Remote Channel Stream Converter

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,937 times. The last Post () by TK4|2|1.

• Im not sure if this should go here or in dream box addons, as I think it works on dream-box as we seem to provide most support on VU+ ive put it in here.

This addon is simular to Partnerbox (which can be downloaded and installed via out section on TS Panel)

Once installed you can access this plugin by navigating as follows: Main menu -> System Settings -> Service Searching, here you should have a new option called 'Remote channel stream converter'.

You select this and then press the yellow button to set the 'IP address of the enigma2 box whose channels that you wish to generate in your remote bouquet. You require knowledge of your FTP user name and password details to use this plugin successfully.
    Once this information has been successfully input the plugin will ask you which bouquets that you wish to convert . Mark the bouquets that you wish converted with the 'OK'/'Select' button and then press the 'Green' button to download.

You will then find at the end of your bouquet list the new remote bouquet generated. If your remote box is in standby, then the remote bouquet will function in the same way as if an actual additional tuner was in your enigma2 box. If your remote box is not in standby then, you will be able to stream/watch the same channel or a channel on the same transponder that you are watching.
    [HR][/HR]

Credit to the addon author and Extrasmooth for the original forum post.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi there

I've got this setup (and working) on my VU+ Solo2 as the server and DM800se as the client.
    Rather than put the VU+ box in standby - or watch the same channel - is it possible to get the DM800se to use one tuner for channels and VU+ box use the other tuner?

Thanks

• Hi there

I've got this setup (and working) on my VU+ Solo2 as the server and DM800se as the client.
    Rather than put the VU+ box in standby - or watch the same channel - is it possible to get the DM800se to use one tuner for channels and VU+ box use the other tuner?

Thanks

The server box does not need to be in standby for it to work, this was only required with single tuner receivers. with a dual tuner it just borrows a free tuner in the same way as a recording does.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I'm using an OpenPli image on the DM800se (with no Sat connection) and Blackhole on VU+ (dual tuner)

Just checked and my 2nd Tuner wasn't configured. Went and did this and it works perfectly without going into standby
    Thanks for help

• Hello,

I'interested in this solution as I would like to use my DM800 as a viewer of what is decoded by my vu+uno (the tuner of my dm800 is dead and i do not have connection to the sat dish in this room)
    My vu uno is under vti 5.0
    What kind of image shall I deploy to the Dm800 to get this plugin working ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Best regards

Ldr_78

• Flash your DM800 with OpenPLi, download the plugin from menu, after installation you can find it in menu/settings/tuner settings and set it, it works good. :)

• also remember if your Uno has only a single tuner you will have to put it into standby so the other receiver can use it's tuner, if your Uno has a dual tuner you can continue to watch T as the other receiver will use a spare tuner.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Flash your DM800 with OpenPLi, download the plugin from menu, after installation you can find it in menu/settings/tuner settings and set it, it works good. :)

Ah found it! Menu/Setup/Service searching/Remote channel stream converter

Works well between DM800s, I guess it should work with a VU+ (server) and DM800 (client)?

• Hello,
    I am trying to set up VU+ Solo2 as the server as you did which seem to be simple using Backhole 2.x but my problem is that the channel list that supposed to be created in directory /media/hdd/tuner is not generated when the Tuner Server is enable.
    Any idea about what is happening?
    Many thanks in advance for your help

Hi there

Thanks

• Hello,
    I am trying to set up VU+ Solo2 as the server as you did which seem to be simple using Backhole 2.x but my problem is that the channel list that supposed to be created in directory /media/hdd/tuner is not generated when the Tuner Server is enable.
    Any idea about what is happening?
    Many thanks in advance for your help

The bouquet lists you choose to stream are in your client box..
    You set up the REMOTE CHANNEL STREAM CONVERTER in your client box not your server box...
    press yellow->set server IP-> fill in all details-> use address:OK -> tick whichever bouquets you want to install in your CLIENT box...
    restart your box then you will find the server-tuner list at the end of the main list.

• Hi,
    I want to watch another channel with the client box than the one in the server box.
    Remote stream converter is installed on my client receiver and work perfectly. But I have to put the server receiver in standby/or watch at the same channel-transponder than the one in the server. Tried the solutions suggested here, without success.
    My config:
    Server: VU+ solo2 dual tuners. One sat cable, one LNB connected to tuner A. Tuner B configured as "Same as tuner A". Also tried Tuner B configured as "loopthrough from TunerA" (with the option Preferred tuner: B int the system preferences). In both configs, not working. I must watch the same channel /transponder on the client receiver when the server receiver is not in standby. Maybe the problem is here. I'm not sure of this config.
    Image: VTI 8.2.3

Client: Vu+ Solo. Tuner not activated (Using it only for streaming). Remote Stream Channel installed and configured, bouquets imported ok. Work OK when the server receiver is in standby.

Would be very grateful if someone had an idea

• thanks for your answer
    2 tuners, 2 lnb... No solutions with a single tuner?
    Splitting one cable won't be ok. I'll be forced to watch the same channels with equivalent polarities...

any software solution with only one LNB, like tuner emulation f.e?

• thanks for your answer
    2 tuners, 2 lnb... No solutions with a single tuner?
    Splitting one cable won't be ok. I'll be forced to watch the same channels with equivalent polarities...

any software solution with only one LNB, like tuner emulation f.e?

Sadly not.
    I was recently in the same boat. I ended up fitting a unicable lnb to my dish, as I couldn't run another cable. Now I can run 4 tuners of 1 cable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!