TV Series

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 565 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• Im wondering what TV Series other people would recommend, my friend has watched loads in his time but he forgets the name or I do when I come to down load them, was wondering what other peoples favorite series where and the type of series they where.

Ill list mine....

24 - Real Time espionage/counter terrorist.

24 is a serial drama which stars Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, focusing on the efforts of the fictional Counter Terrorist Unit, and their efforts to protect America from terrorism plots. Each episode typically follows Bauer, officials in the U.S. government, and the conspirators behind the events of the day, often simultaneously. The episodes take place over the course of one hour, depicting events as they happen, in real time.[5] To emphasize the real-world flow of events, a clock is prominently displayed on-screen during the show, and there is a regular use of split screens, a technique used to depict multiple scenes occurring at the same time.

Was on for a total of 8 seasons, and a film is due for release in the near future, but due to declining ratings decided not to do a season 9 :(

Flashpoint - Follows a SRU Team around on thier calls (SRU are very simular to SWAT Teams but have a better understanding of peoples Pshcology)

Flashpoint is a Canadian police drama television series that debuted on July 11, 2008 on CTV in Canada. In the United States, the series currently airs on Bravo. The series has been broadcast on the Canadian French-language network V in Quebec since March 9, 2009. The series was created by Mark Ellis and Stephanie Morgenstern and stars Hugh Dillon, Amy Jo Johnson, David Paetkau and Enrico Colantoni. It was announced January 25, 2011 that Ion Television had acquired all rights to the show held by CBS including the option to continue production.
    The fourth season of Flashpoint has concluded, and a fifth season has been ordered. On May 1, 2012 the producers announced that the fifth season would be the last of the series.

Fringe - Science Fiction cases involve Fringe Science and the closet program to this would probably be X-Files

Fringe is an American science fiction television series created by J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. It premiered on the Fox Broadcasting network on September 9, 2008. The series follows Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson), and Walter Bishop (John Noble), members of a Federal Bureau of Investigation "Fringe Division" team based in Boston, Massachusetts under the supervision of Homeland Security. The team uses "fringe" science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences, which are related to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe. The series has been described as a hybrid of The X-Files, Altered States and The Twilight Zone.
    The series' format combines elements from procedural dramas as well as those found in serials. The series began as a more traditional "mystery of the week" series, and became more serialized in later seasons. A majority of episodes contain a standalone plot, with several episodes also exploring the series' overarching mythology.

Early critical reception of the first season was lukewarm, but became more of a critic favorite in subsequent seasons when the series began to explore its mythology, including parallel universes and alternate timelines. The show, as well as the cast and crew, has been nominated for many major awards. Despite its move to the "Friday night death slot" and low ratings, the series has received a cult following. The series has been renewed for a fifth and final season consisting of 13 episodes, which is scheduled to premiere in fall 2012. The series has also spawned two six-part comic book series' and an alternate reality game.

Although, I am told the storyline has become complicated, in this last season (Like it wasn't already)

Lie to me - Tim Roth as Dr Kal Lightman, can read if people are lying, by involuntary tell tale signs they give of other enotions (Like a human lie detector), and is often called upon by people and the FBI to use this 'ability'

Lie to Me is an American television series that originally ran on the Fox network from January 21, 2009 to January 31, 2011. In the show, Dr. Cal Lightman (Tim Roth) and his colleagues in The Lightman Group accept assignments from third parties (commonly local and federal law enforcement), and assist in investigations, reaching the truth through applied psychology: interpreting microexpressions, through the Facial Action Coding System, and body language.

In May 2009, the show was renewed for a second season consisting of 13 episodes;[3] Season 2 premiered on September 28, 2009.[4] On November 24, 2009, Fox ordered an extra nine episodes for season 2, bringing the season order to 22 episodes.
    On May 12, 2010, Entertainment Weekly reported that Lie to Me received a 13-episode third season pick-up. The third season of Lie to Me was originally to premiere on November 10, 2010. On September 28, 2010, the premiere date was moved to October 4,
    2010, because of the cancellation of Lone Star.[8] Lie to Me was cancelled by Fox on May 10, 2011.

Apart from those that I would totally recommend, can anyone else recommend anything different?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• See this is a post that will show those that watch way too much TV but i find the biggest problem is the ones that start for a season or 2 then finish 'due to funding' lol

Police Drama
    Blue Bloods
    CSI
    The Wire
    Chicago Code

Comedy
    Weeds

Remakes
    Knight Rider
    Teen Wolf
    V 2012

Fantasy/History
    Tudors
    Game of Thrones
    Boardwalk Empire

Docs
    Deadliest Catch

Something for her in doors
    Cake Boss
    Single Ladies

Ill stop now lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• See this is a post that will show those that watch way too much TV but i find the biggest problem is the ones that start for a season or 2 then finish 'due to funding' lol
    Ill stop now lol

Police Drama DON´T KNOW
    Blue Bloods STILL REPEATING
    CSI STILL REPEATING
    The Wire STILL REPEATING
    Chicago Code

Comedy
    Weeds STILL REPEATING

Remakes
    Knight Rider STILL REPEATING
    Teen Wolf watched it on 1channel plugin ;)
    V 2012

Fantasy/History
    Tudors STILL REPEATING(also on 1 channel plugin)
    Game of Thrones BEING FILMED IN N. IRELAND 3rd LOT so happy days(ON 1CHANNEL)
    Boardwalk Empire STILL REPEATING

Docs
    Deadliest Catch STILL ON AND REPEATING

Something for her in doors
    Cake Boss
    Single Ladies

• Yeah but Repeats get missed, if your DL them there all there to watch at your leisure!

I have a list for oldies but ill leave that...exposed myself too much lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• The Wire, Teenwolf and game of thrones, think ill try those

Id welcome any more suggestions also

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!