Strange Freezing Problem

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 886 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi there to everyone I have a vu duo now for the last couple of months and have to say very impressed with it except for one tiny little problem, No matter what image I am using every hour on the hour I get a 7 second freeze, say at 10am sharp my box will freeze and will stay like that for the 7 seconds, same again at 11 am, 12 etc, this is the only glitch that I get ever as the server I use is perfect. I am currently using vix as this I find is the most stable for me but it is exactly the same when using blackhole or whatever image. I have spoken to my server about this and he has said that I am the only one with this problem. (who I believe as he is a nice guy)

This is not an issue for me just wondering has this or does this happen to anybody else, also happens with an openbox s10 that I have so not just a vu duo problem, I am in Ireland using upc broadband if that helps, thanks for looking.

• I am thinking that it is internet related as I can time it to perfection when it is going to freeze for the 7 seconds and I have 30mb broadband any more suggestions?

• if your on a server and its doing it every single hour on the hour.....kinda looks to me as the server owner has maybe set a script and cron job to restart server every hour on the hour......could be an error on the server owners side thinking he has set it for say every day???

EDIT as 7 seconds does look to me as oscam is being restarted, or have you got a script/cron job on the box running?? to say reset can every hour???

all i can think of

other than that does it do it on a fta channel if so could be your own side if it dont then its the server end not you

• I know it's not the server as I have been in my brother house who has a share with him also and it does not happen there just my place, I have no script or cron job running on the box and as I said it also happens with an openbox that I have, and it doesn't happen on the FTA channels only the pay channels. Thanks for the input guys.

• There are two things I would check first -

Anything set to run on your VU on an hourly basis?
    Your router settings, in particular your wireless settings.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Official Post

I know it's not the server as I have been in my brother house who has a share with him also and it does not happen there just my place, I have no script or cron job running on the box and as I said it also happens with an openbox that I have, and it doesn't happen on the FTA channels only the pay channels. Thanks for the input guys.

From reading this thread it is obvious you are paying this guy every month for the privilage of watching tv, there is absolutley no support here for payservers or their supporters.
    Maybe the nice guy you quoted will help you get to the bottom of this.
    Good luck, this thread is closed.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!