330Mbps Fibre to the Premises BT Rolls out New SuperFast BB speeds!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 961 times. The last Post () by upAstick.

• 330Mbps Fibre to the Premises BT Rolls out New SuperFast BB speeds!

Yesterday BT Openreach announced that the premium Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) service, promising speeds of up to 330Mbps, had been made commercially available to all other ISPs.
    Similar to how existing ISPs can use BT Openreach’s ADSL and Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) lines to sell broadband services, BT Openreach’s FTTP footprint is now available to be resold to other non-BT Retail subscribers.

But who’s biting?
    So far we’ve just heard of plans from Plusnet and Zen Internet. We’ve contacted the main UK ISPs to find out if and when they’ll be signing up for FTTP.
    Bear in mind that right now the 330Mbps lines are available in just a handful of places. So until there’s greater availability, its possible that not everyone will be jumping on the 330Mbps bandwagon.
    We will update this piece as and when we hear more from providers.

BT Retail

Perhaps surprisingly, BT Retail hasn’t yet announced its plans for 330Mbps. After the BT Openreach announcement we were half-expecting the unveiling of BT Infinity 300.
    However the official line at the minute is that BT Retail “[doesn’t] offer ultra-fast currently and [is] not in a position to say publicly whether [we] will or won’t.”
    We’ll keep you posted on this...

5*Y
    We’ve heard nothing back yet from *** about its plans to sell 330Mbps FTTP broadband. *** has quietly been making use of BT’s FTTC lines however, so perhaps it’ll do the same with FTTP.

Virgin Media

Virgin Media has announced that it won’t be buying fibre optic broadband lines from BT Openreach as the type of cable used by BT’s network - VDSL2 - is different to the type that Virgin Media uses - DOCSIS 3.
    A Virgin Media spokesperson told us that as “we can't deliver our full suite of services over BT Infinity” (i.e. TV, on-demand video, TiVo service etc) Virgin Media won’t be using BT’s network.

TalkTalk

TalkTalk has yet to get back to us about its plans (if any) for using BT Openreach’s FTTP lines.

Orange

As with ***, we’re still waiting to hear back about Orange’s plans to use BT’s FTTP lines.

O2

Again, we’re still waiting to hear back. Given that Be Broadband, owned by O2, has announced that it won’t be selling fibre optic broadband services this year, this could be an indicator that O2 broadband won’t either.

Plusnet trialling 330Mbps fibre optic broadband
    On the quiet, Plusnet let some details slip on its forum about 330Mbps trials last week. Plusnet has yet to announce plans to sell 330Mbps FTTP broadband services - but given that the trials were only mentioned recently, we’re guessing it’ll be a while before anything’s formally announced.

Zen Internet to launch 330Mbps FTTP broadband
    Zen Internet has announced that it will be launching 330Mbps FTTP services soon, next to its existing 100Mbps services.
    Though no price details for the 330Mbps service has been announced just yet, we expect that costs will be in the same region as its 100Mbps products.
    Zen Internet Fibre Enterprise gives you 100Mbps down, 15Mbps up and a 500GB monthly usage cap for £70 a month.
    Zen Internet Fiber Enterprise Plus gives you 100Mbps downstream but offers a faster 30Mbps upstream speed. Usage is capped at 500GB a month and the cost rises to £95 a month.

These packages are more geared towards businesses and early adopters who perhaps don’t mind the extra expense.

:firework::mrgmx:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• damn.cant even get bt fibre optic here yet never mind this.waiting for it to come to get rid of virgin.sick of there superdud.have to reboot it everyday or xbmc wont work

• yeah iv heard of people doing that for the superduds.think they need to admit defeat with them and replace the lot.is bts fibre optic better?especially the wireless?

• Strange having to reboot to get xbmc to work... Think navix cant cope wi amount of people using it to be honest.... Its getting worse

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• yeah it is a shame as its probably the best addon for it.i can get it working ok in the mornings/afternoons its just at night and the weekends its struggling.my favourite addon at the moment is movie25

• Don't know about the rest of the uk but as far as up here in the nether regions is concerned im jst gonna wait see how it goes!!!... having only a few weeks ago been told at a pre roll out course on " super fast fiber " that customers with a back end of more than 1500 mtrs were not gonna get said super fast fibre!!! pffttt... and with so much aluminum ( white copper ) in the ground ( allegedly ) to add to the problems already, I 4 one am excited as to see jst how super fast this really is going to be! One good thing in the pipeline though on a plus.... those in rural ( 8 meg exchanges ) will not b left out, although its gonna take a bit of time... software/hardware up grades ( already successfully trialed ) WILL be rolled out soon to increase those poor feckers so called broadband !!! Scotland ?... Broadband ?.... more like Narrow band !! As for local loop un bundling.. other c.p's will get to utilize the network to offer their subscribers fiber. will b a slight delay probably i would of thought but will happen.. just my own thoughts on all this, not in any way a professional educated statement b.t.w ! :-/.... 2 choices I'm hearing.. 40down/10 up and 80 down/20 up... Id guesstimate half those figures ( although I'm no expert ) and supposed t.v.o.i.p rolling and a typical hd channel taking 9meg..record one watch another-18meg.. lets hope these forecast-ed figures hold out!:rant:

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.

• BT are launching another product or may have already launched it called Fibre On Demand,

as not everywhere is getting FTTP , this will allow you to get FTTP if you can get FTTC. the cost is quite heavy for install tho.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• BT are launching another product or may have already launched it called Fibre On Demand,

as not everywhere is getting FTTP , this will allow you to get FTTP if you can get FTTC. the cost is quite heavy for install tho.

Yeah.... It's been about for a while, if you've got the coin then B.T will roll the fibre out to where ever you want.... Silly money though I think. Recently had fibre provided for a very rural wind farm. A lot of it being overhead in this instance !!! Overhead single feed fibre course was interesting... Thought that it couldn't be that robust to take Scottish weather.. But it does. And blown fibre...??!!... It was really interesting!!!.. You can send that stuff a fair old way with a bit of air and a tiny wee lead weight!!!! Clever basturts ;-)

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!