North America, turbo-fec, DN, Bell and enigma2

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 604 times. The last Post () by ilikenwf.

• Hi

Its been long time since I looked into satellite in north America and enigma2

Probably since 2010, I remember when enigma2 started, no enigma2 box could scan turbo-fec frequencies, we need to buy external dvb-s2 usb tuner called genpix Skywalker 1 and use it as vtuner. It's was not easy but doable, most of servers used for enigma2 were private, I'm not talking about iks using Chinese receivers that were almost all taken down by dish

I was wondering if there is any enigma2 receivers that scan turbo-fec frequencies natively, any progress done in that aspect. I'm sure iks is gone but private may still be available but not sure that's why I'm asking!

I hope it's not against rules. You can pm me as well

Thank you

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • One of the commentators said they still use the method, so I think people still share cards but it may be just between friends or extremely on the DL.

Who is it? Any link? I'm sure it's super private if it's still happening, just wondering if they have forum or telegram page. Whomever has an idea can send me private message I know things like that are kept underground

• I was speaking to a Canadian, on a Discord server that doesn't exist any more, and I'm pretty sure he said he had a bell card working in OSCam.

He also explained the sat scene is pretty dead over there... Just little interest, unfortunately.

• I found them and asked for you.

You need to extract the boxkey from a legacy unit that the card is tied to.

There is a boxkey which is used to handle the encryption between the box and card. If the boxkey can't be extracted they can remove the bga flash chip and dump with a chip reader and use the SK (secondary key)

It only works with Nagra 3 cards as well.

There's almost no public info about this stuff for bell anymore.

I think they were 3100's but I believe bell has since stopped supporting those stbs

• Seems like dead and no forums talking about it

Usually with bell it's rare to find people doing it even when it done years ago, Dish was seen more just because usa is bigger and more population than Canada. Anyway I guess I'll just give up since I don't see any community interested in cardsharing in north America.

If someone thinks otherwise they can shoot me a pm

• Yes, I was going to ask, can't you just watch the PowerVu?

I'm jealous how much PV you guys have.

I think I could get some PV from the “Atlantic” sats… But I'd need a huge C band dish.

Need a huge dish and motor, not worth it. Not even sure what satellites have pv channels

• For the USA lyngsat and satbeams are best - I like 127W and 125W personally...I only really enjoy history and reelz - those are HD on those birds. They have other HD and a lot of SD, otherwise.

I have a 10 footer...it doesn't look bad and my neighbors don't hate it.

I do have an IPTV sub but this is a hobby, and more satisfying...and the HD is better quality.

• I was hoping for some solution to major providers in NA, Dish, bell. Unfortunately no community forum dedicated to NA, chasing feeds and PV channels is OK but not optimal, whether we lie or or not, satellite in Europe is at a different level of Hobbie compared to NA

• Right here there must be people who develop more on nagra and nds than on other systems, if someone wanted to help you he would have already contacted you...there are more places to go streamboard or DB maybe...

Forum USA LinuxSat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!