Omnikey reader ubuntu help for newbie

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 891 times. The last Post () by birdman99.

• Ok, firstly i want to thank in advance all the people who have helped so far .
    im feeling like im on the last lap now with everything setup apart from the reader itself and configuring my card,which i wont try and do untill this is completed.
    now ive got the omnikey 3231 reader here ive got my white sly card,firstly how doesit go into the reader,chip facing down with sly sign facing front of reader?
    when do i plug it into the usb?before i complete this process or after,(I KNOW THESE ARE BASIC QUESTIONS BUT I CANT FIND ANY INFO)

Ok ive logged into ubuntu server as root and entered the 2 cmds in tut.
    now im faced with a GNU nano 2.2.6 file: ect/opensc/opensc.conf screen

with menu at the bottom.

Im defo missing what im supposed do do next???
    please advise..:linuxsat3:

now ive got the omnikey 3231 reader here ive got my white sly card,firstly how doesit go into the reader,chip facing down with sly sign facing front of reader?

The Chip Side should be up..

when do i plug it into the usb?before i complete this process or after,(I KNOW THESE ARE BASIC QUESTIONS BUT I CANT FIND ANY INFO)

If you have it configured correctly, just boot the server with the omnikey connected.. It does not matter when you insert the card, it will be recognised by oscam..

Ok ive logged into ubuntu server as root and entered the 2 cmds in tut.
    now im faced with a GNU nano 2.2.6 file: ect/opensc/opensc.conf screen

with menu at the bottom.

Im defo missing what im supposed do do next???

You have to Un-hash & Edit the lines mentioned in the omnikey tut (Unhashing the lines makes them active in the code). From memory, these lines are not easy to find as this is a big file but be patient and you will find them.. You can omit the line below from the omnikey tut.

Code
    provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1

But all the other lines in the tut should be added/unhashed or edited as suggested in tut..

Code
    reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;

And dont just stop there, finish off the omnikey tut!

Good luck

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Best way to find out which way to put a card in a slot is check where the metal bits are that touch the chip on the card - shine a torch in the slot and you will see. Always chip end first, and on the omnikey the chip faces you as you put it in, so where you see the front side of the omnikey, so long as you see the chip as you are putting it in then it is the right way!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The chip on your card needs to be facing downwards and facing towards the OK omnikey sign make sure you push it down all the way then it will be read correctly

theres no lines or files on the page

Well then you have not installed properly. Follow the tut!

Code
    sudo apt-get install opensc pcscd libccid

m8 looking over all your threads, a lot of them seem to be because you missed steps etc, you will have to follow these tuts to the letter if you want results.
    I found it easier to edit the opensc.conf file by using WinSCP as root user and navigating to /etc/opensc/, right clicking on the opensc.conf file and clicking edit. Make all your changes and save..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I have been sat for 24 hours entering everything to the word or at least i thought i had,i havent missed anything i dont think.
    ive gone through winscp and have found the file and am now able to edit .

• Do you want some hands on help mate im happy to help via teamviewer if you like

I have been sat for 24 hours entering everything to the word or at least i thought i had,i havent missed anything i dont think.
    what part do i need to redo?

I explained above, If you ran

Code
    sudo apt-get install opensc pcscd libccid

then you will have a file located in etc/opensc called opensc.conf and it will not be blank!

i am right in logging in as root to do this omnikey part?

Yes, I always log in as root in putty & WinSCP. Logging in as root gives you full access to files that are protected as normal user..

• Is this correct editing?
    sorry to be such a pest,but do i delete # on the reader_driver .pcsc.........only or should # be removed from all the lines below it in the driver feilds?
    like i have here
    # The following section shows definitions for PC/SC readers.
    reader_driver pcsc {
    # Limit command and response sizes.
    #Default: n/a
    #max_send_size = 255;
    #max_recv_size = 256;
    #
    #Connect to reader in exclusive mode?
    #Default: false
    #connect_exclusive = true;
    #
    #What to do when disconnecting from a card (SCardDisconnect)
    #Valid values: leave, reset, unpower.
    #Default: reset
    #disconnect_action = unpower;
    Also i could only find Lock_login +true, so i changed it to false and deleted #
    joint10

• yea would love some hands on help im just editing this opensc file and following instructions on editing
    team viewer id 838 968 141
    passwrd 4868

• Im using Ubuntu uno.the files there i just had to edit it, thought there might have been a filealready edited that i could download and then ftp
    is this what this link is?

• Or if you look in the tutorials section there is also http://linuxsat-support.com/li…key-readers-linux-pc.html

When you have done that, head over to the OSCam tutorials, there are a few with info you will probably need -

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…s-smargo-omnikey-etc.html

Now your OSCam configs, what are you using Oscam/CCCam?

The configs for OSCam are in this thread - http://linuxsat-support.com/os…pdating-entitlements.html

Id put this one to one side for when you got it running to check things - http://linuxsat-support.com/os…nts-when-using-oscam.html

Its likely that any difficulties you encounter, someone else already has, or one of the other longer serving staff have wrote a tutorial.

Personally, the way I did it was, more or less took the configs from my box, and amended them to reflect the fact that I wasn't using the CI on a STB, but an Omnikey.
    [HR][/HR]

The majority of the information, actually id even say all the information you need is in this forum, its there are so many different possible combinations of everything that part of what you need may be tied in with some stuff that is irrelevant.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Now ive done that short version -

oscam.conf

[global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    logfile = stdout
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    httpallowed = 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254
    #httprefresh = 3

# protocols
    [newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000;

oscam.user

[account]
    user = cccam
    pwd = cccam
    monlevel = 0
    uniq = 0
    group = 1,2
    au = 1
    caid = 0963

oscam.server

[reader]
    label = smargo1
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    detect = cd
    cardmhz = 600
    mhz = 600
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    group = 1
    caid = 0963

Put the configs in /usr/local/etc/ and make sure you check the permissions on them.

I still use this to refer to - http://linuxsat-support.com/li…oscam-cccam-commands.html
    [HR][/HR]

Sorry I used your post as an example, im relatively new on the scene to so I am very much still still learning as well.

I think people learn more, through getting through as many of the problems they can thierself and then asking for help, breaking a problem down into smaller parts and trying to find the answer for that, then look at the next part.

Members are also more likely to get more favorable set of results from the search function this way and for the record, im very much a hippocrit because I was probably annoying the c**p out of thers when I first joined.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Still having problems getting this to work,have entered a c line into a reciever but nothing is clearing, any help would be appreciated rather verbal or hand on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!