on same plain(quadrant). Universal LNB is locked into high/low, vertical/horizontal plain

Multiple tuner (not FBC) + multiple universal LNB = You can view/record any two transponders if you have two tuners. The LNB ports are independent are each will do what it needs.

As an example, if you have a single Terrestrial tuner. You are locked to one transponder/multiplex. You are not limited to one channel. You can record all the channels on that transponder/multiplex. For the UK, as an example, most people will be able to simultaneously watch/record BBC 1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV 1 HD, Channel 4 HD,

FBC tuners do not need unicable and will work with universal LNBs. You wont get full benefit. I have got to 30 channels using a universal LNB.

An FBC tuner is 8 tuners. 2 have signal wires connection points , other 6 do not.

If you use a Unicable LNB/switch, you can record as many transponders as you have tuners configured. It is not 8 channels, it is 8 transponders

FBC Tuners + single universal LNB

You can record from any one transponder. The other 7 tuners will work in loop through mode. So you can record as any channels as are on all those transponders

FBC Tuners + twin universal LNB

You can record from any two transponders The other 6 tuners will work in loop through mode. So you can record as any channels as are on all those transponders

• jocke90s

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • I have a dreambox 900 (2020) dvb-c FBC tuner.

Also I use dream elite right now. I cant do my registration process so its impossible to write to them in their dream board support.

only recognise 1 tuner. I can lok att 1-12 channel (com hem basic) when recording.

But not the other channels.im getting a dark channel. How can I Solve this problem?

• I have a dreambox 900 (2020) dvb-c FBC tuner.

Also I use dream elite right now. I cant do my registration process so its impossible to write to them in their dream board support.

only recognise 1 tuner. I can lok att 1-12 channel (com hem basic) when recording.

But not the other channels.im getting a dark channel. How can I Solve this problem?

FBC tuner use multirecording only if you have SCR or Dcss lnb dont forget it.

• Official Post

I have a dreambox 900 (2020) dvb-c FBC tuner.

I have no experience with dream elite (or any dreambox for that matter)

Can you load openATV to your dm900 and try there ?

At least you know you can count on support from the ATV team.

• Okey maybe I do that. But Im very happy with dream elite except for the FBC problem.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!