USB tuner for VU+ Duo or VU+ Uno

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,606 times. The last Post () by meggiedude.

• Lo there,

Still umm'ing and arrr'ing as to whether to plump for genuine Duo or Uno.
    I am still leaning towards the Uno. (newer, faster, more onboard memory, smaller footprint etc etc)
    But at this point it only has the one tuner.
    Pluggable/swappable twin tuner to come sometime later in the year (hopefully)

So if I was to purchase it I want to add ext-USB Terrestrial HD tuner to the mix. Ideally twin tuner if poss.

Are there a selection to choose from that people know will work, assuming the right firmware and drivers are deployed?? Or what should I be looking for in terms of spec??

Thanks

MD

• Hi Meggiedude....

Ahh the dilema what to buy......and have you seen the New Duo coming out later this year....worth a look before making any decisions! lol

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-second-wave-vu-duo2.html

Failing that head to our sponsor Sat-Shop.co.uk - Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics by the looks of it you will need DVB-S/S2 or DVB-C/T Tuners for the Vu Uno??

Do you need 3rd tuner? 2 tuner's work fine for me with the DUO? Do you want it now? I would/am waiting for the new one although we don't have any idea on prices yet :(

Either way you cant go wrong with VU range so any choice you make will be a good one!!

Have Fun

:mrgmx:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Lo there mrgmx,
    Yes, well I've had fingers burnt wrt a clone Duo, so looking genuine now anyway. Lavatronics were top of the list to buy from anyway.
    Yep I know about the Duo-2, but its not out there yet, and will be at a premium when it does come out.

The reason for the Uno over the Duo is that the Uno is new technology, more memory, smaller etc and once you fit a twin sat receiver its like a quicker smaller (more attractive??!?!) version of the Duo anyway.
    The pluggable twin tuner module for the Uno and Ultimo is not out there yet, all you can do presently with a Uno is swap the single sat S2 tuner module for a hybrid DVB-T/C tuner module.

I can live without the second sat tuner for now, but it would be nice to add the option of a second DVB-T2 tuner via ext USB so I can at least record off two tuners. That way when the twin S2 tuner module is released I will have three tuners (or even 4 if the usb tuner is dual)

So in summary, won't be able to afford the Vuo-2, Uno is better IMHO in terns of future spec, but want twin tuner option for now
    Thats my reasoning anyway.

So any advise on ext USB DVB-T2 tuners would be appreciated.

Cheers,

MD

• I am using the Vu+ Duo - and with the BH image it works perfectly with a twin USB-T tuner - I have 2 twin USB-T tuners - both based on the Afatech AF9015 chipset that work. Other images crash the tuner on gui restart - but a full restart cures this.

If you are in need of a twin USB-T tuner once you have got your receiver - let me know - Like I said I have 2 of these tuners and I don't really need 2 so I'm sure we could strike a deal....

As for a DVB-T2 tuner - last I heard there were issues with these working at all, and not seen any updated information to suggest a DVB-T2 tuner works - I might be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me with specifics if I am.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I am using the Vu+ Duo - and with the BH image it works perfectly with a twin USB-T tuner - I have 2 twin USB-T tuners - both based on the Afatech AF9015 chipset that work. Other images crash the tuner on gui restart - but a full restart cures this.

If you are in need of a twin USB-T tuner once you have got your receiver - let me know - Like I said I have 2 of these tuners and I don't really need 2 so I'm sure we could strike a deal....

As for a DVB-T2 tuner - last I heard there were issues with these working at all, and not seen any updated information to suggest a DVB-T2 tuner works - I might be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me with specifics if I am.

Thanks for the offer m8.
    In the end I plumpted for the reduced Duo (£269) as I wanted the twin tuners and patience got the better of me.
    I have also rummaged around and found an MSI Mega*** 580 DVB-T USB tuner. Knew I had one hidden away and found it the other day.
    Interestingly it says its 'HDTV ready', so will be interested to see if it works with the latest BH image.

So will try that out with the Duo, see how it goes, and report back.

Cheers

MD

• master G

Added the Label DVB-T/T2 USB Tuner
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “USB tuner for Duo or Uno??” to “USB tuner for VU+ Duo or VU+ Uno”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!