Telnet mistake

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 796 times. The last Post () by rami.

• Hi

I accidently dropped my laptop while connected to the ET9000, and in trying to catch it sent something via DCC telnet, TV picture disappeared
    immediately, dont know what went was sent via telnet.
    The receiver now displays ET9X00 on display and will not respond to remote control or manual buttons, I have tried unplugging and re-flashing with various images, the receiver starts flash and then goes to booting but no further.

Any ideas on getting it running again would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

gmth63

• Official Post

I have tried unplugging and re-flashing with various images, the receiver starts flash and then goes to booting but no further.

While trying to reflash a new image, did you update the bootloader so you can use the latest images ?

If you didn`t do this first the image won`t boot properly, download the latest et9000 bootloader, flash the same way you flash an image, then reflash the image again.

• Hi thAnks for the reply
    Yes tried reloading bootloader,but would not recognise it, it did already have the lastest bootloader before going wrong, I was using the latest VIX image.
    I have also tried different usb sticks

thanks

• Are the usb sticks FAT32?

Also are you certain the backup battery didn't come loose?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• reformat your usb stick in a windows pc/lappy before flashing ¬

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi, thanks for reply,
    yes usb sticks are formatted correctly, have reformatted again to be sure, havent moved the box, so battery shouldnt have come loose ,
    tried reflashing again but with same result.
    Is there any way of finding out what was telneted to the box?

thanks

• hi, the prob is when you download image to any reciever and stop by elitricity gon off in the midlell the dowload or the cable gon off rs 232 is big prob i think the only issue try to download with rs 232 or you have to go for jtag i dont no this reciever but i have somes bad experience in the past ,hope you get solution

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!