DM7020HD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240319 GSt 1.20.5 (Japhar)

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 935 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• DM7020HD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240319 GSt 1.20.5 (Japhar)

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm7020hd

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, March 19th, 2024

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (Dash Support)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

DM7020HD :

Code
    http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm7020hd.nfi
  • How can I install this image so that after installation all previous settings are restored? And most importantly, you need to restore the settings of additional plugins that have their own settings (login and password).
    Does this image also not have a plugin capable of creating a full system image?

The Dflash and backupsuite plugins do not work on your previous image.

• 1) You can install the image, but you MUST backup your settings with a tool such as DreamSet/DreamboxEdit. As you know images are not always compatible between them (DMM-Open), so keeping the "settings" backuped by the flashing console could create issues. So just backup with the DreamSet/DreamboxEdit, and once reflashed and with initial setup like language, Screen resolution, connectivity and LNBs, you can upload the channel lists with these tools (DreamSet/DreamboxEdit).

2) Oscam are built-in, if you want to transfer to the new image, just backup the /etc/tuxbox/config folder of previous installation, and update the box when flashed with the new image with the oscam configuration files.

With this you should be ok, about the plugins... it really depends of their compatibility, the best is to reinstall from the feeds if available, if not then assure yourself these are compatible with Python 3 images such as OpenPLi.

For the backup tools, there is few around, just be sure it works for the DM7020HD.

Image uses username as root, and no password.

TS

• Does not work. If I hadn't checked, I wouldn't have written. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe it.

Old scripts work perfect... I post you what we use since years... see below, unpack on /hdd folder, you will have a "dreambox" folder with all scripts for all DMM boxes... go to /hdd/dreambox and run the backup.sh script ("./backup.sh /hdd").

Backup Tool : https://mega.nz/file/CCQmxRxA#…jhmj_DUpv5USHBLVELQSDAzYw

TS

• Ciao,

I checked in the folder but it seems to me that it is missing for 8000...or you have to use (original...)...I wanted to test for the Drem 8000 and it doesn't do it, the decoder turns off if I use (original...) .

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • This is the Japhar image, http://openpli8xstar.japhar.ne…enigma2-8xstar-dm8000.nfi

and here is the details on how to convert to Original DM8000HD : http://openpli8xstar.japhar.ne…tch_Original_DM8000HD.rar

TS

• If you talk about the backup tool,

You have 3 versions scripts for it,

- backup.sh (it takes the ssl directly from flash)

- backup_japhar.sh (it takes the ssl from the bin included in folder, for japhar)

- backup_original.sh (it takes the ssl from the bin included in the folder, for original)

This is confirmed working with OpenPli 8.xStar image, and naturally you have to add the /hdd at the end ("./backup.sh /hdd"). All must be unpacked as explained on the /hdd/dreambox folder.

TS

• HI,
    in all three options the decoder turns off and restarts but does not do the backup.

OpenPLI-2024-03-29@20.47.24-SSL-dm8000.nfi.....mb.0

Strange... as the file generated is in /hdd and the name start by "Backup..." not OpenPLi... Are you using the right scripts ? You must copy all the folder and files, be sure all are set to 755 naturally... and run it going into the folder, cd /hdd/dreambox and sending command ./backup.sh /hdd

Perfectly working here with DM800HDse, DM500HD, DM8000HD and DM7020HDv1.

TS

• Strange... as the file generated is in /hdd and the name start by "Backup..." not OpenPLi... Are you using the right scripts ? You must copy all the folder and files, be sure all are set to 755 naturally... and run it going into the folder, cd /hdd/dreambox and sending command ./backup.sh /hdd

Perfectly working here with DM800HDse, DM500HD, DM8000HD and DM7020HDv1.

TS

The box reboots. I get two files on the HDD:

root.img 121.5Mb

root.ubi 117.4Mb

the file $IMAGEINFO-$DATE-SSL-$VSND.nfi is not created

• Then try, and be sure that you have no oscam or other software running in background :

./backup_original.sh /hdd

But also try to download again the backup script file, as I reposted a new one few hours after,

TS

• creates the file as seen in the photo...but the weight of the file remains at 0...it doesn't work, something or file is missing in the soft.

IMG_20240330_135516.jpg

the only one who can make a backup for me is....BackupSuite...20240104_0720...but it must not exceed a certain weight...if it exceeds 200mb..it no longer works as if it changes ssl or saves something else ...I've done it with other plugins, same problem, only light backups need to be done.

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • a DM 7020 that I sent to a friend in Switzerland I couldn't back it up in any way,
    he has another 7020 that will have to take me and the backup I saved doesn't work.

for now I'm doing some tests on my 8000 to make sure I can also do the 7020.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!