Clone DM800se from China - Which Image and which Bootoader

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,896 times. The last Post () by madasafish.

• I have just received my DM800se (single tuner) from China. When I boot it, it loads an image that says "Sunray 4 Powered by CNIGMA (Sim2)". The image has english language which is fine but only has the Asian satellites to search against and I cannot get it to load europe satellites. The networking is setup and hard disk installed - all working fine.

1. Anyone know how I can get it to load/install european satellites (namely Astra 22.8E - Sly)
    2. There is alot of talk on here about SSL84B and sim2.10. How do you find out exactly what version of SSL and sim you have?
    3. Would it be better to flash a new european image to it. If so, which one? On ealier deambox's I did prefer the Pli images

Thanks in advance,

Madasafish

Openbox S9, Firmware version HDS2_SCMT_20110315.abs, No local cards, Fixed Dish pointing to 28.2, Location - the smoke.

• 1 Download catseye's list for E2 and send files to ypur 800SE with dreambooxedit. Thats one way of doing it but first :
    3 flash your box wit a patched clone i,,age and pick one that has integrated bootloader ie it's name has 84b as part of name.
    2 when you are flashing(switch on while holding the on/off button and wait till you see ip add before you release on/off), on your browser you nhave a choice of firmware upgrade or device information and thats where you get bootloader version
    So order is flash the box with your choice of image and use dreamboxedit to upload catseye

• In case you have not flashed the box yet, I found that most clone images do not work very well with the sunray4 single tuner (Alps) as the bcm7405 module for dms does not pick the tuner, you need a patched version.

To add your sat go to this site and select and save the satellites.xml file. Edit it if you want some transponders off, which will spped up scanning, and then copy the file to /etc/tuxbox directory on your box with ftp or your dm control app. Select the bird on the tuner config and you should be good to go.

Before you flash backup the /lib/modules directory as that will be needed for future flash updates. Also always try the firmware on a USB boot before flashing the box, then dump that firmware with dflash and write the dump to the box flash.

• Thanks everyone....

I used the following image to reflash the box and everything works fine. The image allows me to enable the sat tuner and disable cable and terrestrial tuners. I selected the 28.2 bird on the sat tuner, did a scan, everything works perfectly.

sim2-persianempire-lite-beta3-Sunray_sr4_ready-SSL-84b-by_sat4fun

Special thanks to Iame for detailing how you flash the box.

Madasafish

Openbox S9, Firmware version HDS2_SCMT_20110315.abs, No local cards, Fixed Dish pointing to 28.2, Location - the smoke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!