Duo keeps freezing since I updated!

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,670 times. The last Post () by meharimran.

• Hi all, looking for a little advice and help.

I have a original Vu Duo not a clone.

I updated to the new Blackhole 1.76 today, I was on 1.75.

After setting everything up I noticed that the picture would freeze constantly, so after another installation I decided to go back to 1.65. However since I downgraded back to 1.65 the same issue is happening!

I have tried a fresh clean install of 1.65 but Im still getting the freezing. The only thing that sorts it out is a reboot but after 10 minutes or so the box freezes again.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Many thanks.

• Is there any reason why you are on 1.6.6 when there is 1.7.6 available? I know some people have not gone beyond 1.7.3 because of they might be scared of the multiverse thing:dribble:

But you might want to go for something a bit higher!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• When you say freezing, you mean on FTA channels? - nothing to do with your method of decryption I gather? Can't see anything would have gone wrong, maybe you have knocked a connecton when you was messing with the box. Also you need to make sure your drives are set up properly to a mount point. If you still get the issues then try installing the bootloader and image again, probably not the case but something could have got corrupted.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• i had that issue a bit here in dublin this evening i put it down to atmospherics the *** is very thundery looking and the heat is very unforgiving .it is back working fine at present its been very stable up to this point and i am sorry if i am not making sense but thats how it is and i hope it gets ok for you cheers

• check your signal strength on the channels which are freezing ? the sun thats if you get any can cause it to freeze but i only got it on 1 west when the lnb was pointing at it at dinner time ? could be a weak transponder ???

• If you have a motorised dish and use 'positioner', have you put the correct details back in the box?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi guys,

thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

Just to clarify when I say the box freezes I dont mean the picture freezes, I mean the whole box locks up, the picture freezes, I cant enter menu`s etc. THe only way to have it function again is to reboot.

This morning I decided to try and install a Vix Image to see what happened with that, the box appears to be a little more stable but still freezes up but far less than it did with the black hole images.

I really dont understand this because it was fine until I installed Blackhole 1.76

• Just a little update for anyone else who may have similar problems.

After searching the net for a answer to my problem it appears that Ive found an answer.

It appears that the latest Kernal 3.11 has a memory leak, back in April of this year I read that the VU creators had become made aware of problems such as mine in a small number of Vu Duo`s, They had received a box with this fault and where attempting a fix but so far they coudnt find where the fault lied.

According to some people going back to the old Kernal and an Old Image was the only option.

What puzzles me is my Vu only showed this fault when I attempted the latest blackhole image flash. I guess the moral of the story is, If it aint broke dont upgrade your image.

Not been able to see any updates to Vu looking for a fix since April/May so if anyone else knows any news Id be greatful!

It appears that the latest Kernal 3.11 has a memory leak, back in April of this year I read that the VU creators had become made aware of problems such as mine in a small number of Vu Duo`s, They had received a box with this fault and where attempting a fix but so far they coudnt find where the fault lied.

Not only the Duos but also the UNOs but as you say not all of them...
    ¿ HOw many plugins have you got installed? how much memory is left ??
    Another part of the story is that dependin on which soft you use to read ram,flash ,etc, you get different readings which I have seen a few times,,,
    Your case reminded me of something else , after changing images several times you will notice( or not) that the boot logo at first is from the previous image.
    certain things seem to stay in caché even after flashing the new image.which also takes up memory.. in this case I reflash with an original vu+ image ( rev 7.0)
    then flash on whichever image I would like to try..in BH images ,pressing BLUE-YELLOW you will see how much an image consumes ,etc,then whilst there ,
    red:memory
    green:space
    yellow :cpu
    blue: process
    as I say this is only an estimated reading and not always exactly true..
    If you have a usb lying around ,plug+ mount (if neccessary) it in and use the FORCE SWAP to reduce RAM vu+duo which is on the addons..
    try this out and se if it helps the image from freezing..

• Latest Update,

Did everything cazuela suggested and im delighted to say that everything is working perfect again!

Big thanks to everyone who offered support and help and a massive thanks to cazuela.

Im so delighted ive decided to become a VIP and ive just sent my £9.99 payment!

Thanks again!

• Glad to hear it bud ...
    but I, like many others would love to know what exactly what the problem was and what exactly cured it....

BTW: Thanks for the contribution bud ,it helps to keep this up and running and the rest of us happy to be involved in this site and our hobby :shake:

• And I may add ,,Use this script developed by "Past2Present", it works fine with Force Swap.

191f2fc3da20f2814e.jpg

After unzipping the files,,,Script itself goes to /usr/script
    Set rights to 755 and enjoy.

Enjoy!

• Im not the biggest expert in shell scripts but

Couldn't the same be achieved almost by excuting the command free

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• How you fix it? I have same problem now.[emoji19]
    Pls help me thanks in advance

Im not the biggest expert in shell scripts but

Couldn't the same be achieved almost by excuting the command free

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!