burglar alarm recommendation

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,001 times. The last Post () by richard_t.

• looking to buy a burglar alarm soon preferably wireless anyone recommend any looking maybe maximum £500 preferably one that can message you aswell. house is an extended semi front door, back door + 4 ground floor windows

• The Best Burglar Alarm!

A Trained Guard DOG!

:snicker:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• was going to say we have 4 akitas, doors open 247, no one would come in my house lol

• scantronic 9651 8 zone panel cheap and very reliable easy to program

• 4 aitaka's feck that!!! Mind wen I had a paper round waaaay back in the day there was one house that had a aitaka dog... well put it this way i dont think the customer got to read the paper think he just paid for it so the dog could have fun lolol

• There is a saying that an alarm, shows you have something worth stealing, the only alarms systems that are any good are those that connect to a security company immediately. Alarms merely act as a deterrent.

I've heard alarms going off near me for a long time and nobody has bothered to call the police etc.

That is of course my opinion

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• added to that the call that has to go to the main switchboard of the Feds

For them to dispatch a Unit immediatly if your lucky

Thieves arent stupid nowadays....or some anyways......in and out like a countdown.....Cash...Gold....Silver...Jewels....even lappys and ipads are being left now!

Like i said if you want to protect you, your house and family....a correctly trained Dog that knows when and how to bark and makes the potential burglar think twice!

All this, allowing people to give your dog treats and having a friendly dog around people won't work....there's a difference between a Pet and a Guard Dog.....breeds....stick with the Guard/Working dogs and look for the defensive/alpha/guard trait as all dogs have different makeups!

I've seen a little yorkie scare the S*&T out of a dog Wolf Hound....quite funny so it was! all because the Yorkie was an alpha and the Wolf Hound must of been a lover or lower down the pecking order!

There is a reason why a Dog is Man's best friend!

For the Record mine is Chinese Shar Pei!
    Guards this house like a fortress.....will stand to attention at the porch and not leave....Looks after his Pops and is Great with the Kids!

Woof Woof Walkies!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi Delboy,

The prime looks like it has some useful options.

(having seen 2 massive dogs cowering under a table, whilst a house had been ransacked/violated for a long while, I would not recommend them as highly as others may do).
    Main issue with wireless alarms used to be interference, however, they are a lot better these days, as long as your not next door to a taxi cab company). Also, ensuring that you get a good signal on the network if using a sim card.

Rich.

I should have gone for stamp collecting, it would have been cheaper....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!